Author Topic: marcum lx1  (Read 1711 times)

Offline stealhead4749

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
marcum lx1
« on: Jan 28, 2018, 06:15 AM »
I think I have the marcum lx1. All of a sudden the entire blob that is the bottum is rotating on the screen. Has anyone had this issue

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: marcum lx1
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2018, 06:31 AM »
Battery fully charged? Gain too high? How long have you had it? You could GOOGLE problem and the results would show up. On the center front unit is the model number. Have 1 for 10 years and zero problems.
     Kim :tipup:
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2018, 06:34 AM »
How old is the battery ...have you be keeping it fully charged ?...I would lean toward the battery .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline stealhead4749

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2018, 06:40 AM »
I've had it for two years. . I charge it after every use. It just started happening yesterday evening and seems to be worse this morning. Still marks the lure and fish well. But the bottum marker is moving up to a foot at a time. Regardless where the gain  is set

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2018, 06:48 AM »
Could be the motor ..if I recall was an issue for some IS members some time back ...so when it warms up it seems better?

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=319016.msg3356653#msg3356653
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2018, 06:50 AM »
Try a different battery. I bought a Marcum camera and used that battery for my flasher. Battery was defective and I believe the flasher started doing what yours is. Sent it back and they sent a new one NC. Do a voltage check to confirm.
      Kim :tipup:
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline eastiaman18

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2018, 07:55 PM »
My lx5 did the same thing when the motor went bad

Offline pikeaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2018, 09:02 PM »
Bad motor, been there.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2018, 09:14 PM »
Bad motor. Mine and 3 of my buddies all had ours go out within the last year. We have/are all switching to humminbirds.  :-\
EYECONICFISHING

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #9 on: Jan 29, 2018, 07:50 AM »
yep the motor,when the display rocks back and fourth its shot and very annoying to stare at for any amount of time.i had 3 Marcum units go bad.2 vx1pros and a lx3tc.all warranty work so I got less than a year on each.i wont touch one if it was free.

Offline stealhead4749

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 29, 2018, 12:14 PM »
I wouldn't buy one again. I had a vex for 10 years and never had an issue of any kind. Only reason I bought this one for a couple years I didn't go on the ice and sold the vexilar. Then wanted to get back into ice fishing and only flashers the store I was at carried was marcum. So that's what I went with

Offline pikeaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 30, 2018, 08:53 AM »
I have both a Marcum LX5 and LX7, and I cannot in good conscious recommend anyone buy a brushed motor Marcum flasher. 
I have had the LX5 serviced 3 or 4 times for bad motors. They have great customer service, but needing to have it serviced twice in a season was a bit ridiculous.  It is a backup/loaner now, and has been serving me well in that regard.  However, it isn't getting used nearly as much as the LX7 has the past three years. Their digital series are flat out awesome though.  No hesitation recommending an LX7 to someone. 

Maybe the M series has resolved the motor issue???

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #12 on: Jan 30, 2018, 09:18 AM »
check that they are using their brushless motors on their repairs now. if they don't i wouldn't bother sending it in. spend the money on some thing better.

i had my humminbird ice-55 motor fry and the power knob go bad and they won't fix the power knob for what that is worth. sent it in twice for the repairs back to back and they still refused to fix it. also, the center digital display always cut out and come back on from day one and they refused to fix that too.

VERY expensive to have them act like they are going to repair their unit and take your money and then email you saying their tech can't or won't fix it. when it's all done, you're 190$ more broke and still have a messed up sonar and they are okay with that.

no thanks on the hb's. i'd take a vex over a hb in a heart beat!

Offline Flint

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 30, 2018, 05:55 PM »
I wouldn't buy one again. I had a vex for 10 years and never had an issue of any kind. Only reason I bought this one for a couple years I didn't go on the ice and sold the vexilar. Then wanted to get back into ice fishing and only flashers the store I was at carried was marcum. So that's what I went with
I sent a pm to maybe buy the lx1 as is. I would like to try to fix it myself.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.