Author Topic: last day for ice shacks  (Read 874 times)

Offline snakehead

• IceShanty Rookie
last day for ice shacks
« on: Mar 08, 2009, 12:12 PM »
Does anyone know when we have to have the shacks off the ice, it must be soooooooon. I think next winter i will sell my shack for a case of beer and buy a portable. :tipup:

Offline snakehead

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: last day for ice shacks
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2009, 12:14 PM »
One fella told me if we dont have the shacks off in time they burn them.

Offline fatleroy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2009, 12:27 PM »
According to the Anglers Guide  SOUTH  of  HIGHWAY  # 16   March 15  - NORTH HIGHWAY #16 March 31. You have to have NAME and ADDRESS on shack so DNR Officers know where to send the fines and other cost related issues for removal.
 Maybe it would be a good idea for the government or someone to charge a permit fee to put a shack on the ice. Like the snowmobile trail thing - a through road could be plowed on lake  etc etc with the funds collected. 

Offline snakehead

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2009, 12:46 PM »
Thats a good idea, do they burn the shack or do they haul them away.

Offline fatleroy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2009, 01:30 PM »
10 years or more, a friend, Blair left a shack on the ice, Fort Quappelle lakes, lives in Regina, knock at the door 6:30 PM DNR Officer gave him tickets and citation, expense charges, storage charges, and had to go out to Fort Quappelle and pick up what was left of shack by certain date, it was trash because of care taken in removal process. Cost him close to 700.00 ten years ago. Hopefully charges have gone up with the environmental concerns of today and tomorrow.   

Offline saskman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • team CanAm
« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2009, 01:42 PM »
I think what they should do is.
1. either put up a sign giving permission for anyone who can remove it is now the new owner.
2. put up ads saying that these shack are free for the taking but have to be removed by the end of month.
if the shack is still out there then yah fine the S@*t out of them, I think there are lots of guys who are shackless that would love the chance to pick one up.
go to taxidermy, mount it on the wall

Offline engineman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep your worm wigglin!!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 08, 2009, 08:36 PM »
on Blackstraqp if they're left on past the 15th, DNR pulls thgem off and they're free for the taking by anyone. Lots of guys that can't afford, or build one get one that way, and more power to them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.