Author Topic: Marcum Camera Replacement  (Read 4166 times)

Offline RD79

• Team IceShanty Regular
Marcum Camera Replacement
« on: Feb 13, 2018, 09:19 AM »
I was hand-me-downed a marcum 825SD camera this winter with a screwed camera.  The camera body got moisture in it and was never sent it while on warranty from the original owner and this is why it was gifted to me as they didn't want to deal with it now.

Anyone have any luck finding just the camera and cord?  Tried the marcum website and they are far too concerned that I am in Canada even though i have an american box number to ship items to/from.

I thought this would be an easy venture to simply purchase a new one but they are making it quite hard.  I am not about to send it to marcums warranty place in winnipeg and pay shipping for someone to simply unplug the old one and plug in the new one.

Offline jpicks

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Marcum Camera Replacement
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2018, 10:18 AM »
I think unless you're willing to ship to Winnipeg, you're likely SOL.

Offline metalbender

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2018, 12:41 PM »
Wow, poor customer service from Marcum.  Bought an upgrade camera for my AV Micro 5. A phone call, credit card payment and it was on the way. Had it in short order in the mail.

Offline bean counter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2018, 12:51 PM »
I have that exact camera and had moisture in the screen and the buttons on the screen no longer worked - figured it was FUBAR after about 5 years of use.  I contacted Marcum customer service and ended up shipping the camera to them and they sent it back completely fixed.  I was completely satisfied with Marcum customer service!!  Heck of a lot cheaper than replacing that camera.

Offline RD79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2018, 03:09 PM »
I'm going to get a buddy in the states to buy me the replacement and send it up to me, this way i don't have to deal with Marcum's BS.  Does anyone know with 100% certainty that the VS485C camera is the same one used on the 825?

Offline slicktrick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2018, 09:30 PM »
Did you call marcum or email them I am curious as to their customer service. Went to use my vs380 for the forth time and the sceen won’t come on. I have tried emailing them and haven’t got a response back after three days.

Offline sask187

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2018, 04:08 AM »
I would call The Video Refit shop in Winnipeg they handle MarCum's warranty and repair in Canada.

Offline jignjim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 19, 2018, 08:21 AM »
I would call The Video Refit shop in Winnipeg they handle MarCum's warranty and repair in Canada.
Agreed! I have sent a couple flashers to The Video Refit shop and I am happy with the service!

Offline RD79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 20, 2018, 09:34 AM »
what did it cost you for shipping?

Offline jignjim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 20, 2018, 10:29 AM »
Around 20$ - more if you want insurance.

Offline newby

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Take care of nature and she will take care of you!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 21, 2018, 07:32 PM »
I just got one for my camera from video refit. It came with the camera and cord as well as the circit board. 10 minutes and it is working again.

Offline daustman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 22, 2018, 10:29 PM »
I have a similar issue with my Aqua Vu 740c (water in the camera, rest of unit works fine).  I've been told parts for this unit are discontinued, but don't know if that is necessarily true.

Any advice?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.