The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Overnight onota  (Read 1340 times)

Offline Eastciderida

• Team IceShanty Addict
Overnight onota
« on: Feb 18, 2018, 11:30 AM »
Anyone know if you can park overnight at the boat ramp of onota? Planning on trying for some smelt there Wednesday night

Offline rogerj1977

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Overnight onota
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2018, 11:49 AM »
when i was there a few weeks back the sign said closed at dark but i think that is just for the park area i was there at 4:15 am getting out of car to fish a cop drove thru and didn't say a word to me. Pretty sure if your not doing anything dumb you wont have any issues. usually if i am parking somewhere overnight that i am not sure of the rules i just leave a not on the driver side window of my car saying why i am there and i have never had a problem
" Two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" 
Albert Einstein

Offline troutncrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2018, 12:33 PM »
YOu should be good, cops do patrol the ramp at night with drive thrus just leave a note. The best smelt grounds are straight out from the ramp so they will see the shanty and you will be able to see your car.
Drill um and fill um........

Offline Eastciderida

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2018, 02:12 PM »
Thanks for the Info. Got any tips on getting in to them?

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2018, 02:56 PM »
Never had an issue!

Offline troutncrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2018, 04:25 PM »
Never had an issue!

X2 just show up have a flasher, wait to see green.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2018, 04:29 PM »
X2 just show up have a flasher, wait to see green.

Ive been lazy...I need to go. 

Offline Eastciderida

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 18, 2018, 04:47 PM »
I’ll be out there Wednesday night not sure what time I will be getting there was planning on midnight but planning on earlier now and fish till about 10 or 11 Thursday

Offline troutncrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 18, 2018, 05:39 PM »
Ive been lazy...I need to go.

Based on your posts I don’t believe lazy is the correct terminology..... just focused on bigger species lol.Smelt fishing always kills me there is not many other fish that a sportsman can literally catch 100 of in a half hour. And fit them all in a bucket.

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Member of the GODS (Grumpy Old DudeS)
« Reply #9 on: Feb 18, 2018, 06:04 PM »
when i was there a few weeks back the sign said closed at dark but i think that is just for the park area i was there at 4:15 am getting out of car to fish a cop drove thru and didn't say a word to me. Pretty sure if your not doing anything dumb you wont have any issues. usually if i am parking somewhere overnight that i am not sure of the rules i just leave a not on the driver side window of my car saying why i am there and i have never had a problem

When I've fished late at night I would contact the local police Dept. and give them my plate # and vehicle description and tell them I expected to fish around a certain time and never had an issue.
MA

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • INSTAGRAM: MATTACHUSETTS
« Reply #10 on: Feb 18, 2018, 06:39 PM »
we were getting them there a few weeks ago, whole water  column filled on flasher...flasher was useless other then knowing they were there...so many it was solid red..hali jigs, gulf maggots all over the water column. dead stick did the best

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Feb 18, 2018, 07:36 PM »
Based on your posts I don’t believe lazy is the correct terminology..... just focused on bigger species lol.Smelt fishing always kills me there is not many other fish that a sportsman can literally catch 100 of in a half hour. And fit them all in a bucket.

Its fun fishing.  Maybe I'll get out next week.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.