Author Topic: Brookies in Evening Snow Storm  (Read 607 times)

Offline Brandon

• Team IceShanty Addict
Brookies in Evening Snow Storm
« on: Dec 18, 2023, 01:53 PM »
eature=shared

Finally got my act together. Just could not motivate myself to get packed up this week and head to the ice. I thought I'd go Dec 4th and 5th... It turns out it took me to the 7th of December to actually get things together and head to the ice.  I've been trying to edit a bunch of videos and get some content up. Finally left home at 11 am in the morning. What a slow start. Do I even like fishing anymore?  Anyways I arrived to the ice at 2 pm... bite time. Sun sets around 4 pm. I drove through rain and snow the whole way. Right when I got to the lake, it just started to snow.  The Storm Front actually followed me right to the lake.  Perfect Timing.  The ice was a shiny smooth sheet soon to be covered by a couple inches of snow.  There was a red plastic sign strapped to a tree near the lake saying, "Attention: Thin Ice Danger. DEC 3RD."  I guess me and the one leaving the notice have different ideas of what thin ice is.  The ice was a solid 6 to 8 inches thick. It wasn't even cracking when I'd jump. Super thick compared to my first time on ice November 17th.  Temperature was -2C, and it started to snow right when I got unloaded. It snowed the whole time I was fishing.  I always love fishing a snowy storm front.  Once I found the brookies, they were very aggressive. Unfortunately, the first one that ate my slender spoon was the biggest. It was fighting well. I could see the fat side and coloration through the ice. Then it became entangled in my sonar, and the line snapped.  Fortunately, there were more where that one came from. I must have hooked another 10 brook trout. Kept 4 ranging from about 14 inches to 20 1/4".  I fished into the dark, and my last fish came an hour after sunset at 5 pm. The biggest one landed.  Those big trout feed after dark. Consider taking a light and trying it out sometime.
THE FISHING DOCTORS ADVENTURES https://www.youtube.com/user/Brandonkop

Offline Reel trouble

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Brookies in Evening Snow Storm
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2023, 12:55 AM »
Very cool

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2023, 04:29 PM »
Awesome video. I like ice fishing for black crappie and walleyes at night. Big brookies through the ice is really nice.
Master Laker taker.

Offline Pinetree3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2024, 01:14 PM »
Great video, thanks! Only ice fished for brook trout once but it was an absolute thrill jigging up a few

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.