Author Topic: How to stop spider holes!  (Read 2919 times)

Offline matt12

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: How to stop spider holes!
« Reply #30 on: Feb 17, 2018, 06:23 AM »
Terrible analogy, sawdust and glue are much stronger than the original wood.

come on really? toss a sheet of OSB in water, then toss a 2x12 in water. i bet you all my fishing stuff that the 2x12 lasts much longer.

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #31 on: Feb 17, 2018, 10:13 AM »
Maybe they were from the kids?

We have to be examples for kids. My son is an Eagle Scout and has volunteered for 12 years to teach younger scouts. Their moto is "leave no trace". I think that should be followed by ice-fishermen. I also saw a pile of charcoal left on the ice at a local lake. That has to stop before others think it's OK.
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 17, 2018, 05:07 PM »
I object to littering too but I don't think charcoal does any harm. After all, forest fires leave lots of it.
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline tentwiststhick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 17, 2018, 06:06 PM »
I'm not concerned about stopping spider holes to start with. It just seems like a waste of time to me. Mother nature is going to have her way no matter what anyone in this discussion thinks they can do to prevent spider holes. When you start to see them, it's a sure sign that the ice is waning. It's better to concentrate on more fishing, not fooling around with spider holes.  lol lol   :roflmao: :cookoo: :roflmao:
ttt

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Feb 17, 2018, 07:09 PM »
Did someone say Spider Holes???

A buddy and I got an early start this morning and walked out on the ice about 5:30. We used our headlamps and of course picks and spudbars. Got out to our spot and started to set up. Started jigging before first light and after it got light I looked behind us and saw this! :o

Where's the FISH?!

Offline tentwiststhick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 17, 2018, 07:23 PM »
Did someone say Spider Holes???

A buddy and I got an early start this morning and walked out on the ice about 5:30. We used our headlamps and of course picks and spudbars. Got out to our spot and started to set up. Started jigging before first light and after it got light I looked behind us and saw this! :o
I didn't mean to imply that there were no safety issues with these spider holes, especially the one in your picture or ones that are not visible in the darkness either. When they can be seen and they're very large, most of us tend to steer clear of them. The real big ones are often in the proximity of a pressure ridge opening up too. Just thinking about stumbling into that in the dark gives me the heebeegeebees. Stay safe. ;) :tipup: :tipup: ;)
ttt

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.