Author Topic: End of season post  (Read 1277 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
End of season post
« on: Mar 27, 2018, 08:57 AM »
Well I didnt make it out today and have been telling myself this is it for the year unless we get some really weird polar vortex or something. It has been a great ice year for me once again. Fishing from Henrys to Cascade and back to the Gorge and all the usual places has been a good time with all you ice heads. The comroderie has been priceless for me. I managed to get on the ice the earliest I have ever walked on solid water (Nov 11th), Got some porky perch from cascade and got my soon to be son inlaw out for his 1st ice camping trip and laker. Thats a few more notches off the bucket list and I am happy to have spent it with the peeps I did. I hope you all have a great spring, summer, fall and will see you back here next season. Of course I'll still be on here and over at MFF but post count will definately be going down. I'm going to close this out with some of my favorite pics this year and in no paticular order. Great times, good people & hard water

Tightlines everyone and by the way its only 10deg at the berry right now  :'( I really should have went today. Hopefully some of you haven't called it yet and will feed our addiction a little longer with some pics. Just be safe
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: End of season post
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2018, 02:51 PM »
Has been a fun year, for a screwed up weird winter... We were very lucky to get on the ice as much as we did. Thanks for letting me join in the fun, it was a good time... Wish I could have made a few more of your other trips... Hopefully next year... Later J

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2018, 06:23 PM »
It was a fun season Matt. It was nice to meet a few more of you on the ice this year. I am going to give it one last go this Friday, and my season will be over as well. Enjoy the warm temps ahead.

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2018, 06:28 PM »
Looks like you had a great season, and caught some nice fish!

I am curious as to what kind of fish the second to last one is? With the red body and silver head?

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #4 on: Mar 29, 2018, 08:58 AM »
Has been a fun year, for a screwed up weird winter... We were very lucky to get on the ice as much as we did. Thanks for letting me join in the fun, it was a good time... Wish I could have made a few more of your other trips... Hopefully next year... Later J

Fun year for sure and as always ther will be plenty more trips to get in on

It was a fun season Matt. It was nice to meet a few more of you on the ice this year. I am going to give it one last go this Friday, and my season will be over as well. Enjoy the warm temps ahead.

Great time this year for sure Matt, be safe tomorrow and let us know how it goes. Good thing is there really never was to much snow so the slush will be minimal. Just watch any ridges, gaps or cracks

Looks like you had a great season, and caught some nice fish!

I am curious as to what kind of fish the second to last one is? With the red body and silver head?

That is a post spawn kokanee with the red color caught out of a smaller lake that they dont get to big in. They sometimes dont die and continue to feed and swim with the schools. We've caught them from the gorge also on a couple occassions. That was definately the prettiest one I've personally seen. They usually look all crazy like this one

These are the 2 I caught that day, one still silver one with some red

Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.