Author Topic: Zipper problem  (Read 1279 times)

Offline cporter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Zipper problem
« on: Jan 29, 2008, 02:27 PM »
The zipper teeth on my clam 5600 pulled apart behind the zipper. Its apart about an inch, as soon as I spotted it, I left it alone, didn't want to make it worse. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Offline Luffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag up!
Re: Zipper problem
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2008, 07:19 PM »
I had the same thing happen to mine..  couldn't fix it.   Fortunately, it was close to the bottom corner, so I just sewed up the opening there and put some sealant on it.  It's not even a factor now.  It would have been a different story had it been in a different spot.

I found that zipper problems happen when ice forms on the teeth.  You can still work the zipper, just have to be a little gentle with it and it won't be a problem.

Offline cporter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2008, 05:08 AM »
Luffy,   Thanks for the info, I thought about sewing it shut but I'm going to see what Clam is going to do. Its less than a year old. I was hoping someone had a trick for zippers.

Offline Luffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag up!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2008, 11:26 AM »
Yeah, if they simply come apart, then they can usually be lined up again..  it's when they get forced that the teeth bend, etc, then you're screwed.  Apart from replacing the whole thing, there's not much to do.  I've never reached out to clam corp for anything, so it will be interesting to see what happens.  Let me know.

Offline cporter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2008, 05:28 AM »
I've been in contact with the Clam Corp via Email. So far so good, they've agreed to replace the tent for my 5600 (just under the 1 year warranty). At the end of the hard water season, all I have to do is cut a section of the zipper and all the logos out and send them in, in turn they will mail me a new tent. So for now, I'll deal with the zipper problem. I'm glad I don't have to send the whole tent to them, now I can keep the old one for patching material.

Offline Luffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag up!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2008, 10:53 PM »
cporter,

Glad to see they are going to take care of you with the warranty.  Good deal!   ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.