The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Not a lot going on  (Read 1375 times)

Offline Lsranger406

• Team IceShanty Regular
Not a lot going on
« on: Mar 10, 2018, 01:15 AM »
Noticed lately the iceshanty has slowed down. What's going on people? No one want to share stories? Is it winding down around the state? I can honestly say i have been out more this yeae then any previous years. Been going hard now for the last 5 year's. Got out of fishing for a good ten years right up until I might my fantastic wife. If it wasn't for her I wouldn't be able to get out as much as I do. I Havnt missed a weekend since Georgetown had 3.5 inches. The shanty at that time was booming. Now, nothing! Sorry for the rant but what are people doing?
America is all about speed hot,nasty,bad a** speed

Offline mtoutdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish for anything
Re: Not a lot going on
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2018, 04:11 PM »
Taxes...

Maybe not but I have noticed that posts have decreased massively too
I think it just spring fever people getting ready for warmer weather
Formerly youngoutdoorsmans but wouldn't you know, I got older

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2018, 05:39 PM »
open water and pike on the river....although I should get another batch of perch...perch are the best..but the kayak and river on a sunny spring day?...that's what I am doing...sure I will regret not spending a few more days on the ice..enjoy perch fillets more than pike...but I got a dog to think about..and he likes the river..more than the ice...

Mizayikaa

« Reply #3 on: Mar 10, 2018, 06:17 PM »
open water and pike on the river....although I should get another batch of perch...perch are the best..but the kayak and river on a sunny spring day?...that's what I am doing...sure I will regret not spending a few more days on the ice..enjoy perch fillets more than pike...but I got a dog to think about..and he likes the river..more than the ice...
We must be living parallel lives.  I blew the dust off of the kayak and the long rods yesterday.  I am sure going to miss the ice but it's always nice to welcome the next season too. 
Noticed lately the iceshanty has slowed down. What's going on people? No one want to share stories? Is it winding down around the state? I can honestly say i have been out more this yeae then any previous years. Been going hard now for the last 5 year's. Got out of fishing for a good ten years right up until I might my fantastic wife. If it wasn't for her I wouldn't be able to get out as much as I do. I Havnt missed a weekend since Georgetown had 3.5 inches. The shanty at that time was booming. Now, nothing! Sorry for the rant but what are people doing?
Maybe everyone is over at myfishfinder.  Ha.

Offline RuralMT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 10, 2018, 06:20 PM »
I noticed the same thing, and while I understand what you're saying CCC, I'm afraid I'm still in hardwater mode.  Folks in my neck of the woods are still driving out onto the ice (not me...I have no such death wish)!  Anyway, what river are you floating for pike CCC, the Flathead?  I tell myself each spring that I'm going to give that a shot, but then I make the mistake of hitting the lake at ice-off...pike in the shallow bays of Lower Stillwater are hard to drive by en route to the Flathead.

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 10, 2018, 07:07 PM »
..that's what I love about montana...great spots everywhere...mic drop...next yr?.....

Offline PerchPounderMT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2018, 08:34 AM »
Boat is giving me dirty looks,turkeys are calling,bears are poking their heads out,hot rod truck is almost done  and antlers are hitting the ground....see ya all in Dec.   :tipup:
Dont ask

Offline MT Tag Filler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When the tags are filled you can bet Im on the ice
« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2018, 10:19 AM »
Boat is giving me dirty looks,turkeys are calling,bears are poking their heads out,hot rod truck is almost done  and antlers are hitting the ground....see ya all in Dec.   :tipup:

AMEN! Throttle down the tines are up boys! I’ll be chasing my spring bear while looking for elk sheds, then I’ll chase the gobblers, then I suppose I’ll fire up the ol girl and go to work.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.