The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: First Time on Champlain  (Read 933 times)

Offline JigDragger

• IceShanty Rookie
First Time on Champlain
« on: Feb 14, 2019, 06:08 PM »
i finally have a break from work and have a hotel booked in St. Albans this weekend. i have never been on the big water. Im excited, but also want to be cautious. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to dm me as well. I am mainly going after pike and lakers. I would also be up for info on areas that are shady and i should stay clear of. Bait Shops near Saint Albans that you guys recommend. i know how fishing goes no one wants to give away there honey holes. i would just like some general knowledge about the lake. Tight Lines everyone and stay safe out there ;)

Offline Adam.love05

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: First Time on Champlain
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2019, 06:23 PM »
I dont really fish for like.. But I know a couple of buddies that fish them arooind kill kare on Hathaway point, ive hooked a bunch on accident fishing for perch just north of kill kare entrance.. Park at kill kare and walk out towards the bluff wall/point just I the other side of that is a little pocket that is productive.. A few hundres yards from there is also a good spot for white perch (out near the bouy) I also,know they fish dillenback bay I'm just not familiar with that spot..

As far as lakers go! See my,last post, I'm looking for info on them as well!

Offline JigDragger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2019, 06:27 PM »
i appreciate the reply Adam, were you talking about pike? or just fish in general

Offline Adam.love05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2019, 07:35 PM »
Pike mainly.. Bit there are options for other fish nearby. Like the whites near the bouy and there are perch aroind that area.. Even smallmouth later on in the season!

Offline aquarium234

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2019, 07:56 PM »
St albins bay usually have whit perch this time of year off hog island is goid for pike also deelenback bay
Its all fun and games until someone loses a walleye.......

Offline JigDragger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2019, 08:41 AM »
St albins bay usually have whit perch this time of year off hog island is goid for pike also deelenback bay

Thanks for the info man.

Offline Island_Viking

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 16, 2019, 06:46 PM »
Dillenback, Carry, Keelers, and the Gut are great places to look for pike. I have been working areas in about 8-12ft of water, big flats, with some weeds. Using extra large shiners and running them about halfway down in the water column, on tip-ups. As far as Lakers, I have no experience and wish you the best of luck. Hope there are lots of flags in your future!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.