Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1641427 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #11670 on: Feb 08, 2018, 04:36 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                      It's 16* here on my hill, I think it's a calm wind here my cat went out and he usually won't go out if it's windy. ???
              We got 11 inches as of 7 pm last night, I don't think we got much more after that. ::)
                      Eddie.......I'm glad to hear your drive home was uneventful, I saw on the news that there was a few bad accidents
              on the Tappen Zee Bridge yesterday. City drivers with all wheel or 4 wheel drive think they can go as fast as they do on
              dry pavement, but it's the stopping that has them in a quagmire! :cookoo:
                      I-45......Sometimes it takes more than one visit to the chiropractor for things to get back in alignment. :whistle:
                      Capt.Jim......I hope you're feeling better. :thumbsup:
                      H2L........I'm glad you had a safe trip to the city and back.
                      I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or at play, I have some snow clean up to do today!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11671 on: Feb 08, 2018, 05:18 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

+6 heading to +14 with light winds.

IW sounds like you have a good "weather cat" I will have to get me one of those ;D Good luck with the clean up, don't over do it it's not a race :nono:

Eddie I know that empty tank feeling, some days just getting to the recliner seems like a job. Hope you and the crew have a good day Sir :thumbsup:

WW good luck to you two getting the "White Crap" put in it's place. Hope it goes well and you are back on the hunt tomorrow :thumbsup:

Yesterday I had a good time on the lake. I did see a walleye on the camera but it had no interest in my Rapala Ultra Light Rippin' Rap Jig. I have been using these the last few times out and am really getting some confidence in them. The other day on the "Meth Lake" all my crappies came on it, the pike love them, and bass suck them in with little hesitation.

Yesterday I didn't even see a northern. All the crappies and sunfish were the stunted type so that left me tinkering with the bass. I didn't catch any big ones but the one was close to 2 pounds. When all was done I caught 8 and kept 3 for the grill. We like them grilled with butter and lemon pepper, but only in the winter. They make for a lot of fun on lite tackle and make for a good fight. Like TT says they are basically a glorified carp, if you find some nice weeds in 10' and under, they just seem to float around looking for food.

Today I am heading back out. I have a nice little flat in 8' of water I want to try. Last year I caught a couple that were 19" in the same area.

Best of luck to everyone no matter what your day has in store :thumbsup: Above all stay safe!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11672 on: Feb 08, 2018, 05:22 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....glad to hear you made it home safely & MrsH2L had another good visit  :thumbsup: :clap: 

Eddie....the early out is always nice, but those early alarms can get brutal  :wacko:  :o  glad you had a safe ride also   :)

IW.....we got about the same amount here, somewhere between 10" & 12"  in about 10 hours  :-\

IFF....hope you shook that bug off  ;)

WS......good luck today, hope you land a trophy   :icefish:    :flex:

Clean up duty here today, didn't even bother trying to do anything with it yesterday. Looks like another storm heading in Friday nite with 3"-5" being forecast  ::) then some rain early next week  :blink:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11673 on: Feb 08, 2018, 06:28 AM »
Thanks everyone. Have a lot of snow to clean up in the driveway, but first I have to repair broken wire so I can get the chute up so I can throw the snow someplace. Daughters BF used it yesterday and it is all the way down so only throws snow down. What a pain. He made some pretty big piles of snow that will have to be moved. May get my nephew to push them back for me.
Eddie, 4wd is nice. I am surprised how well the AWD helps on the CRV. Wouldn't be without one or the other.

I found it very strange that the temp yesterday (car) when we left the city showed mid to upper 20's yet it was all rain. No ice pellets or sleet. Just rain, but how it froze on the car. Must have been in a small pocket of warmer air that didn't let it change over it ice or snow. Maybe it was just NYC.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11674 on: Feb 08, 2018, 06:35 AM »
UGH !!!!!!  It's snowing AGAIN  :o ::) >:(  :pinch: :wacko:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11675 on: Feb 08, 2018, 06:38 AM »
You, keep it out there...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11676 on: Feb 08, 2018, 10:01 AM »
Good day early risers, looks like we only received 3-4 inches of snow here followed by ice/freezing rain. I cleaned my car off earlier and shoveled out my parking spot had to break through ice layer to get snow off of vehicle. Relaxing for a bit then head over to the house need to put out garbage from last Saturday's clean up tomorrow is pick up day. Mealworm's brothers in snow clean up are here putting finishing touches on parking lot now that some cars are out of the way as folks have left for work.
Hunts2long glad you made it home safely long time to be on the road. Congratulations to your wife on another great report. May the snow blower repair be simple nice you have relative with plow to call for backup if needed. 
Eddie good to hear you got home from Albany safely .4wd is nice but agree with Ice Wanderer's comment to many people forget it will not help you stop and vehicle can still loose traction when changing traffic lanes or making a turn. Like I posted a few days back folks watch the TV adds and miss fine print that says closed road,Pro.driver do not drive vehicle this way. Guessing side job is on hold for the moment.
Ice Wanderer smart cat you have why leave a warm house on cold windy day. Snow banks must be making things fun at intersections with close to three feet of snow on the ground. May Mealworm and sons 2-3 get a break before anymore snow hits your part of NYS again they must be getting worn out from all the long hours of snow clean up put in recently.
Whopper Stopper may you connect with the walleyes and pike today. Enjoy the bass do they have a different diet in Winter which gives them a better taste always been told they have a very muddy/weedy taste to their flesh.
Wallyworld hopes the current snow ends quick and Lake effect has not switched on and you get buried under another foot or more of snow. Glad you have a tractor with snow blower attachment to make clean up easier for you.

A safe and good day to all. Local fire siren has gone off twice while typing this post hope they are not responding to a serious fire/fires or auto accident/accidents.  Best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11677 on: Feb 08, 2018, 05:21 PM »
Eddie I am so sorry I forgot to post this picture of Baby Ryan.

Baby Ryan-Looking good!

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11678 on: Feb 08, 2018, 07:39 PM »
Thank you for posting photo of Baby Ryan WS looks like he is having a pleasant dream in the photo. Happy to see he is doing well. I thought you had posted a fishing report from today's trip nice surprise.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11679 on: Feb 08, 2018, 10:06 PM »
Good Evening, got the rest of the chipper pile taken care of,

WW, yes sent the bug packing, feel much better now.  Had a nice supper for the girls b-day get together.  A nice video chat with my daughter, her b-day same day.

Expecting some snow moving in Saturday, haven't heard how much.

Just got news Mrs sister is in the hospital, and won't know until tests results tomorrow some time.  So will just have to wait and see what they find.

Baby Ryan looking good.

Take Care all.

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #11680 on: Feb 09, 2018, 01:28 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  TGIF!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  12* and light winds on the Hill this am, high of 27 today. Looks like some rain/freezing rain mix headed our way for the weekend with milder temps.

Bud...wtg finishing up that tree job, thoughts and prayers sent for your SIL, best wishes!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...Thank You so much for posting the picture of Baby Ryan!  Like Steve, I must say that was a quite a surprise to see this morn, awesome!   :bow:   Hope to read that nice little flat paid off for you yesterday, wish we could keep Bass here in NY in the winter. Best of luck today if heading out!   :thumbsup:
  H2...hope the snowblower was an easy fix and worked out for you.
  Steve...agree with you about the people going to fast with the 4wd's, still need to stop...slow and steady wins the race. We did the side job Tuesday after work...think the late hours caught up to me on Wednesday...lol. Any plans of fishing this weekend?
  Wally..hope the cleanup went well yesterday for you...another 3-5" today out there today? Hope the guessers are wrong!  Any plans on fishing this weekend?
  Jeff...hope you got the snow removal caught up as well yesterday. Best of luck if chasing the lakers today!

We're starting at 4 again this am, might try getting on the ice after work. My son and DIL came by last evening for dinner and told us all about there adventure trip...they had a great time, so glad they're back in the States though.
  Well, the clocks says its time to get moving....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!   :icefish:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11681 on: Feb 09, 2018, 04:13 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                           It's 10* here on my hill and the cat is out, no wind, but he'll be scratching at the window any minute! :woot:
                           Eddie......I'm glad to hear that your son and DIL are back safe on US soil and that they had a great time. :thumbsup:
                  What a cute kid Baby Ryan is and he looks as healthy as a baby should! :flex:
                           Bud......WTG on the yard clean up, just in time for some snow. :clap:
                           H2L......Did you get the blower fixed, I hate it when someone borrows something, breaks it and doesn't fix
                  it. My father always instilled in my brother and me: "If you borrow something from someone and break it, be prepared
                  to fix it or replace it" And I have stressed that to my boys! ;D
                           I got most of the snow all cleaned up all I have left is the back deck, so I'll probably get that done before the next
                  round come in. :flex: I have a hared time doing all the snow removal in one day I have to give my shoulders a rest!
                          My fishing partner Jon has been out with a real bad sore throat so I probably won't get out today.
                          I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out on the ice!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11682 on: Feb 09, 2018, 04:53 AM »
Morning all,

IFF......thoughts & prayers sent to your S-I-L, hope tests show nothing serious  ;)  glad to hear you are feeling better  :thumbsup:

Eddie.....what a handsome young man Ryan is  :clap:  good to hear your son & d-i-l are back home safe & sound  :clap:  I miss my 4wd trailblazer, after retiring I decided I didn't really need anything that big and I do love the gas mileage on my Cruze,  but when these snow storms hit  :(

WS....thanks for posting Ryan's pic  :)  good luck with those bass today  ;)

IW....hope the shoulder's not too sore this morning, that snow was pretty heavy on the end of the shovel yesterday  >:(

Got everything cleaned up yesterday, hoping the weatherman is wrong about the 4-6" forecast for tonight  :whistle:  and we sure don't need any freezing rain  :nono:

Heading for MA this morning for the weekend  :)  made a couple batches of cookies to take along

Have a good day and good weekend whatever the plans. Stay safe.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11683 on: Feb 09, 2018, 05:43 AM »
Morning all,
Hope everyone going to have a good Friday.
I've been busy house sitting(it harder than I thought). We got about 6"plus on snow and some freezing rain on top of that the other day. Wednesday I shoveled out half way,Thursday morning my son came over early and we finished it. We decided we better hit the lake because the long range forecast doesn't look good for Pa. ice. We got a late start but we where fishing by 11:30.  The fish where cooperative and the contest began. The giant gills started hitting the ice, the crappie bite wasn't there,but we did get a few in the 11" range. The wind was a little to deal with and we didn't take a shanty we fished old school sitting on a bucket with our back 's to the wind. lol  My jiffy pro 4 propane Swiss cheesed the large weed bed and what to constantly move from hole to hole to get big fish. Around 4:30 I said I've had enough. We pulled the tip ups we set for pike. And picked up our fish,my son asked me how many? I said 23, he said that's funny that's how many he had. He goes over to the last hole I was fishing to pick up the 3 gills. He says did you just catch this fish that's flopping? I tell him yea,he says it doesn't look that big,I'm going to put it back.I told him it was almost 9". Why? Well I got 23 you got 22 I win.lol  It's always fun fishing with him,even though he wouldn't admit I taught him everything he knows.  Those 45 brutes filled a five gallon bucket. Some of the most beautiful gills you could get solid 9's and few few 9.5". I've got more fish cleaning to day.
I hope everyone has a safe productive day.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11684 on: Feb 09, 2018, 06:27 AM »
1 degree this morning

WW, Safe travels. The cookies are looking good.

Thanks for sharing the picture of Baby Ryan. Don't think I look that peaceful when I am sleeping.

I need a new switch on the snow blower but I have a temp. fix on it right now. Have to get the deck done today.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11685 on: Feb 09, 2018, 06:36 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Gremlins are working overtime here so with that..................

Safe travels WW hope the cookies survive the trip ;D

Bud happy to hear you dodged the crud :thumbsup:

Slow fishing yesterday, I ended up with 2 bass both about 14". I had a big pike take a swipe at a Chubby Darter, but it missed. It looked big on the camera and I got a look at it glancing down the hole but it just kept going, dang it :%$#!:

No fishing today.

Best of luck no matter what's on the agenda :thumbsup: Above all stay safe!

Looks like this one worked :clap:

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11686 on: Feb 09, 2018, 08:03 AM »
Good morning 9:45ers ,17 blue skies with a few clouds and no wind at this time. Weather guessers calling for snow tonight into Saturday morning.
IFF good to hear tree clean up is finished. Mat test results show no serious problem for your SIL.
Eddie my sister is coming up for part of day on Saturday working on Sunday so no fishing for me this weekend. I must have lost track of days though you were doing work on hearth on Wednesday. Glad you son and DIL are safely back from their trip.
Wallyworld a safe trip to your son's have a good belated birthday celebration with your grandson. Sure the cookies will be a hit with grand children.
Ice Wanderer hope Jon get over his sore throat soon and it is not start of the flu. How many hours did Mealworm and crew log this round of sno clean up.
Captain54 nothing like a friendly contest among family enjoy the fish dinners. Tell your kids their turn to do dishes this time.
Hunts2long happy you could do a temporary repair on snow blower .
Whopper Stopper better success with the pike next trip.

Have a good Friday everyone.  best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #11687 on: Feb 09, 2018, 07:08 PM »
Good Evening, Folks

The skim ice that forms overnight usually melts off by mid afternoon, this weekend is supposed to be wet with rain

Mason - Baby Ryan is going to be one handsome man when he gets older
W.S. - Thanks for posting his picture

I.W. - Same mode of operation here, work till the body says 'enough for today'

Mrs. W.W. - Delicious looking cookies - Doesn't the Mr. have a 4 x 4?

For everyone else - I see some good reports for the dr. visits, excellent, glad to hear

Some of the fishing reports are good to hear too

Took my last pill for the up. resp. infect. today, feeling 1000% better, now if the mrs. would just suck it up and go to the dr., everything would be ok in the world, instead of
     my listening to her coughing, hacking, complaining about being sick, just do it; time to get back to work next week, can't wait, being stuck inside all week has me 'itching'
     for a different venue

I.F.F. - Hope S.I.L. does not have anything major

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Good Eats & Drinks-Get Well Soon

Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11688 on: Feb 10, 2018, 04:11 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  28* and cloudy this am, high of 41 here today with some rain/freezing rain expected. Looks like some sloppy conditions coming up for the 2nd half of the season here...like Clint Eastwood said, "improvise, adapt and overcome."  Think that just about sums up the ice fishermen/women as well as the Marines... :flex: :icefish:

Capt.Jim...glad to read the Z-pack helped and you're feeling better Sir! Best wishes to your wife....keep prodding your wife to see the Dr, best wishes to her! :thumbsup:
  Steve...so much going on here on the 9:45, I think we all lose track from time to time, lol!!  ;D. Hope you have a nice day today with your sister, maybe come across some more hidden treasures and fond memories....have a great day!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...hope the gremlins aren't an issue today, knock wood, they've been keeping their distance here lately! Too bad about the big pike, but congrats on catching a few bass anyway! Would that lake be a good place to maybe set up the spear shack again?
  H2...glad you got a temporary fix on the snowblower anyway, hope it worked out ok for you! Will be a big weekend next week with the Walleye Challenge in your neck of the woods....hope they get favorable conditions.   :thumbsup:
  Capt.54...excellent trip with your son and some beautiful bluegills caught! Enjoyed reading that, especially the ending when he took the win.....good stuff!   :clap: :roflmao: :thumbsup:
  Wally...hope you had safe travels yesterday to Mass, the roads seemed good this way East. Those cookies will surely put a smile on everyone's face...have a great weekend with the grandchildren and family!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...hope you took your time getting the rest of the snow caught up, careful with that shoulder mister, lots of ice left!   ;D.  Best wishes to Jon on a speedy recovery and you guys can get back out there soon on those lakers!   
 :thumbsup:
  Tom..haven't seen you posting in a bit, hope all is well with you Sir!   :thumbsup:

Going to get my gear ready and see if I can get on some fish this morning at my local lake...it sure has been tough, slow fishing there this season. Only a 10 minute ride, so its a cheap trip if the striped cat says hello.
  Would like to Thank You all for the wonderful comments on Baby Ryan, he's really come a long way and is doing great...will pass along to my niece. Marv, again, my Thanks for sharing the picture, that was awesome!   :thumbsup:
   Cawfee's on...time to load up some gear and hope I land on the right spot so I can share a decent report with you all later... ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11689 on: Feb 10, 2018, 05:04 AM »

Good Morning Eddie, ER's,
                       It's 24* and we had another 4" of snow over night, I guess my boys are out plowing as we speak, the wind
              isn't blowing, the cat is out! :woot: Another clean up day is in store but it should only take a couple of hours! :flex:
              It's a good thing I have a Dr.'s appointment on Monday, maybe another cortisone shot will help? ???
                       Eddie........Good luck out on the ice this morning I hope you catch your limit! :flex:
                       Marv.......Sorry to read about the pike taking a missed swipe at your darter, maybe it needs glasses! :roflmao:lol
                       Capt.54......Nice trip with the gills, they are a lot of fun to catch and good to eat! :clap:
                       Wally.........I hope you had a good ride to Mass., the grandkids must like to see you come with those cookies! :thumbsup:
                       After I get te snow cleaned up this morning, my wife and I are going to hit some of the events of the Lake George
              winter carnival. there is a snow cross being held at the Warren county fair grounds in Warrensburg. There are other events
              down at Million Dollar Beach in LG. And of course fireworks every Saturday night!
                       I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out on the ice!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11690 on: Feb 10, 2018, 05:19 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

-3 heading to +14 later today. Next week is shaping up to be a warm one with some +40's in the long range.

Eddie Good Luck to you this morning on the ice  :thumbsup: So far the gremlins are at bay but they usually like to rear their ugliness closer to the end of my post :cookoo: I can't believe I forgot to post Ryan's picture, I had it in Imgur ready to go I just hadn't finished. Next time I will do better lol

WW hope your trip went well and you are about to hear the sounds of small feet running around with lots of laughing and excitement. Hope the cough has is finally hit the road :thumbsup:

Capt.Jim glad you are getting over your Resp. infection :thumbsup: That is a miserable set back to deal with :%$#!:

IW hope your shoulder is ready to do some "hooking". Best of luck if you decide to go out today :icefish:

Tom as Eddie noted you have been quiet for the last few days. Hope all is well Sir!  :thumbsup:

Yesterday and today will be stove stuffers. The s-i-l and I were going to go out yesterday and by the time she showed up it was -10 with -20 WC and she lost her desire to go ??? This morning I have a bigger tree job to check out removing 13 spruce trees. I am not sure how big of a job or how soon the guy will want it done.

Eddie the lake I was on wouldn't be be bad for spearing, most years it is fairly clear. Probably wouldn't do it this year anymore but will certainly put it in my notes for next season.

Best of luck to all no matter what the day has in store :thumbsup: Above all else stay safe!

Good Morning IW!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11691 on: Feb 10, 2018, 05:21 AM »
Morning all,

CapJ....good to hear you're feeling better!!! Yes MrWW has 4wd truck, gets used when roads are really bad 😖

Eddie....good luck for a banner day on the ice 😉 Yep roads were all bare yesterday 👏🏻

IW.....no snow at all out here, nice to see some grass again even if it's not quite green lol
Enjoy the carnival sounds like fun!!

Good drive out yesterday, hope the freezing rain forecast for the ride home tomorrow is wrong 😡 Think it's only for our area early in the day so things should be ok by the time we get back in NY.

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Morning WS....sounds like passing on the fishing yesterday was a smart move. Better days ahead lol!!!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11692 on: Feb 10, 2018, 06:04 AM »
22* and it looks like another 3/4 inches of snow.

The snow blower is OK. Just can't put the chute down but with 3 or 4 foot banks don't need too. Got the deck cleaned off yesterday. What a pain. Will never put a big deck on again. I am getting old enough, maybe a wheelchair ramp to get the snow blower up there.

Yes, Eddie big contest next Sat. After being cancelled two years in a row because of NO ice the end of Jan. they moved it to Feb. 17. This year the end of Jan. conditions were pretty good. Safe ice just not much snow on the ice. Right now there has to be 18 inches of snow on the ice and rain on the way. It will be tough going on the ice for some. YOU CAN'T FOOL MOTHER NATURE.

WW, hope you are having fun, be safe on your return trip.

Have a good day....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11693 on: Feb 10, 2018, 07:36 AM »
Good Morning Weekenders.

Got called in to work couple hours earlier than I was scheduled for, to cover for manager  ::) and an icy ride home at closing time. ::) :cookoo:

No word on SiL  :unsure: if that might be because of having surgery or  ??? ???

See I have 13* out on the deck, Guessers say light snow all day and high of 18*  :cookoo: :cookoo: Plan for going out to Blue Mesa tourney just not in the cards.
would be a 5 hour trip with mountain passes to tangle with.  Looks like a good day to just hunker down, and watch the flames dance in the fireplace.

Haven't heard if there is any hard water to even stand on close to home.  Just a dusting so far is all I see out on the deck.  For now some think drink is in order.
Bud

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11694 on: Feb 10, 2018, 02:07 PM »
ahhhh Marv ?   This is not how to do it right ?  ::)

https://www.facebook.com/chivetv/videos/1881707862103915/
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11695 on: Feb 10, 2018, 02:40 PM »
Hahaha :woot: I could tell you a story about something like that.

Something to be said about taking a wrap.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11696 on: Feb 10, 2018, 09:50 PM »
Marv now that I would like to read LOL
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11697 on: Feb 11, 2018, 04:04 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

-2 heading toward + 20 by afternoon.

WW hope you have a safe a safe journey home and the weather cooperates for you both. Hope the coming week is filled with  :icefish:  :icefish:

Eddie looking forward in hearing how your time on the ice went. Will you be heading out again today?

Bud I will have to save my story :roflmao: Lets just say "make sure you know who is helping you hold the rope" or things like in the video can happen. :woot:

IW how was the winter carnival ? Did you stay for the fire works?

Today won't be as cold as yesterday however Wed-Thur is looking a lot warmer. Yesterday I picked up the side job but I probably should have passed on it. I am guessing it will take me 3 days once I get going on it. I have 2 other jobs that I need to do first and am hoping with the warm weather mid week I can knock a couple off.

Best of luck to everyone no matter what the day has planned :thumbsup: As always, stay safe!

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11698 on: Feb 11, 2018, 04:39 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Morning Everyone,
  32* with some drizzle at the moment, high of 37 today with some rain.

Marv..congrats on picking up some more side work, nice!!   :thumbsup:  Fishing was real slow yesterday morning for me. Tried a new area and fished from 35'-16'. Marked quite a few fish, but couldn't figure out the secret to get them to fire....left the ice at 11 with the striped kitty!   ;D
  Bud...thanks for the video, imagine that guy needed a fresh pair of drawers after that, wow!   :clap: :roflmao: :thumbsup:
  Wally..safe travels back for you and Mr.WW today, hope you had a great time with the grandchildren and family!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...hope you and your wife had a nice time at the winter carnival yesterday, weather was pretty mild! I read 2 guys went through the ice at Vets on a snowmobile, glad they made it ok!   :thumbsup:

The morning bite was way off yesterday for me. A buddy of mine called when I got home and was interested in doing an afternoon/early evening trip, so we met up at 3:00 and fished some shallow weed beds at the same lake. We did ok, 25 keeper crappies between the two of us and a handful of decent bluegills. Rain started falling about 6:30, so we gave it till 7pm before calling it quits. Funny part about it, the Solunar Tables I follow were calling for the best bite in the morning and the worst bite in the afternoon/evening....go figure.   ;D
  I'm heading back for a few hours this am, all the holes are wide open with the slush that is now taking over. Tape measured the ice yesterday, 14 1/2" of hard black ice....should last awhile yet.
   Cawfee's on....will check back in to see how you're all doing later this am!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!   :icefish:

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11699 on: Feb 11, 2018, 05:24 AM »
Good Morning ER's good luck to those venturing out on the ice today.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.