Author Topic: Marcum transducer question?  (Read 1509 times)

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
Marcum transducer question?
« on: Mar 14, 2018, 10:57 AM »
Will a VX-1 transducer work on a LX-5? I know it is not dual beam. I am looking at a VXHD high speed transducer for a VX-1 vs the dual beam high speed transducer for a LX-5. I don’t need dual beam when running 30 mph. The cost difference is about $130 ... The VXHD is $89 the LX dual beam high speed transducer is $219

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
Re: Marcum transducer question?
« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2018, 11:50 AM »
I am pretty sure the VX  transducer will work. I certainly don’t need a temp sensor with a lx5 flasher, and I don’t need a dual beam. It is hard to find info on it. I emailed marcumtech but waiting for an answer. I believe the other transducer that goes on a bow mount trolling motor with big hose clamp is only a 20* transducer only. I have been using that on my bow mount for years with my lx5. The lx5 will not look for the 8* transducer unless you hit the NBT button. If I can get the VXHS transducer for $89 with free shipping it’s a no brainer, it would just be nice to have conformation that it will work / same plug-in.

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2018, 02:25 AM »
My LX-7 transducer has failed and I'm having lots of trouble finding one at a reasonable price.  Marcum wants $160 plus shipping for the dual beam, but if you send the head unit and transducer back with $125 (plus return shipping) they will fix whatever is wrong with both, including transducer replacement.  That's probably what I'm going to do.  If I'm fishing anymore this season it will have to be blind, which isn't anywhere near as much fun.

PS Sent it in this morning.  Return shipping was $17, cost me $13.65 to ship it to them via flat rate box.  So total cost will be about $156, still less expensive than getting a transducer alone (from them). 

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2018, 06:56 AM »
https://marcum.factoryoutletstore.com/details/91467/marcum-dual-beam-ice-ducer-lxdb.html?category_id=0&catalogitemid=81763

National Backorder
Late March Delivery
Anybody got any experience with this outfit?  Doesn't look like its associated with Marcum, although they snuck Marcum in the site address.  Notice that they describe it as a "Showdown dual beam" and then list the LX series compatibility.  The showdown dual beam is unique to the showdown.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Mar 24, 2018, 09:37 AM »
for a 50$ savings, the wording in description is fine with me. the model number is what you watch. free shipping too.
it is not a showdown transducer tho. you can add a 3 year warranty for 23$.

they take paypal, so you have like 90 days to open a dispute if any thing is wrong. call them and see how you feel after some small talk.
 1-800-816-0810
Disclaimer: FactoryOutletStore.com Copyright © 2005-2018 Privacy Policy Sitemap

here is their main page site with same contact.
https://www.factoryoutletstore.com/

here's more info
https://www.thornebros.com/products/marcum-replacement-transducers

but to answer your question, no i have never bought from them, but i might because they are the cheapest advertised price right now.

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 28, 2018, 04:59 PM »
Marcum only had my unit for a couple of days, it's headed back already.  They said the transducer was "weak" and replaced it, but also found several problems with the head unit.  I guess it was well worth it to send both units back.  If I had purchased a transducer and still had problems I would have spent a lot more.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.