The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake st Catherine question  (Read 608 times)

Offline EyERipLip

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Above the Ice, under the influence
Lake st Catherine question
« on: Feb 19, 2018, 12:38 PM »
Tried lake st Catherine this past weekend. Planned on going to bomo not knowing there was a derby there and unable to find parking with a trailer we had to find somewhere else. We got a late start and set up straight across from the access on a large rock ledge. Beautiful lake and great view but had a really slow day. Did start kinda late. Just wondered if anyone would offer up info on good areas to target Pike and possibly trout. Was set up from 12 foot to 60 foot but 2 flags and no fish. Also couldn’t find anything to jig up over there even with my modest fish finder. Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline peteinvermont

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lake st Catherine question
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2018, 01:23 PM »
Its been pretty slow there this year, I'm not sure why.

The spot you were in is typically slow, but some guys have good luck over there for trout.  If I go targeting pike, I typically go into the bay, just north of where you walked on the ice.  As for jigging, I've never caught large quantities of perch, but a typical day gets me 2-4 good sized perch.  There are some spots around the lake with much stronger perch numbers, but I won't post that here for now, because I don't want to blow up the spots any of the tournament guys are going to hit next weekend.  Shoot me a PM if you want and I can point out some perch spots. 

Offline EyERipLip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2018, 01:45 PM »
Awesome thanks. I’ll pm ya for a bit more info. Just fish for fun mostly c&r so I’ll keep urbinfo to myself. Thanks again

Offline Ram802

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2018, 02:39 PM »
Fished there for the 1st times this yr Saturday, east side of the lake between the state park and cones pt. 4 flags, 2 small pike, 1 perch, and 1 brown. Brown came off the bottom, 40 ft. I'll take it as i've been there before with zero to show for. Had the place to ourselves, everyone must have been at bomo Derby.

Offline grampieshanty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2018, 04:10 PM »
Its been pretty slow there this year, I'm not sure why.

The spot you were in is typically slow, but some guys have good luck over there for trout.  If I go targeting pike, I typically go into the bay, just north of where you walked on the ice.  As for jigging, I've never caught large quantities of perch, but a typical day gets me 2-4 good sized perch.  There are some spots around the lake with much stronger perch numbers, but I won't post that here for now, because I don't want to blow up the spots any of the tournament guys are going to hit next weekend.  Shoot me a PM if you want and I can point out some perch spots.
It has been the worst fishing in the area by green dump i have ever seen in the 14 years i have set up there. Rip lip , were you at the access on the north end  or by green dump? Why the fishing is so bad, I wish I knew.
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work

Offline EyERipLip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2018, 05:11 PM »
It has been the worst fishing in the area by green dump i have ever seen in the 14 years i have set up there. Rip lip , were you at the access on the north end  or by green dump? Why the fishing is so bad, I wish I knew.
Are you talking about bomazine or is there a green dump on st Catherine?? Sorry for the confusion. Tried to go to bomo but that tourney was a s*#t show so went to st Catherine instead

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.