Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1614649 times)

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #12540 on: May 24, 2018, 04:53 PM »
Good Afternoon everyone, I got the call. They offered me a part time position. A foot in the door. Hope everyone had a great day and tight lines.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12541 on: May 24, 2018, 05:26 PM »
Congratulations Icefisher-45 !  :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: May the position  become full time for you in short order.
Steve

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12542 on: May 24, 2018, 08:34 PM »
Congrats IF45! Hope those who are under the weather and/or in pain get on the mend soon. Eddie, enjoy the trip! Hope you all have a great weekend! Thank you to those who served and to all who sacrificed!!  :bow: :bow: :bow:
The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12543 on: May 25, 2018, 05:11 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                             It's 59* and there is a pink sky here on my hill, it's supposed to be a nice day ahead.
                             I-45......Congratulations getting a foot in the door, what kind of work will you be doing? ???
                             Steve....I'm glad the new medications are working. :clap:
                             Wally.....Do you know how many cords you actually go through? I went through about 9 full cords this last year. ::)
                             Bud.......It seems the new store owners are working with small crews? ???
                             WS........Do you think the old boss would give you a finders fee for a tree job? ::)
                             Eddie......You in the city that never sleeps, there is so much to see. have a great time. :flex:
                             My therapy session was as usual until the last new isometric exercises, They really put the hurts to my arm and shoulder. I had
                   to ice it again last night.
                             My wife got her garden all planted, she is hoping it does better than in the past. She had nice plants but the fruits didn't fare so well.
                   She had lots of tomatoes but they never ripened.  ???
                             I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out fishing and enjoy the weekend.

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12544 on: May 25, 2018, 07:07 AM »
Off to the city again this morning. We went yesterday to take care of two graves. The wife's sister was supposed to do their parents grave but last night she backed out as she did not want to drive in the traffic. If we had known this was going to happen we would have done it when we were there yesterday. The grave we did in the same cemitary had to have the sod cut back as it had over grown the ground level stone. The one today is worse.

IW I gave up on growing a garden a few years ago because of things not growing well. I want to plant it into grass but I can not get rid of one of the weeds in the spot. I was surprised to see that my rubarbarb had gont to seed while I was turkey hunting with 4 foot tall seed stalks. Those two plants are comming out as well as they are not doing well. It looks like my blue berries did not come through the winter in good shape. Very few blossoms coming on them.

That many cords is a lot of cutting and splitting. I went through about that much at one place I lived with three step sons that never lifted a finger to help. I still need to get some wood cut up and split for the other place for nextyeas deer hunting. It was cut down before the sap came up so it will dry good over the summer in the sun on the powerline.

IF 45 I hope the job turns into a full time position for you. There are a lot of Help Wanted signs at places around here but they are low paying jobs. One Mac D's signs says $11.50 but in small letters it says UP TOO.

IFF It sounds like Camper World needs to wake up if they think they can operate with a small crew of employees. Can't they find people to work for them?

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12545 on: May 25, 2018, 07:24 AM »
Good Morning ER's

Fisher-45  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Here is to a good Weekend for everyone  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TT seems all retail stores try to get by with as many part timers as possible

good day to all....gotta hit the ditch.
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12546 on: May 25, 2018, 08:33 AM »
Good morning everyone, looks like it’s going to be a warm day today. Make sure you drink lots of water and keep hydrated. Hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12547 on: May 25, 2018, 12:04 PM »
Afternoon all,

Tried posting this morning......lost in cyberspace somewhere  >:( :wacko:

IF45.....congrats on the job, hope it turns into full time quickly  :clap:

IW.......we usually put in 20 face cord a year and have a couple left over at the end of the season  ;)

WS.....keep on eye on your back at the shack, don't need any bears sneaking up behind you  :woot:

Mowed the lawn this morning, putting work aside for the afternoon and finally getting the bike out  :thumbsup:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12548 on: May 26, 2018, 04:45 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Jeff, Well here it is Memorial Weekend, as the Store Manager would enjoy some time off our entire crew have the 3 days off.  So now is my chance to take a co-worker fishing.  Her husband doesn't fish at all, so will be heading to a wakeless boat lake.  Sure has warmed up hit 94 yesterday, and just night top that today.  Hope I can put her on some fish, haven't been on this lake at all this year.

We put a real dent in improving the Camping world store's the last couple days. Still no word on if, this coming week we will be returning to the 2 CW stores in our area.  Now hoping we don't get a surprise and have trucks arriving at ours Monday.

A salute to our Military past, and present, we are not forgetting you this holiday is for you.

hope everyone's plans for the weekend go as planned.

time to pack my cooler

Have a good one.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12549 on: May 26, 2018, 04:57 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                     It's 66* and partly cloudy here on my hill. Yesterday was was nice, i mowed the lawn for the second time this week, then watered everything.
                     Wally........We're close to the same amount of wood, I'd burn less if my my wife understood the aspect of heating a house. You can't turn the
              thermostat down to 62* at night and then turn it up to 73* in the morning without using more fuel? ::)
                     Tom..........I met my wife 5 years ago and after almost a year she moved here from Vt. she said she wanted a garden, so I made one for her.
              I told her that if I wanted a garden I would have had one long before I met her. But I like to accommodate so I made a garden area for her. It seems
              I put a lot of work in something that I don't really care having!  :blink:
                     Bud........You're right, it seems that no company wants full timers any more, but they expect loyalty from the employees?
                     WS.........I hope you had a good trip to "The Shack".
                     Eddie......We haven't heard from you since you went to Vegas, did you get lost? :roflmao: :woot:
                     I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or at play.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12550 on: May 26, 2018, 05:28 AM »
Morning all,

IFF......enjoy your 3 day weekend  :thumbsup:  good luck on the water today  :)  don't forget the sunscreen  ;)

IW.....I used to have our thermostat in the living area (we have 2 zones) set to drop down at night and back up in the morning but like you said, it takes too much wood that way  :-\  now my living area thermostat stays set at 68*, the bedrooms stay set at 63* ;) 

WS.....hope you're staying cool  @)  seems just a few weeks ago we were talking about the snow & cold, now it's the heat & humidity  :cookoo:

Eddie.....hope you're having a blast  ;)2  drop a quarter in the slot for me please  ;D

MrC.....hope you're continuing to feel better day by day  :) 

Another day forecast to be upper 80s today, saw 87* yesterday  :o  might have to call off working for the afternoon again  :woot: 

Have a great weekend whatever you have planned. Stay safe & take a few minutes to remember those that have given so much for all of us  :bow: :bow:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12551 on: May 26, 2018, 05:59 AM »
Good morning everyone. Looks like the post I made yesterday went off into never-never land.
It has been pretty warm. Got up to 86 yesterday afternoon. This will bring out the bugs, it has already brought out those other "insects" that show up for the summer. Lots of traffic on the roads, the boat launch was very busy and the Ice Cream Shop is open. It must be summer.

Picked up my new wheels yesterday. Traded the 14 year old pick-up for a 2019 Jeep Cherokee. I just have to figure out how to set everything up. Other than the steering wheel, it is a computer. Or is it that I am getting older.

Eddie, I hope you are having a great time.

Daughter woke us up about midnight, NO water. Went down to check water pump, I run it though a couple cycles OK. I think the switch may be going. It is working this morning.

Have a great weekend....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12552 on: May 26, 2018, 06:06 AM »
H2L......congrats on the new ride  :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12553 on: May 26, 2018, 06:22 AM »
Good morning everyone, Looks like it’s going to be a hot one today. I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12554 on: May 26, 2018, 06:39 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:
Having a time with my phone this morning.

I found a good spot for a bear stand,  a little digging and I am out of here.

62 wood ticks yesterday, have a feeling another batch to come. The mosquito's are plum nuts.

It's hot and humid, 90 makes for a restless night.

Hope you all enjoy the weekend. Stay safe.

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12555 on: May 26, 2018, 06:52 AM »
The trip to the cemetery was an easy one yesterday compared to the day before. The sod was a lot easier to cut as there was no clover around this stone. I cut the sod back a couple of inches around the marble so it will not need to be done again for years. We will go decorate earlier next year so we will not have to deal with her sisters.

Our local conservation officer stopped at the house to drop off a nuisance permit for one of our lake members to trap the many muskrats that have decimated some of our parks by undermining the shore line. The Assn board thought that it was going to cost to much money to get the permit and having to hire a professional trapper. The wife got the permit with no cost to us and the guy is going to do it for free.

Nothing planed for the week end other than trying to make sure those using the launch are legal to go on the lake. Sue has gotten a few volunteers to man the launch but the board members are to busy to help out. She told the secretary that this will be her last year to handle all of the stuff she has been doing free for years. Finally!!! When some one a has a question they come to her as the board is too busy doing nothing to answer a question.

IFF Part time workers are a big money maker for the stores as they do not give them any benefits. The problem with no benefits they will not get the dedication to the job they get out of full time workers.

H2L the well troll might just need the points filled a little bit with a fine nail file as they might be sticking. Just make sure the power is off so you don't end up with a shocking experience. ;D

WW When my brother was living in AK they learned that it cost them more money to get their church back up to temperature if they turned the thermostat down very far when it was not being used.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12556 on: May 26, 2018, 07:11 AM »
Thanks WW. Over the years I have owned 10/11 Jeeps. They have been very good to me. It seemed like having a pick-up, there was always work related to it. Move this, move that...lol

I don't think it is a switch issue. More like a pressure issue. It shuts off fine, just won't start at times...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12557 on: May 26, 2018, 03:31 PM »
Just want to say Thank You to All who have served..... :bow: :bow:   
And I hope everyone else also has a great weekend.
Busy time and it was hot in the greenhouses today.
Got home and at least someone is enjoying the heat.... ::) ::)

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12558 on: May 26, 2018, 09:56 PM »
I tried posting earlier been having lots of problems with computer gremlins lately. Hope all of you are having a great holiday weekend so far.Another Summer like day here temperature reached ninety.
Raquettedacker your green houses must be sweet boxes with the sudden high temperatures. Your tortoise looks happy to be out in the warmer weather.
Hunts2long may you get many years of good service from your new Jeep. May your water pump survive the weekend.
Icefisher-45/Deerefishyfishy you and your families have a great holiday weekend.
Whopper stopper glad you have found a spot for your bear stand. Sounds like a bad year for ticks in your area.May you have better sleeping weather tonight if your still at the "Shack" .
Tom Turkey happy to read your wife is finally passing on her lake assoc. work sad that most organizations only have a few members doing majority of the work.Glad you finished clean and decorating of family grave sites.
Wallyworld how was the bike ride sure you had lots of company on the roadways. Thank you for the well wishes looking at my SUV I see some type of pollen might give my problems nice yellow coating on windshield and hood.
Ice Wanderer may your wife's garden produce a good yield this year. Hope the icing helped your shoulder and arm.
IFF enjoy your weekend free from work. Hope you and your coworker had a good fishing trip. I agree part time employees now make up majority of retail workers.
Eddie assume your having a great vacation and problems with your phone have prevented any posts.

A safe and good remainder of this holiday weekend to all. Best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12559 on: May 27, 2018, 05:22 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 61* and very cloudy here on my hill, rain is in the forecast. It did not rain at all yesterday, my neighbors party went on grest! :flex: :thumbsup:
                         Tom.......What you are experiencing with your pressure switch is common and can be fixed easily. There is a small hole where the water
                 pushes a diaphragm to make the pressure switch close and open. Some times that hole get plugged with minerals. When the pressure gets to
                 cut in pressure the plugged hole won't let the pressure release and switch close. The fix is shut off the power drain the system take the pressure
                 off, the on the bottom you will see some screws unscrew the plate remove the plate and diaphragm, the clean the hole out and all the area
                 you see. Put back together and you should be good to go. Or you could spend the $30 for a new switch! ::)
                         Steve?Wally.....It seems Gremlins have been running wild in everyone's computer. :cookoo:
                         Marv..........That a lot of Ticks :%$#!: I hope you find all of them before they dig in! ::)
                         I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or at play!

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12560 on: May 27, 2018, 07:16 AM »
It is sad that the road past the Cemetery at the Grand Rapids Veterans Home is closed this year. A huge bunch of scouts and other young people had placed 3,000 flags on the graves again this year. It is sight to see all of the flags in the cemetery and all of the other ones honoring our Veterans

I got woke up a little early this morning. It was my son from the woods telling me that he finally got his turkey. He had found the group of toms on a piece of property that he could hunt. They were still gobbling after he got back to his truck. I told him it was his job to roast the Thanksgiving wild turkey this year.

IW I have never had trouble with a pressure switch. I have lived with wells for over 50 years. If any of the controls go bad on my present well I will have to hire some one to fix it as they are under the double wide and I can not crawl over there to do any thing.

Things went pretty good at the launch yesterday other than one jerk getting nasty with the hired security guard. Sue went down and straightened him out. When I went down to put a lock on the pop up that we have for shade so no one could steal it I found the gate open. When I went to lock it I noticed some one had backed into the post that holds one of the sides open twisting it out of alignment. Hopefully they damaged their boat in the process. I wonder who's job the parks manager will think is there job to fix it. Just like he thinks it is the dock users job to fix the muskrat damage to the shore line of the parks.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12561 on: May 27, 2018, 08:03 AM »
Good Sunday Morning, Got to the wakeless boat lake, nice and calm, quiet, not many boats out.  Found the reason for that was no one was catching anything.Water temp at 61.7, Water level was up to full, water in the brush and cattails, Fished 7:30 to 10:30 and said, we are out of here, Boat inspector said only one boat managed one trout.  So off we go,  to what I really know, my home lake, even though it would be really, really busy, Jet skies, water skiers and all.

I got the co-worker on to HUGE numbers of walleyes, Doesn't take long for the numbers to add up when you have back, to back, to back doubles.  She caught her first ever walleye, and excitedly posted pictures on her FB web page, to which some of her cousins, were doing double takes, thinking she was posting old pictures of her fishing with her Dad.  She has more than once said I reminder her of her "Daddy".  Anyway it sure made her day.

Marv, you can have the ticks and mosquito's, no thank you.

H2L, hope the new Jeep serves you well.

Can't help but think of the oh so many of our fallen, including an older brother.

Here is to more good days to come

Everyone take care.

Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12562 on: May 27, 2018, 08:35 AM »
Good morning everyone, suppose to be a rainy day. Hunts2long congratulations on your new ride. Iff nice you had a great day on the water. Hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12563 on: May 27, 2018, 02:00 PM »
Good day everyone cloudy and periods of rain today skies still overcast with light winds think I will see more rain before the day is done.
Ice Wanderer I had breakfast with a friend this morning he uses same internet service provider claims his computer runs fine so guess I need to call for service if problems persist.
Tom Turkey congratulations to your son on the turkey. Glad you did not have many problems at the dock.
IFF happy you were able to get coworker onto the walleyes. Think you have found a new fishing partner.

Have a good evening folks.
Steve

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12564 on: May 27, 2018, 04:00 PM »
I thought I better post now as I am leaving early in the morning to hunt on Tuesday morning. Hopefully the rest of the at bunch of turkeys is still where they were this morning. I am going to load up some stuff to bring back for the yard sale we are having next week end along with my tiller and some other stuff to get the old garden spot ready to plant to grass in the fall.

I guess I better put tick spray on my hunting clothes seeing WS is over run with them. We do not have that many ticks but I was woke up in the middle f the night last year crawling in my hair. I have my thermocell in my turkey vest to keep the skeeters away while I am hunting.

Every one have a Great Memorial Day tomorrow. Do not forget to have a moment of silence for our deceased veterans.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12565 on: May 28, 2018, 04:37 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                             Happy Memorial Day
                             It's 50* and it just stopped raining here on my hill, it looks very dreary out this morning. :whistle:
                             Bud........Nice looking fish the 2 of you got. :clap: :clap: :clap:
                             Steve.....It might be a virus in your computer, when was the last time it was in for a cleaning. :blink:
                             Tom.......Good luck with the turkey hunting. :flex:
                             WS........Boy those crown Royal and Cherry Coke go down smooth, too smooth. :roflmao: :clap: :thumbsup:
                             I hope everyone has a good Memorial Day!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12566 on: May 28, 2018, 06:12 AM »
Morning all,

IFF......great job putting your friend on some fish congrats  :thumbsup:

TT.....congrats to your son and good luck to you on bagging a bird  ;)2

IW.....does "cherry coke" help ease shoulder pain  ??? :woot:

WS....hope you survived the ticks, skeeters and heat ok  ;D 

MrC....hope you're done with the antibiotics and both your chest and backside are feeling much better  ;)2 :whistle:

Eddie....fingers crossed you hit the jackpot  :)  safe travels home  ;)

IF45.....when do you start the new job  ???

Finally got our wood finished up yesterday  :clap: :flex:  not much happening today, MrWW has a couple parades he's marching in this morning, maybe a bike ride later if it clears up  @)

Thank you to all the men and women that have served this country past and present, the sacrifices you and your families made will never be forgotten  :bow: :bow: :bow:

Have a good day whatever's on the agenda. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12567 on: May 28, 2018, 06:35 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Jeff, that lake the walleyes have to be 18" or over, to be legal.  the daily limit is 3 fish, only one of which can be over 21". The one I was holding was just over 18", which is the limit on that water, think the one she was holding was a 16.  We lost count around 22 fish to the boat. over half were at 17".  What made the trip to that lakes was having back to back doubles on, more than once, over the 3 hours we were on the fish that were at a depth of 14 to 15 feet of water.  Any more or less we got nothing.  We were fishing bottom bouncers, slow death hooks with a piece of night crawler, at 1.1 to 1.4 mph the area was about 150 feet by about 50 feet wide, out side of that spot. not a fish to be had.

Just put my flag out.

Going to hit the bicycle for a bit than kick back and take the rest of the day easy.

Good day all.

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12568 on: May 28, 2018, 07:04 AM »
Good Morning Everyone  :bow:

Another day of heat with today reaching mid 90's. I was up early getting all my trees and all the flowers watered. My tomato plants are going nuts, you can see them stretching daily.

Eddie I sure hope you kept notes of the trip :clap: Looking forward to reading all about it.

TT Best of luck finding the turkeys tomorrow. I hope you don't run into the ticks I did :cookoo:

WW glad to hear the wood is finished :clap: It's one of those jobs that gives you a smile (kind of) as you crack the last one. Good luck to you if hitting the lakes in the coming week :thumbsup:

IW glad you enjoyed the Royal Cherry Cokes :clap: It took me a few drinks to get used to it but YES, they are smooth.

mr.clean I hope you get your computer back to being problem free. Are you going to spend the day with your sister or will this be a work day for you?

Not much going on here today. The last couple have been busy enough with odds and ends. It sounds like a good shot at some storms tomorrow into Wednesday, at least now I can just worry about my own trees.

As WW said in her post......"Thank you to all the men and women that have served this country past and present, the sacrifices you and your families made will never be forgotten"

Couldn't have said it better.

Safe travels to everyone :thumbsup: As always stay safe!

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12569 on: May 28, 2018, 05:24 PM »
Good afternoon everyone, weather hasn’t been to bad today, wallyworld have to turn paperwork in and they have to do a cori check and drug test. Hopefully will start soon. Hope everyone is having a great day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.