Author Topic: How does the otter pro lodge perform in windy conditions  (Read 579 times)

Offline Crazy4moosehunting

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey guys, looking at buying my first flipover. Have Eskimo fat fish pop up shelters. But looking for something that is easier to set up in the wind and don't need to spend so much time anchoring it down.

Any help or opinions are welcome.

Going to stick with the otter line up because of the sled. Have one that's been used a lot  and still looks like new

Offline Chuck Enwinde

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: How does the otter pro lodge perform in windy conditions
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2018, 02:56 AM »
Otter makes some stout gear.   No need to anchor the flip over as long as you have a bit of snow.  If you have no snow and windy conditions you may still want to anchor.    In a hub, the wind may take it for a ride.  In a flip over, you're going along for the ride.   As long as you can get past the price, it should serve you well for a long time.

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2018, 01:43 PM »
I used to fish primarily SD and Western NE and sold my Clam and bought an Otter Cabin and never looked back. Wind was the major deciding factor in going with Otter.

Offline cropee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2018, 02:02 PM »
Otter xt pro are the best portables on the market for xtreme cold and windy conditions. Hands down no if and or buts about it. You will never look back

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.