Author Topic: Another Epic Trip To Lake George ( Drone Footage and Lakers!)  (Read 4413 times)

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Got out to lake George for the first time this year. Went up north and nailed some nice Lakers. Got some cool drone shots and some info on the Lakers!

Offline wolfpak3770

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spike Em Joey!!!
Re: Another Epic Trip To Lake George ( Drone Footage and Lakers!)
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2019, 09:19 PM »
That's awesome,  thanks for sharing!
👮👮👮

Offline sameoljets

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2019, 10:15 PM »
Excellent work

Offline KeukaZ71

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2019, 05:43 AM »
Always love your videos. Thanks for taking the time to put them together

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2019, 06:06 AM »
good job........... I think the boy  fishes  better then you  ;D

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2019, 06:58 AM »
Pretty cool footage. Thanks for sharing. Nice catch on the deflated balloon.
I live back in the woods you see

Offline rob45

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2019, 07:37 AM »
Nice video!  I always enjoy your videos also.  It’s probably a lot of work to set up the camera and drone footage. I think you need to take a week off and make some more videos! Ha Ha. Gotta love the King!

Offline Hardwater2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2019, 08:22 AM »
Cool video and footage!

Offline pmac3

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2019, 08:52 AM »
Great video. Thanks for sharing!
Pete

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 17, 2019, 09:34 AM »
Thanks for all the positive input, the hardest part of creating the videos is definitely the weather. Between the white snow and the white sky haze blinds the cameras. It’s dark one moment the light the next. Filming yourself is always a challenge, like the first clip of me catching that fish. My recording loop reset and did film me landing the fish. Rowan has this week off from school so I think we we are going to go up to lake George and catch his first laker and make a great video with a little twist!

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 17, 2019, 03:02 PM »
I watched it.
When the video camera came out we used to call them home movies,  now they are called viral.  Strange.
What's really the purpose for virial videos is my question ? Okay,  it's cool to be bored on the couch and watch someone else wishing they were there but here me out.

It seems to only promote others to do these things . In that case it brings others into bad situations they are in no way prepared.  It seemed easy to the viewers but in reality,  it's a lot of preparation and knowledge.
Many people chase others on the net and as a result,  many require assistance from professionals to rescue them.

Have fun and keep it Real.

Offline gotaway

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 17, 2019, 03:22 PM »

I enjoyed the video.  I also appreciate the info you provided regarding ice thickness and the pressure ridge,  thats some of the input I look for to help ensure a safe trip.  Also enjoyed you sharing a few things that worked for you. ..thanks

Offline Mjm1876

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 17, 2019, 03:38 PM »
The viral video was much appreciated by me as my truck is packed for a weekend fishing trip at Schroon but the Flu decided it wanted me home in bed for the weekend instead.  Thanks for a great post!

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 17, 2019, 04:00 PM »
I watched it.
When the video camera came out we used to call them home movies,  now they are called viral.  Strange.
What's really the purpose for virial videos is my question ? Okay,  it's cool to be bored on the couch and watch someone else wishing they were there but here me out.

It seems to only promote others to do these things . In that case it brings others into bad situations they are in no way prepared.  It seemed easy to the viewers but in reality,  it's a lot of preparation and knowledge.
Many people chase others on the net and as a result,  many require assistance from professionals to rescue them.

Have fun and keep it Real.

I know you like to troll my post but your response makes zero sense

For starters it’s not a viral video,  that’s a video that creates millions of views in a shot period of time. Normally a shot funny or outrageous video.  when videos camera came out they called them home movies because you could only watch them at home, ( no internet). The videos I post are vlogs. I also don’t shoot my videos on a video camera I use a DSLR.
The reason I makes my videos are purely for fun. I enjoy flying drones ,capturing insane landscapes, shooting butter b roll just as much as I do catching the fish. I learned how to ice fish , salt water fish , and film all from watching videos on YouTube. When I stated ice fishing I didn’t have anyone to teach me. I don’t think my videos put anyone in danger or make someone do something that’s not safe. I don’t promote fishing on unsafe ice. I clearly stated in the video how the ice was and that I found unsafe ice and didn’t go any farther. YouTube is just another platform to collect information off of. Just like ice shanty. What you do what that information is up to you.

Offline Ice Chipper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 17, 2019, 04:57 PM »
I wanted to subscribe to your video but don't no where or how !  Help!

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 17, 2019, 05:44 PM »
When I post videos on here it won’t play on the YouTube platform. Just go to YouTube. ( or get the app on your phone ). Search epic upstate and our channel will come up along with all of our videos. Hit subscribe and your good to go. Once you subscribe it will automatically alert you when a new video is posted. You can do that with any YouTube channel. Its free , your basically creating a play list and when channels post videos your subscribed to they show up in your feed.

Offline Ice Chipper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 17, 2019, 07:10 PM »
Got it ! Thanks for a really great video! I like that drone!

Offline reservoirdog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 17, 2019, 08:37 PM »
      Awesome video , great job out there and great job putting it all together for our viewing pleasure , Its a darn shame you getting this grief from haters , I do commend you on your persistence not to  go down the same road in return . Keep up the good work and many more  FISH-ONS !!!!!!

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Feb 17, 2019, 08:49 PM »

I know you like to troll my post but your response makes zero sense

For starters it’s not a viral video,  that’s a video that creates millions of views in a shot period of time. Normally a shot funny or outrageous video.  when videos

camera came out they called them home movies because you could only watch them at home, ( no internet). The videos I post are vlogs. I also don’t shoot my videos on a video camera I use a DSLR.
The reason I makes my videos are purely for fun. I enjoy flying drones ,capturing insane landscapes, shooting butter b roll just as much as I do catching the fish. I learned how to ice fish , salt water fish , and film all from watching videos on YouTube. When I stated ice fishing I didn’t have anyone to teach me. I don’t think my videos put anyone in danger or make someone do something that’s not safe. I don’t promote fishing on unsafe ice. I clearly stated in the video how the ice was and that I found unsafe ice and didn’t go any farther. YouTube is just another platform to collect information off of. Just like ice shanty. What you do what that information is up to you.
Keep um coming. 👊🏻

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 17, 2019, 08:55 PM »
Alright....

So far, just from roaming through the threads here, I have come to find out that Tuna dislikes snowmobiles on schroon, hates ATV’s on the ice anywhere, and hates throttles videos.

Reminds me of a grumpy old man movie. Haven’t figured out if it would be the first or second one yet tho.

Keep the videos coming. They are awesome. Absolutely nothing wrong with making them...

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Feb 17, 2019, 09:08 PM »
Thanks for the support guys. Fishing is all about having fun. Me and Rowan are going out this week. ( kids have the week off from school) hopefully Rowan is going to nail his first laker on a jigging rod ! Keep your fingers crossed. He checked large mouth bass , and walleye off his fish list already this year. He’s on a roll

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21 on: Feb 17, 2019, 09:16 PM »
this video may be my fault !I asked throttle to do a   how to catch lake trout video and he did ..... I personally never caught a lake trout threw the ice and I wanted the info ......I found it informative and enteritaning  how ever I still think Rowland is the star  ;D...... you did a good job

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Feb 17, 2019, 09:19 PM »
this video may be my fault !I asked throttle to do a   how to catch lake trout video and he did ..... I personally never caught a lake trout threw the ice and I wanted the info ......I found it informative and enteritaning  how ever I still think Rowland is the star  ;D...... you did a good job

Trapper I did just what you asked. More drone and more how to. He will be in the next video for sure ! Your going to have to go out and catch one now

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Feb 17, 2019, 09:28 PM »
Trapper I did just what you asked. More drone and more how to. He will be in the next video for sure ! Your going to have to go out and catch one now
Otsego lake has them Trapper not as far as lake George but they're there. C'mon let's go 🤣

Offline Justinrc21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Feb 18, 2019, 12:36 AM »
Great video, as always. Inspiring. I’m planning on taking my son out this week as well. I won’t have the quality footage, but hopefully I’ll get a picture of a kid with his first laker! Great stuff! 
'For those who have defended it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know' ~Unknown~

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25 on: Feb 18, 2019, 06:36 AM »
I went to a lake close to me  that has safe ice some years and I had them chase no takers ! people around me got them .... I did get some good perch .....I think I got a free lake trout lesson coming from Freddie  ;D

Offline slipbob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends use tipups!
« Reply #26 on: Feb 18, 2019, 02:45 PM »
Fantastic it's amazing the footage you get with the drone :o   Very cool and thanks for sharing.  One thing you can never complain about on the north basin at the KING is crowds of people. 

Offline johnb340

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Feb 18, 2019, 03:05 PM »
I've never ice fished for lakers and the only time I've ever been up to Lake George is for Americade.  This video is great and has enough content that I feel I could actually catch lakers if I wanted to, great job.

Offline egriffin70

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ed
« Reply #28 on: Feb 18, 2019, 06:54 PM »
Alright....

So far, just from roaming through the threads here, I have come to find out that Tuna dislikes snowmobiles on schroon, hates ATV’s on the ice anywhere, and hates throttles videos.

Reminds me of a grumpy old man movie. Haven’t figured out if it would be the first or second one yet tho.

Keep the videos coming. They are awesome. Absolutely nothing wrong with making them...

Yea, I agree.  I was hoping not to run into him last month when I was on Schroon with the quad.   I pictured some old guy pointing a finger yelling ..

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Feb 19, 2019, 07:02 AM »
I actually have my ATV out on the ice.
I just think there is a time and place for them.  First clear black is is not one.

I don't mind the videos at all, just shameless self promotion

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.