Author Topic: Panoptix PS22-TR ice mount?  (Read 1574 times)

Offline markinohio

• Team IceShanty Regular
Panoptix PS22-TR ice mount?
« on: May 04, 2018, 08:50 AM »
Given the transducers size, is it practical to fish from the same hole or drill a dedicated hole for the transducer?

The Garmin ice fishing mount looks nice, but bulky. I’ve only see a few pics of “custom” transducer mounts. I’m thinking that a simple PVC “T” would be just a practical, and a lot less bulky? Anyone build a better mount for the panoptix transducer?

I’m trying to decide between purchasing the ice bundle, or purchasing the components separately. The ice transducer would be nice, but I don’t think it will see much use…if any. If there are better options than the Garmin ice mount….I would lean towards purchasing the components separately.

Thanks,
Mark

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Panoptix PS22-TR ice mount?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 08:27 AM »
I find it far easier to drill a dedicated hole. Since the down Vu on the PS22 covers such a wide swath compared to any flasher cone. The advantage is you don't have to move transducer when landing fish.

Rather than purchase the 1700 dollar ice package. I purchased a used Echomap 92sv for under 500. Fabricated my own mount, mounted on a five gallon bucket to use for shuttle. With the PS 22 the standard ice fishing ducer is no longer needed. Used money I saved to install two LIfepo 4 batteries. One 24 AH for finder and a 10 AH for the Panoptix PS 22. After all said and done about 1300 invested.

If interested I can post pix of my build.
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.