Author Topic: Garmin 73sv power cable/cigarette lighter adapter?  (Read 638 times)

Offline CLUTCHfan

• IceShanty Rookie
Garmin 73sv power cable/cigarette lighter adapter?
« on: Dec 24, 2016, 03:56 PM »
I just bought a Garmin 73sv, and was interested in mounting it on my snowmobile to use solely as a GPS in the winter for the lake maps. (It will be on the boat when there's no ice).
Is it possible to have the power cables hooked up to a cigarette lighter adapter, and will not having a transducer hooked up to the unit affect things at all? Willing to buy a separate power cable harness, but hoping to avoid having the transducer attached when I don't need it. Still waiting on delivery, so I don't have the unit/cables in hand.

Offline Drift Dodger

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Garmin 73sv power cable/cigarette lighter adapter?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2016, 06:34 PM »
I just bought a Garmin 73sv, and was interested in mounting it on my snowmobile to use solely as a GPS in the winter for the lake maps. (It will be on the boat when there's no ice).
Is it possible to have the power cables hooked up to a cigarette lighter adapter, and will not having a transducer hooked up to the unit affect things at all? Willing to buy a separate power cable harness, but hoping to avoid having the transducer attached when I don't need it. Still waiting on delivery, so I don't have the unit/cables in hand.

I pulled my Garmin 75sv out of my boat this fall and attached a cigarette lighter plug to the power cable. I had to do my own mapping last summer, as no maps exist for most of my province's waters. Have used it in my side-by-side and pickup over the hard water for the exact purpose you mentioned. No problem without the transducer. Sure makes for a lot less hole drilling when you can get so close to the desired structure.
Garmin EchoMAP Plus 95sv, Garmin EchoMAP CHIRP 53dv, Garmin GT8HW-IF, Garmin GT10HN-IF, DeWalt DCD999B, K-Drill 7.5"

Offline CLUTCHfan

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Garmin 73sv power cable/cigarette lighter adapter?
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2016, 08:46 PM »
Awesome. Thank you. Excited to have something bigger than my phone to use out there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.