Author Topic: Fastest Ice Auger  (Read 5414 times)

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Fastest Ice Auger
« Reply #30 on: Aug 28, 2018, 03:11 AM »
Deal Ninja, off topic , but how ya doin neighbor? how much power does the mud mixer have? i haven,t seen any numbers on         it in any threads. just wondering. we go to mn and n.d. each year ,n, may have 30 or more in. of ice. no problems       yet with the 1200 milw., but if it bites the big one, i may look into that mud mixer. thanks, wire

Offline ryno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ditch the bobbers and get a 'tight line'
« Reply #31 on: Aug 28, 2018, 04:23 AM »
I have a mid mixer paired with 8" k drill and played around with my strike master laser 10" shaver.  I was using the 9th battery...which is considerably stronger and faster than the 5ah.  The MMM is a beast with k drill and does a nice job with the 10" SM, just have to be careful with down pressure. I just picked up a 12ah bat and can't wait to try it out.  I'd say the MMM with 8" k drill is as fast my SM lazer pro 10"...which is as fast of auger I have been around.  However, chuck up the 10" and having to ease up down pressure the SM lazer pro wins the race.  I do like the ease of drilling holes with an electric auger.  The SM is now just a back up.
]

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Aug 28, 2018, 08:43 AM »
Deal Ninja, off topic , but how ya doin neighbor? how much power does the mud mixer have? i haven,t seen any numbers on         it in any threads. just wondering. we go to mn and n.d. each year ,n, may have 30 or more in. of ice. no problems       yet with the 1200 milw., but if it bites the big one, i may look into that mud mixer. thanks, wire

Hey wirenut45.  I don't think Milwaukee has ever posted torque specs on the Mud Mixer, but  it's got more oompf than the 1200ip hammer drill for sure.  It's also quite a bit bigger and heavier.  I don't know that here in PA if we'll ever get enough ice to really test its mettle though.  It's insanely fast and smooth cutting with a Nils auger.  The thickest ice I've been able to test on was 10" last year.

DN   
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.