Author Topic: Helix 5 ice gps  (Read 1207 times)

Offline icetilt

• Team IceShanty Regular
Helix 5 ice gps
« on: Jan 20, 2019, 07:54 AM »
So I got my new helix 5 out on the ice for the first time today and i loved it. Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to set it up to conserve the battery.

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Helix 5 ice gps
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2019, 08:56 AM »
black background, turn the back light down to <5

Catchin' Fish

Offline icetilt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2019, 05:04 PM »
black background, turn the back light down to <5

Thanks matzilla!!

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2019, 07:35 PM »
Great advice on the battery and black background. That should help a lot. I also went with a 10ah lithium for my helix 7. So far it hasn’t come off 100% battery reading but I’ve only used it for about 5 hours straight st any one time.
Never Stop Never Stopping

Offline jchunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2019, 07:53 PM »
Great advice on the battery and black background. That should help a lot. I also went with a 10ah lithium for my helix 7. So far it hasn’t come off 100% battery reading but I’ve only used it for about 5 hours straight st any one time.

I've read that the Helix with the Lithium batteries tend to read 100% even when they are lower than that from use. The Helix units are designed for the lead acid batteries and will read those correctly.

So if you used your Helix for five hours, I'm sure it wasn't still 100% but read that anyway. It's has something to do with how a lithium battery operates, being they give off a constant voltage until they die.

Unlike the lead acid batteries that slowly drop in voltage while they are in the process of depleting.
So just make sure you charge your battery after use. That way you can be sure you don't run out of juice on your next trip.

Offline icehound67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2019, 05:54 AM »
Very true, on your helix the percentage will always read 100%. If you want a true reading keep an eye on your voltage.

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2019, 01:33 PM »
Look at spilt milt productions he has a really good video on the settings for the helix ice 5.
Keep it safe! JDL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.