The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Saint Albans Bay  (Read 8266 times)

Offline packersskyline

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Saint Albans Bay
« Reply #60 on: Feb 17, 2018, 09:55 AM »
For a bit it looked like everyone was right next to each other.

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Feb 17, 2018, 05:26 PM »
We went into the horde of people this afternoon after I found a few after work yesterday,  so I figured the masses were on the fish. Totally wrong. Everyone that I could see weren't catching fish. I went through one of my Ion batteries popping holes all over between people and marked no fish. Got bored after a few hours and we headed out. Good thing the backup plan paid off or else it would have been a crappy day. Feel bad for the guys who drove a ways to get out there onto fish though..

They're around, but werent around the crowds today, that's for sure.

Offline mudchuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #62 on: Feb 17, 2018, 05:51 PM »
18 holes with nothing in them until the very last one and it only produced a dozen whites and some dink yellows

Offline Hideebeez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Feb 18, 2018, 12:07 PM »
I'm not totally subscribed to the wipe them from the lake mentality.  I hope anglers realize that they cant make a dent in the population with a jig stick. Now if we start trawling the inland sea that's a different story

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • im a die hard ice fishing addict 'nuff said
« Reply #64 on: Feb 18, 2018, 01:01 PM »
I had my best day yesterday out there I popped 5 holes and started pounding em so popped up the shack and ended up with 130pounds I had 3 fish that total weighed just over 5 pounds
i told myself id be back by 2 i guess i didnt factor in that the fish were biting

Offline perch bait

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lil' Crayfish
« Reply #65 on: Feb 18, 2018, 01:45 PM »
I had my best day yesterday out there I popped 5 holes and started pounding em so popped up the shack and ended up with 130pounds I had 3 fish that total weighed just over 5 pounds
Good for you Ice Fiend! Sounds like Crayfish2 and I are going to have to get out there soon before the shoreline ice disappears! Stupid warm weather! Everyone always complains about a long winter, but it's not really winter if the highs are in the 40s, 50s and even 60s now is it!!!  >:( :'(  I guess we'll just have to enjoy the ice while we have it and hope for colder weather!
Perch bait- a small minnow that can have big results in the ice fishing game.  :icefish:
My Blog: https://jacobcrawford8.wixsite.com/pboutdooradventure

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • im a die hard ice fishing addict 'nuff said
« Reply #66 on: Feb 18, 2018, 02:40 PM »
Agreed and thanks today is a lot slower fish are moving fast and spook easy catch one the whole school scatters
i told myself id be back by 2 i guess i didnt factor in that the fish were biting

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.