Author Topic: Gull Lake, yes!  (Read 1200 times)

Offline SNAPFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
Gull Lake, yes!
« on: Feb 23, 2019, 06:37 PM »
I wasn't planning to head to Gull but things just turned out that way.  Didn't exactly get there early.  I arrived around 9 a.m.  Really not much snow but the odd place where it piles up.  About 8-10 inches were it does otherwise nothing but a crust. 

Started out in 13 FOW.  Clear!  Like Sylvan clear!  I can't tell you how happy that made me.  It has been many years since you could see more than 2-3 feet.  This was a treat!  I like to sight fish whites sooooooooooooo....time to get at it.  So 50 minutes....nothing.  I'm thinking of giving it another 15-20 min and heading back home.  Throwin in the towel.  Thoughts of "whatever happened to Gull, flooding my head".

Low and behold, here comes a burb!  Big too.  And quickly followed by a 2nd burb.   About 5-6 feet behind the trailing burb, a big white!  I knew at this point that things had turned.   

Had a great morning of fishing from there.  The whites were lights out aggressive.   Also had a big pike about 3 inches across the back come in.  Best part is a could see it all from above.   Had my limit of whites before noon and headed off very happy with the results.  I did hook one male burb as well and it had a long white spunk trail hanging out so they are getting ready and close to the spawn.

First two

Full boat - 3.1, 2.8 and 2.5 lbers

Awesome!

Offline Shrubs

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Gull Lake, yes!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2019, 10:28 PM »
Nice catch gettin to be about that time.  Plan to head that way next weekend to hopefully get some of those whites and fill some Tags.  Got to go after some lakers first though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.