Author Topic: Showdown loses depth when hole hopping.  (Read 868 times)

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Showdown loses depth when hole hopping.
« on: Jan 27, 2019, 09:52 PM »
I have this issue with my Showdown lately. When I pull the transducer out of the hole at anytime the depth will reset itself to 100 feet and I have to reset the range before being able to see the bottom or my jig. It's annoying to have to adjust the range all the time. It doesn't matter if it's in auto range or set to a specific depth.
jbird68

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Showdown loses depth when hole hopping.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2019, 09:02 AM »
Might have to send it in for repairs. Mine has never done that. I own 2 of them.
<===Lefty===

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2019, 10:46 AM »
This started at the end of last year. The unit works but I just have to reset the depth every time I put it back in the hole. 
jbird68

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2019, 10:56 AM »
My Lowrance M68/x67 does that once in a while. So does my open water unit if I get up too shallow or pull the 'ducer out of the water (TM mounted). If I wait a bit it'll generally find itself. On the ice one of the problems (I think) is ice freezing on the bottom of the 'ducer. When I pull and move I give the bottom of the 'ducer a quick wipe on my bibs. It seems to help.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline defish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2019, 01:51 PM »
Maybe try unhooking the battery for a day or two.  That sometimes resets electronics when they get stuck in a "stupid loop."

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2019, 02:59 PM »
Left it unhooked already. After charging it was unhooked most of the summer. Already working with Marcum on this issue. I need to try a couple things.

1. Does it only do it in zoom mode.
2. Does it do it in full column mode.

I wasn't paying attention to what mode it was in. Might just have to go drill a hole and see if I can repeat it in both modes.

jbird68

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2019, 05:24 PM »

OK.  I think I figured it out. I think it was in auto depth mode which automatically sets the depth to 20 feet. That's the lowest I could get it without putting it in zoom mode. When I pull the ducer out of the hole it would change depth to 67 feet. When put it back in the hole it would show the depth at 10 feet but the range would not recalculate.
I was taking video to show this but as I started to record I could not get it to repeat. This is when I figured out it was in auto depth mode. Before I started the video i had manually set the depth to 20 feet and then put it in zoom mode to 12 feet. When setting the depth manually I could not get the depth to change. It would hold at 12 feet whenever I removed the ducer and put it back in the hole.
jbird68

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2019, 12:30 PM »
OK.  I think I figured it out. I think it was in auto depth mode which automatically sets the depth to 20 feet. That's the lowest I could get it without putting it in zoom mode. When I pull the ducer out of the hole it would change depth to 67 feet. When put it back in the hole it would show the depth at 10 feet but the range would not recalculate.
I was taking video to show this but as I started to record I could not get it to repeat. This is when I figured out it was in auto depth mode. Before I started the video i had manually set the depth to 20 feet and then put it in zoom mode to 12 feet. When setting the depth manually I could not get the depth to change. It would hold at 12 feet whenever I removed the ducer and put it back in the hole.
Oh yeah I forgot about the auto function. Mine does that also. I just forgot it did.
<===Lefty===

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.