Author Topic: Helix 7 SI.  (Read 1987 times)

Offline Coachkwj

• Team IceShanty Regular
Helix 7 SI.
« on: Oct 26, 2018, 01:02 PM »
Monkeyed around with one at BPS and it is now the only thing I want for my birthday. Pull it off the boat and it's easily one of the clearest and best units for ice fishing. I like the split screen flasher and sonar. Only thing is I've heard these draw a lot of juice. Anyone have any issues with a 9 AH battery not lasting the whole day on the ice?
Don't fall in. Unless it's a big one.

Offline Figure ate

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Helix 7 SI.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2018, 01:09 PM »
It lasts all day with screen brightness turned down. Otherwise I just carry an extra battery

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2018, 01:16 PM »
 If you turn the brightness down, you can last all day usually. I’m sure you already know that side imaging only works when the transducer is in motion.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 2018, 01:29 PM »
Using the black screen background helps save the battery also.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Coachkwj

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 26, 2018, 01:46 PM »
If you turn the brightness down, you can last all day usually. I’m sure you already know that side imaging only works when the transducer is in motion.
Yes. Buying it primarily for the boat but after seeing it in ice fishing mode I'm going to give my son my 597 ci HD di that I have been using. Thought that was the best out there for both open and hard water but now that the Helix has ice fishing mode I just have to switch. Side Imaging will be new for me on the boat but can't wait to try that out. Can use my Lakemaster chip with all the waypoints intact too.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 26, 2018, 02:04 PM »
Make sure the one you get has auto chart live, It is a game changer for ice fishing.

Offline Coachkwj

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 26, 2018, 02:31 PM »
Make sure the one you get has auto chart live, It is a game changer for ice fishing.
This has everything except networking. I can't wait!

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 26, 2018, 02:41 PM »
just get a 10ah or 12ah - they're dirt cheap and only marginally larger than 7/9ah
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A82A2ZS/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_5?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

I can run my 5 for a long, long time on a 7ah when its warm, but when its 20 below it really kills the capacity of an sla. I had an 18ah in a power box setup in my old Frabill Recon and would barely put a dent in it, could go several days without recharging. My shuttle for this year has that 12ah in it

Catchin' Fish

Offline Coachkwj

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 26, 2018, 04:31 PM »
That is cheap. Thanks to all for the advice!

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Oct 27, 2018, 12:31 PM »
New better cradle this year, plus lakemaster promo charts ta boot. I run a Nocqua 10 ah battery.  All day power, no memory, and very light.

Offline Coachkwj

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 01, 2018, 12:55 PM »
Just pulled the trigger. Bass Pro matched Walmarts price of $599.99 and there is a $200.00 rebate. Happy Birthday to me!. Gonna get the ice shuttle/ducer with the rebate and for open water Hummingbird will upgrade the transducer to HD for maybe $100.00.
Best of both worlds at great price.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #11 on: Nov 01, 2018, 01:16 PM »
Where did you find the rebate coach? That would be enough to make me up grade a second unit...
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 01, 2018, 03:51 PM »
Just pulled the trigger. Bass Pro matched Walmarts price of $599.99 and there is a $200.00 rebate. Happy Birthday to me!. Gonna get the ice shuttle/ducer with the rebate and for open water Hummingbird will upgrade the transducer to HD for maybe $100.00.
Best of both worlds at great price.

make sure you cash in on this
Purchase a qualifying model between 10/1/18 and 2/28/19 and receive a promo code redeemable for one free LakeMaster high definition contour lake map from chartselect.humminbird .com valued up to $29.99. - direct from Humminbird

Catchin' Fish

Offline Coachkwj

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Nov 01, 2018, 04:17 PM »
Where did you find the rebate coach? That would be enough to make me up grade a second unit...
The rebate is exclusive to Bass Pro Shops. They are priced higher than some but they do price match.
I can't figure out how to post a .pdf file.
Send me a message with your email and I'll get it to you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.