The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Carry, Dillenback bays  (Read 1716 times)

Offline Hardwater Renegade

• Team IceShanty Regular
Carry, Dillenback bays
« on: Feb 13, 2019, 10:21 AM »
Was hoping to make the trip over to Champlain this coming Saturday. Was wondering how these 2 bays are looking, if there is good ice and how much snow might be on top? We got about 8-12" of snow last night and this morning up here in the NEK depending where you are, didn't know how much was gotten over around those bays. Thanks in advance for any info.

Offline Nthaburgh

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Carry, Dillenback bays
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2019, 11:40 AM »
You're looking at 20+ inches of ice and as of this morning there was a new 12+ inches of snow now sitting on top of it. Good luck to you. Look forward to hearing how you did.
"I've come to know the cold...I think of it as home" -G&R

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2019, 11:46 AM »
Thanks Nthaburgh. Sounds like plenty of ice and well I guess I'm use to trudging through the snow LOL. Appreciate the feed back looks like we will be headed over Saturday morning. I'll report back how we did.

Offline Nthaburgh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2019, 12:56 PM »
No problem. I fished Carry 2 weekends ago. 20 in of ice then. Did ok fishing panfish. Weather was brutal so we only put out 4 tipups. I drove by Dillenbeck yesterday afternoon and it looked like swiss cheese following the derby from this past weekend.

Fishing north of there on Sunday we had 24 in of ice. Trucks everywhere on the ice.
"I've come to know the cold...I think of it as home" -G&R

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2019, 07:07 AM »
We were hoping to target Northern's this coming Saturday on one or the other bays. I had forgot there was derby on Dillenbeck last weekend. Thanks for the info Nthaburgh. Good luck to you.

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2019, 04:13 PM »
Anyone know about conditions at carry or dillen today, and if it's worth fishing either? 

Offline perch bait

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lil' Crayfish
« Reply #6 on: Feb 16, 2019, 05:36 PM »
Anyone know about conditions at carry or dillen today, and if it's worth fishing either?
We fished Carry this morning for a little bit, only dink perch to be found. Drove up around 9:30 and there was only one other truck at Birdland (not a great sign that the bite has been very good there). 6-8 inches of snow on the ice, close to 24 inches of ice beneath that. Good luck!
Perch bait- a small minnow that can have big results in the ice fishing game.  :icefish:
My Blog: https://jacobcrawford8.wixsite.com/pboutdooradventure

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2019, 05:58 PM »
We fished Carry this morning for a little bit, only dink perch to be found. Drove up around 9:30 and there was only one other truck at Birdland (not a great sign that the bite has been very good there). 6-8 inches of snow on the ice, close to 24 inches of ice beneath that. Good luck!

Thanks - elsewhere it is.

Offline WVBoy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I am haunted by water." - Norman Maclean -
« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2019, 08:42 AM »

Same...got there for the afternoon bite and there wasn't one...at all..not even fish being marked on the Garmin. One pike of decent size on tip-up and that was it.
"Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths." - Jimmy D Moore

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #9 on: Feb 17, 2019, 11:04 AM »
Dillenbeck shuts off every year usually after the islands derby for a bit.
Too much pressure.
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline Royalkangaroo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 18, 2019, 06:52 AM »
Fished Dillenbeck yesterday for the first time in probably 6-8 weeks.  Got about 1 flag per hour, and only caught 3 small pickerel and pike.  Beautiful day but real tough fishing.  Seems like the past couple years there haven’t been great.

Offline cbice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 18, 2019, 08:33 AM »
It's been a pretty slow year overall from what I'm hearing.  I've only been able to get out 3 times for pike.  3 days of fishing has only produced 1pike and 2 pickerel.   That's on Keelers, Missisqoui and Abenaki.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 19, 2019, 01:27 PM »
Wasn't able to make it over there saturday like i was hoping, we ended up at Elmore instead. By the sounds it has been pretty slow going for you guy's that fish these bays, maybe wait till closer to spring to give it a try. Good luck tom you all.

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #13 on: Feb 19, 2019, 02:38 PM »
Wasn't able to make it over there saturday like i was hoping, we ended up at Elmore instead. By the sounds it has been pretty slow going for you guy's that fish these bays, maybe wait till closer to spring to give it a try. Good luck tom you all.

How did you do at Elmore?
Champlain
Memphremagog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 19, 2019, 03:56 PM »
How did you do at Elmore?

Not to bad we landed 4 pike the biggest being 25" the others were right around 21-22". We lost 3 more. As usual the wind was raging down the lake pretty good, at some points you couldn't even see our heritage tip ups it was a complete white out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.