Author Topic: Striker ice jacket predator  (Read 1470 times)

Offline MT_mulies

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Aim high, Miss High"
Striker ice jacket predator
« on: Feb 05, 2018, 07:59 AM »
Hey guys I found a good deal on a predator jacket only it's a medium. I've done alot of Google research to see if it would fit me. It seems like it would be fine but I'm just curious if anyone my size would know. I'm 5'10" and weight 160. I normally wear a large t-shirt.
Will there be room to layer and room to grow thicker around the mid section haha? I'm thin now and try to workout but eventually I'm sure father time will catch me and I will get some kind of belly someday. My brother who is 6'1" and about 220 wears a large predator jacket and says it's plenty for him. That's another reason I think there medium would be fine. Thanks guys. And if anyone has a large or medium coat that is collecting dust let me know

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live to fish not fishin to live!!!
Re: Striker ice jacket predator
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2018, 08:11 AM »
I’m running the predator suit. Exactly the same dimensions of yourself. Both bibs and jacket are medium. Bibs are a bit long. Jacket is perfect. Normal day in western New York is bibs, hoodie, and jacket for the sit. I don’t see any reason to go to a large.

Offline KinnickResident

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2018, 08:16 AM »
Hate to say it but Striker suits tend to run a little small in my experience. I have a buddy who is a little shorter than you and about the same weight who just bought a medium Predator on sale from Scheels, and he wishes he had gotten the large. I have a Climate 2XL and it fits me perfectly; I wear XL in just about everything else.

If I had to I would err on the side of caution and try to find a large, clothes that are a little big are more manageable than too small.

Offline Flatrocker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2018, 08:27 AM »
On advice from this forum, I went for one size larger on jacket than bibs.  Glad I did.

Offline Kobey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2018, 08:48 AM »
My 13 year old son wears a medium Predator.  I'm 5'8" and 190* and a large was too tight on me so I had to go to an XL.  But I wear thermals, a T-shirt and a sweatshirt underneath.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2018, 09:05 AM »
I'm 5'6". Not too small but not that big at 170#. I wear a large jacket and it fits me just right, I wear large bibs and they are a bit bulky but comfortable. I have the legs adjusted all the way up as high as they will go. I wear LL bean insulated jeans and a t-shirt and merino wool sweater underneath the predator suit. I never get cold.

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2018, 10:08 AM »
I wear an extra large t shirt and I bought an extra large predator jacket, fits great. If you normally wear a large shirt I would go with a large Jacket. Medium is not that popular of a seller, If you do buy a medium wait a month and you will really see some great deals.

Offline RedRiverRick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2018, 12:30 PM »
I’m 5’9”, 175. Went to Large, the medium seemed tight and short in the arms.
What colour are you using?

Offline ejdelvo28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 05, 2018, 01:05 PM »
I am 6'0 165 and the medium predator jacket fits me perfectly.  I thought about large but wanted something not quite so baggy.  I am glad I went with medium.  That should help in your decision.

Offline flit

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2018, 03:00 PM »
I’m 5’ 9’’ 174 were large shirt.  I returned the medium size jacked because  fit me a little small, large side fit me great

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Feb 06, 2018, 08:20 PM »
I wear a 2XL shirt and went with the 3XL Predator coat because the 2XL was on the small side.  If you want to make sure the coat will fit you if you gain some weight I'd go with the large, extra room isn't bad but not enough sucks and gets expensive quick.

Offline JiggingIowa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 06, 2018, 08:33 PM »
I am 5’10” 165, with a pretty typical mesomorph build. The medium predator bibs and jacket are perfect. Lengths are good and room for a few layers without a problem.

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 06, 2018, 08:36 PM »
If you haven't got enough input yet :) I am 5' 9" and 160. I went with the large. medium fit perfect everywhere except the elbows and shoulders when I extended my arms and bent them, limited my range. I have wide shoulders also though and usually where large t shirts. Its kinda baggy in the stomach where the medium fit perfect but plenty of room to layer when its -20F here in Minnesota. Several adjustable cord things in the jacket allowed me to cinch up the stomach a bit though.  Medium bibs fit perfect.

Offline Houligan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 06, 2018, 09:07 PM »
Do yourself a favor and go to the Striker Ice website, look at size charts for what you are wanting to buy. There are dimensions to compare. They do generally run small. I'm a large and ended up with an XL.

Offline JiggingIowa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 06, 2018, 09:47 PM »
If you haven't got enough input yet :) I am 5' 9" and 160. I went with the large. medium fit perfect everywhere except the elbows and shoulders when I extended my arms and bent them, limited my range. I have wide shoulders also though and usually where large t shirts. Its kinda baggy in the stomach where the medium fit perfect but plenty of room to layer when its -20F here in Minnesota. Several adjustable cord things in the jacket allowed me to cinch up the stomach a bit though.  Medium bibs fit perfect.

I noticed a bit of that right when I bought them, they broke in perfectly though once they had been worn a few times.

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Feb 12, 2018, 09:31 AM »
I noticed a bit of that right when I bought them, they broke in perfectly though once they had been worn a few times.

I will have to remember that if I ever have to get a new jacket.. knock on wood it isn't any time soon.

Offline BassWhacker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 18, 2018, 09:43 AM »
5'9" 170lbs I have the striker hardwater suit. Coat and bibs I tried on both large and medium went with mediums. Fits great, I only wear a sweatshirt and sweatpants under.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #17 on: Feb 18, 2018, 11:47 AM »
5'9" 170lbs I have the striker hardwater suit. Coat and bibs I tried on both large and medium went with mediums. Fits great, I only wear a sweatshirt and sweatpants under.

.     That’s all u need with the hardwater, hear all these guys talk about layering, getting a size bigger, they are crazy!!  These suits are super warm!!

Offline Houligan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 18, 2018, 09:46 PM »
How is that saving money?

Yes you will float but that auto life jacket isn't very warm. ;) The OP is still looking for a jacket for the warmth, I would presume. If so, still would need to buy one.

Offline vanhln

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Feb 19, 2018, 01:18 PM »
I'm nearly the same size as Basswhacker and Mediums are nearly too big on me....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.