Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607351 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #11730 on: Feb 14, 2018, 04:10 PM »
Thoughts and prayers to all involved as the Florida nightmare unfolds.

Can't begin to comprehend  :cookoo:

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11731 on: Feb 14, 2018, 05:34 PM »
Good evening ditto your comments Whopper Stopper.

Ryan Tawfig ,UFCreel makes occasional posts to this thread for a faster response to your question suggest you use personal message feature here on Ice Shanty.

Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11732 on: Feb 15, 2018, 04:30 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                     It's 32* here on my hill, no wind the cat is out patrolling our property!
                     May prayers go out to the families in Parkland, Fl. It's a terrible thing that has happened.
                     Bud......I hope you're taking care of yourself, if you have the flu get to your doctor for Tamiflu! Get better sir. :flex:
                     Wally.....Did you get out yesterday? ???
                     Steve.....I hope the young fellow that bought your extra gear gets good use out of it. Good job. :clap:
                     Yesterday was a decent day fishing for me. I landed 7 Lakers and Jon got only one. Jon was still feeling like a
              rung out dish rag and only fished till 11 am, while I stayed till 1 pm. I kept one, every hook up that I had got to the ice
              not like Tuesday.
                     I hope everyone has a good day either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11733 on: Feb 15, 2018, 05:19 AM »
Morning all,

Thoughts and prayers to all involved in yesterday's shooting in FL  :'( :'( 

IFF....hope you're feeling better, can't imagine struggling thru work feeling like you do  :flex: :blink:

IW....great job on the lakers, way to stick with it  :clap: :bow:

WS.....how goes the side jobs  ???  hope the weather has been favorable

Eddie.....did the flowers & candy work  ???

Made it out yesterday.....very little to show for it  :(  some small perch and a couple short eyes  ::)  marked lots of fish but couldn't get them to bite  >:(  might try a different spot today, not sure about the rain forecast

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11734 on: Feb 15, 2018, 06:15 AM »
Good Morning IW,WW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

We hit 42 yesterday with sunshine, made for a messy afternoon.

WW best of luck if heading out today :thumbsup: Hope you can turn the bite around.

I feel like yesterday was a good one if my sore muscles are an indication. I had a job lined up to do and then the guy asked if I could postpone for a week ???  I was able to get a hold of a different person and was able to get that job done. Today I have a bigger oak to knock down which other than needing to climb it, shouldn't be real difficult.

It sounds like we are heading back into the single digits for the weekend with snow rolling in Sunday night into rush hour Monday. Hope they blow it and it slides North.

Best wishes for an excellent Thursday no matter what's on the agenda :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11735 on: Feb 15, 2018, 06:34 AM »
Good morning IW,WW,WS, and all the 9;45 regulars. Couldy skies this morning already at 40 degrees forecast to get near sixty later today. I will have to put on the news to get latest update on shooting in Florida also believe there was some type of incident at national Home Land Security office.
Ice Wanderer congrats on a successful day at Lake George. The young man is former student of an Ice shanty member who introduce him to the sport earlier this season.
Wallyworld may you bring more walleyes onto the ice today.
Whopper Stopper always something glad you had other side jobs lined up. may all go well with the oak tree .
IFF hope you are feeling better today .

I will check back later to see who else posts.  Have a safe and good day.
Steve

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11736 on: Feb 15, 2018, 07:52 AM »
Good morning all.
 Well the fat lady is singing here in  Western Pennsylvania. My son and I crammed a lot of fishing in  going 5 days out of 8. The last two trips, Monday was a tough day. We punched a ton of holes and at the end of the day only had 29 quality crappie and gills. Son won the fishing derby but the old man had some exceptional nice crappie. We also set two tip ups for pike outside the weed bed. About 2 o'clock we get a flag,son takes it and I the gaff man. Turns out to be a decent 38" fish. First pike in a couple years ( no ice) I had to go on YouTube and refresh my memory as to how to fillet a pike. Fished Tuesday and had better results,the party turned into 5 fishermen. Starting in the same place. Not many fish there but very nice quality. My son decided to make a 200 yard move to a large beaver hut. It was a good move and 3 of the 5 guys fished there. I'm stubborn and stayed in the weeds. They did well and each of them kept 20 some apiece. I had 3 holes within 12' that where hot,I ended up with somewhere in the 30 plus fish range. My old friend and I fished the weeds and he was having fits,he ended up with only 8 fish. I gave him 16 of mine so he could have two good fries. We ended with 39  fish and didn't really have contest. lol. I put 8 more bags of Panfish in the freezer and quite frankly sick of fish cleaning. I made one pound of venison snack sticks with cheddar cheese ,and one pound with jalapeno and cheese. There wasn't any left at the end of the day. lol   Well with lent starting a lot of the stock piled fish will get eaten,plus it's time for my Lenten diet. lol I pretty sure where done here for fishing high temps and big rain coming into the area. I fear late ice more than early,you just don't know how it melts. I m 65 and been on the ice for 57 years,went in plenty but never over my waist,always coming off the ice on one of those ( one more days). I'm not going to test my Striker suit,I'll be fishing for perch in a boat in a few weeks. Hope everyone stays safe and has a good day.

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #11737 on: Feb 15, 2018, 08:38 AM »
Morning, All

Cloudy, no wind, going to hit 60*

I see fishing is good for all doing it, congrats.

The wife just out & out refuses to go to the Dr., so I let her be sick, told her to stop complaining about it, or go to the Dr. for a shot, 'You can lead the horse to water, you can't
     make it drink'

Playing catch up with work, very far behind, let's see how this goes

Stay Safe-Be Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Good Eats & Drinks-Get Well Soon

Condolences to Florida victims, NSA in Virginia
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11738 on: Feb 15, 2018, 10:10 AM »
Really slow getting moving today. The driving yesterday was uneventful except that my diver side mirror fell off. I was lost driving home and then up to have a walleye dinner last night with out it. Luckily I was able to find a replacement glass when we were up for dinner. I installed it in the parking lot at the parts store. They wanted $40 at the local parts store but the guy suggested, under his breath, where to go to get one cheaper. Only came to $17 there. and it was in stock.

Nothing rushing today so plan on taking it easy. Last warm day then back to cold. Hopefully the snow goes down on the lake so i can get out on the ice after the slush freezes up.

Capt-jim. My wife is the same way. I just let here complaints go in ear and out the other as she will not got to the Dr. to find a fix.

WS I hope your snow goes way north. You do not need to share it with me.

The wife is making a 50th anniversary cake for a couple at the senior center. He is the one that has been a pain in my side so I am not going to the center other than to deliver the cake. I can not understand how they have stayed together for 50 years.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11739 on: Feb 15, 2018, 05:35 PM »
What a beautiful day to be on the ice, sunny no wind 50+*   :clap:   too bad the fish were apparently hanging out somewhere else  :(   1 tiny perch was all we found  ::) 

Hope everyone had a good day at work or play.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11740 on: Feb 15, 2018, 10:56 PM »
Thanks Steve, feeling a lot better.  We went to Mrs Grandson's graduation from cub to boy scouts, Mrs took a news paper clipping of her Dad, that was the founding Scout Master for a  boy scout troop, dated 1932, it was published 75 years after the the troop was started noting that it was still going strong.  Her dad was in the Scouts his entire life,  She is very proud that her Grandson is following his Great Great Grand Fathers foot steps.

Looks like I will be dealing with snow in the morning, hope being out in it doesn't cause a re-lap to my cold.

Take care all
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #11741 on: Feb 16, 2018, 03:32 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Thoughts and prayers sent to all those affected in the Florida high school shooting...so so sad.

Windy and 42*, that will be the high here as temps will continuing falling throughout the day. No Internet connection yesterday morning..looks like the gremlins were giving Marv a break and swung by here to say hello.
  Very late on the rise this am, so will have to keep this one short and catch up to you all this afternoon...have been having some Crappie afternoons... ;D
  Jeff...great pictures, thanks for sharing....best of luck to you and the boys if heading back out today! :clap: :thumbsup:

Cawfee's on gang...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11742 on: Feb 16, 2018, 03:35 AM »
Eddie TGIF ?  Guess I spoke to soon, runny noise showed back up. :%$#!:

back to the liquids for now.
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11743 on: Feb 16, 2018, 05:19 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, Bud! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

0 degrees heading to 20 by afternoon.

Continued success with the crappies Eddie  :thumbsup: Hope you have a good wrap to the week Sir!

Bud, I sure hope you can send the grip packing, take care :thumbsup:

WW, sorry to hear the fishing was slow, it still sounded like a good time on the ice :thumbsup:

I have a few things to get ready then I am off to another side job that I picked up yesterday. The last couple of days have been pretty good with everything going very well. I wanted to start my 3 day job next week but Monday and Tuesday sounds like snow and ice moving in, I will have to see how much we get.

Yesterday I found out that after 9 years I finally was selected for a Wisconsin bear tag. I had bought preference points for 8 years and missed one in between because I had forgot about it. Wisconsin rotates every year with baiters and houndsmen taking turns. This year the bait people are first so I decided to try for the hunt license. The season starts Sept 5 and goes for a few weeks. Iam going to concentrate on the first week. Now I have to decide what to use on Yogi.

Hope you all have an excellent day no matter what's on the planner :thumbsup: Above all stay safe!

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11744 on: Feb 16, 2018, 05:27 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Bud, ER's,
                                  It's 40* here on my hill and the cat just came in from the dark, must not be windy! ::)
                                  Bud........I'm sorry to hear that the crud bug is back, hope you get better soon. :flex:
                                  Eddie......Not hitting the ice today, my wife is heading to her sons for the weekend and then to
                         her mother's on Monday for a couple of days, and she needs some help getting ready. ::)
                                  Wally.......The fish new it was too nice on top of the ice so they wanted to stay below. :blink:
                                  Marv.........Could you please send that single digit weather this way, we need to tighten our ice up
                         again.  :roflmao:
                                  I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or on the slushy hardwater!
                                  I see Marv posted while I was typing, Good morning Marv!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11745 on: Feb 16, 2018, 05:41 AM »
Morning all,

WS......congrats on the bear tag  :thumbsup: :clap:  hope today's job is problem free  ;)

IFF.....MrsIFF has good reason to be proud  :clap: :bow:  sorry to hear the bug hasn't been squashed yet  :blink:  get some rest and oj sir  :)

Eddie.....glad to hear you're getting on the crappies  :icefish: :thumbsup:  been a couple great days to be out   @) 

CapJ......hope you can get caught up on work, but don't overdo it  :nono: 

Cap54.....sounds like you & your son have been busy  :woot: you're right about late ice, spooky  :o

IF45......hope things are going ok for you  :)

IW....think you're right about the fish, no one we talked to was doing anything either  >:(  they all said "we killed em yesterday"  :wacko:  safe travels to MrsIW

MrC.....did you manage to shake the bug  ???

TT......nice of the parts store guy to point you in the right direction instead of just ringing the mirror up  :clap: the 50 year couple probably just ignore each other, as you said.....in one ear out the other  :roflmao:

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11746 on: Feb 16, 2018, 07:41 AM »
IFF
I was an assistant boy scout leader for a few years. I now see that girls are now allowed in the boy scouts. Maybe these girls can teach the guys on Saginaw bay and Lake St. Claire how to tie things down after they get there knot tying badges when they are traveling these two places on the ice. there are constant posts on another site about lost stuff. The do not even have enough common sense to put their names on anything. I do not remember if there is a merit badge for common sense in Boy Scouts. 

Eddie I wondered why you hadn't posted yet when I was up early this morning and checked IS. Hope the extra shut eye makes for better fishing this week end.

WS They are guessing for +50 for the first of next week. I talked to the guy that lets me cross his vacant waterfront lots to get on the lake yesterday. He said there was 14 inches of ice but the fishing has been slow.

Michigan has a preference point system too. I have over 10 and I still can not draw to hunt local. I could draw for the UP with just a few points but I am to old to do all of the traveling to bait and then back to hunt. It is a free for all here bait hunters and dog hunters at the same time. I think the dog hunters w know where the bait is at and run the bear that are using the bait. I used fryer grease for a base when I used to hunt the UP. The use of chocolate is banned here as it is supposed to be fatal to the cubs. My old hunting partner hung a rag soaked in anise high up in a balsam fir tree one day as an attractant. The next day the tree had been destroyed by a bear.

ww It was a releif to have that mirror back as I never realized how much I used it. Now it I couold get a replacement for the right hand one that was real life instead of the the idiot one they put on there. I was traveiling the ohio turnpike one time when a trucker came on the CB complaning about getting cut off by passing cars. I got on and told him to just whack the passing cars passengers side mirrors and it would stop. He laughingly got back on and said I was probably right. I had my neices brother cut a regualr piece of mirror to replace that mirror on that trip.

Please excuse any misspelling in the reply to ww as spell check quit working after working through the rest of this post. It is back working now.  ::) When I put  ::) in it showed all of the mispelled words in the ww post. I am just going to leave them to show how bad a typer and speller I really am. GRRRRRR!!!!!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #11747 on: Feb 17, 2018, 03:51 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  23* and light wind this am, high of 34 here today. Extended forecast now showing low 60's with rain for Monday-Tuesday...thought my peepers were playing games on me, yikes!

H2...Best of luck to you and your crew with the Walleye Challenge!! Will be looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:   :icefish:
  Tom..glad the side view mirror fix worked out for you, glad the guy at the parts store steered you in the right direction saving you some cash as well, good man!  :thumbsup:     How many preference points do you need to draw a local bear tag?
  Wally...may better luck be with you and Mr.WW next trip out on Oneida, sure was nice weather to be out there!  :thumbsup:  Funny thing about that guy we offered the earplugs to...he just stood there for a second thinking about it, gurning might be the right word to describe his facial expression.   :roflmao:
  Jeff..hope your wife had safe travels yesterday. Agree on the colder weather, my eyes almost popped out seeing that forecast this morning, dang! Best of luck if hitting the ice today!  Otsego is just over an hour drive from here.
  Marv...big congrats on drawing a bear tag, long time coming, that's awesome!!   :clap: :bow: :thumbsup:  Hope your side job went well yesterday...any plans on fishing this weekend?
  Bud..congratulations to your grandson on his graduation from CubScouts to Boy Scouts...great organizations!!   :clap: :thumbsup:  Have any of your local waters locked back up?
  CaptJ...how was your work week, hope you got caught back up on your tile job!   :thumbsup:
  Capt.54...congrats to both you and your son on your fishing trips, wtg!!  :clap: :thumbsup:

Did fairly well during the week on a few afternoon trips for crappies. Didn't land any big slabs, but there were plenty of keeper size fish willing to bite and the mild temperatures were hard to beat. The icing on the cake was seeing the eagles each afternoon.
  Had one come in about 40' from my sled and try to snatch a pickerel off the ice someone left. He dropped it, did a 180 and came back landing on it....got a decent picture of that plus the two of them sitting together in one of their favorite trees.
  Going to stay local and fish with a buddy today, plans are to hit two lakes...might possibly do a night trip tonight.
  Found out yesterday we have Monday off for Presidents Day...warm weather and rain...just my luck!   ;D
  Cawfee's on gang...time to get some gear ready!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!    :icefish:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11748 on: Feb 17, 2018, 04:06 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                       It's 14* and clear on my hill and my cat has been out for an hour or so. Must be a lot of mice running around
              from the mild day we had yesterday! ???
                       Tom........Must have been those nasty Gremlins messing with you spell check? ::) I'm glad you got your mirror
              replaced before the drive home. :flex:
                       Wally.......Today looks like it will be nice out on the ice, are you and Mr. WW headed out? :thumbsup:
                       Bud.........I've found the older I get the harder it is to shake a cold! I hope your better. :flex:
                       Capt.54....Late ice can go quickly, watch yourselves if you're venturing out again! :whistle:
                       Yesterday after my wife left I took a ride to our favorite Crappie lake to see how much snow was on the ice.
              When I got there I was surprised to find only 6" of snow, so we are going to plan a night trip soon! :thumbsup:
                       I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out fishing!
                       I see Eddie posted as I typed, good morning sir, have a good day out fishing!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11749 on: Feb 17, 2018, 04:20 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

25 heading to 30 today. The weather guessers don't even get their guesses straight right anymore ??? It looks like there is a chance for a couple inches of snow Monday night into Tuesday, other than that the temps are now going to stay pretty average.

Best of luck hitting the ice Eddie :thumbsup: Hope the crappies treat you well Sir!

IW hope your wife had a good trip :thumbsup: Did you cat go out today?

WW hope you are able to enjoy the day doing something fun :icefish: Take care!

Bud hope you are feeling better today :thumbsup:

I have been elected to accompany the wife to pick out glasses frames today ??? I have no doubt where this day is headed and I have no way of doing anything about it :blink: It's funny how now, even a day of playing board games would be inviting, nuff said :whistle:

Good Morning IW!

Best of luck to everyone hitting the ice :thumbsup: Stay safe no matter where your day brings you!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11750 on: Feb 17, 2018, 05:46 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....best wishes on a good outcome today  :roflmao:  might want to see if you can enlist one of the workers to help with a second opinion  ;)2 

Eddie.....enjoy the day, hope your winning streak holds up  :icefish:  :flex:

IW....the weekend looks good to get out, not so much starting Monday with the rain & big warm up  :'( :wacko:

TT.....those wacky side mirrors never made any sense to me either  :blink: :cookoo: 

Went to a boat show yesterday just to walk around....... :o :o :o  sure are some beauties out there, along with some scary price tags  :blink:  not sure what kind of job you need to put one of them in your garage  ;D  bigger question is.....how the heck do you fish out of them  ??? :roflmao:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11751 on: Feb 17, 2018, 06:29 AM »
Good Saturday morning everyone, cool down today after being over fifty yesterday morning believe weather guessers calling for 1 to 3 inches of snow tonight into Sunday morning. Taking a break from house cleaning today going to indulge in another of my passions and attend lacrosse game at Marist college .
Captain 54 congratulations on all the fish season maybe coming to an end here also with temperatures forecast to reach mid sixties on Wednesday and Thursday of coming week night time lows to stay above freezing.
Capt.JIM hope your work week went weel after coming back from illness. May your wife get better soon do not know if this is true in NJ but here in NY pharmacy's give flu shots so no trip to doctor.
IFF hope you shake bug soon,any news on SIL . Congratulations to your grandson on being promoted to rank of Boy Scout . Your wife should frame newspaper clipping and give to grandson.
Wallyworld I'm doing better still sneezing a lot and runny nose at times. Always fun to check out latest models of boats agree prices are crazy who would have thought one day folks would pay for a car/boat what a house cost back in the 1960's -70's .
Eddie glad to hear your after work trips yielded fish. Best to your friend and you on today's trip.
Whooper Stopper good to read side jobs are going well so far. Congratulations on being selected for bear tag. Going by outdoor shows I've watched suggest some bakery items coated with honey for your bait . You might be able to cut deal with local bakery to purchase old doughnuts at discount.
Ice Wanderer hope your wife had safe journey to VT. May weather cooperate and you get the night trip for crappies in before season comes to end. Probably still to cold up your way but keep a watch on cat as things warm up in coming weeks. Story on local radio station about couple who run dog walking business loosing one of their personal dogs after coming across bear while out walking group of dogs. Their dog held off the bear allowing time to get other dogs to safety upon returning to site of encounter found their dog"Pete" alive but badly injured by bear. Pete was taken to vets multiple spinal injuries couple decide do to Pete's advanced age best to euthanize him since no guarantee he would come though surgeries or have similar life as before incident. This happened south of me in Greenwood Lake,NY. this village borders on a state park believe they were walking dogs on one of the park trails. Do not want to read post your cat is missing know it will be hard to keep indoors after being allowed to roam freely might have to build some type of enclosure for cat to spend time in while outside.

Have a safe and good Saturday everyone.
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11752 on: Feb 17, 2018, 07:29 AM »
Congratulations on being selected for bear tag. Going by outdoor shows I've watched suggest some bakery items coated with honey for your bait . You might be able to cut deal with local bakery to purchase old doughnuts at discount.

Steve

Good tips mr.clean, But unfortunately Wisconsin frowns on certain baits and quantities.

https://dnr.wi.gov/files/PDF/pubs/wm/WM0457.pdf

One thing that does help, there are a couple of places close by which sells bear bait 7 months out of the year. Most of the treats are dirt cheap and it doesn't take a lot to get them interested. I am looking forward to making the most out of the experience. I hope I don't go overboard talking about it as the time draws closer.

WS 

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11753 on: Feb 17, 2018, 09:02 AM »
I went to a meat market out I the middle of now where yesterday to get some boneless chicken breast. This meat market has been around for around 100 years. People come for miles to shop there because of their prices. The boneless skinless breasts were only $1.39 a lb. in a 10 lb. bag. I ended up buying more meat than I planed on. We spent a couple hours getting it ready for the freezer. I saw that I was gong to run out of vacuum bags so I sent the wife  to get some freezer paper. When I opened the box of Reynolds freezer paper it was about the thickness of tissue paper. I have used it for years but I am looking for some place to get some good stuff now.

Eddie I just looked and saw I have 11 preference points for bear and 7 for elk. It took 14 for bear where I want to hunt last year. If I do draw in the future and am not able to hunt I can gift it to some one else. I am not sure of the details for doing this. Do you get paid for the day off on Monday like the people working in the capital that give you guys grief when you are t just trying to do your job.

I had a few eagles where I used to duck hunt. One morning I had a juvenile take a couple passes at my duck decoys before landing on an old dead snag right over my head. It did not stay long as the top broke out of the snag. It flew across the opening and landed in a tree. Later on I heard an eagle scream. An adult was sitting in a tree across the lake. I used to haul beaver carcasses behind a neighbors house so he could watch the eagles feed on them.

WS It looks like the only thing that is banned for bait is animal parts or carcasses. One morning I was at the home farm of the property that I hunted. The farmer asked me to go out in the pasture and pick up a still born calf so he could get the heifer to the barn as it would not leave it. I put it on may bait and staked it down. the coyotes had it about eaten up the next day. We are not allowed to bait bear until a few weeks before season. No baiting for dog training during the summer.

I used to stop at a day old bread place and buy a rack of out dated pastries on my way to the UP. I would set on my tailgate for quite a while opening Twinkies and pies to get them out of the wrappers. The rack of goods was actually pretty cheap. Some of the rack never made it to the bait station. We are not limited to the volume of bait at a site.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11754 on: Feb 17, 2018, 10:47 AM »
Right you Are Steve, I will remind her that is an item she needs to list in her will, that it goes to the Grandson.

Well if I can't  ice fish, or get the boat out,  I may as well "SMOKE"

Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11755 on: Feb 17, 2018, 11:12 AM »
Good Late Morning ER's Hope all are doing well. IFF congrats to your grandson. Did you and the Mrs. notice WI knocked off Purdue should help your J hawks come ncaa time.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11756 on: Feb 17, 2018, 12:13 PM »
Good Morning Eddie, Bud! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Yesterday I found out that after 9 years I finally was selected for a Wisconsin bear tag. I had bought preference points for 8 years and missed one in between because I had forgot about it. Wisconsin rotates every year with baiters and houndsmen taking turns. This year the bait people are first so I decided to try for the hunt license. The season starts Sept 5 and goes for a few weeks. Iam going to concentrate on the first week. Now I have to decide what to use on Yogi.

WS

Marv.......You can try Peanut Butter, a friend of mine in Maine told me that he got some in #10 tin cans and put in a
                   plastic bucket nailed to a tree about 1.5' off the ground. also Glazed donuts!

IW

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11757 on: Feb 18, 2018, 03:48 AM »
                Good morning ER's
                        It's 26* and we had about 3/4 of an inch of snow over night, the cat is out! here he is wanting to come in!

Bud......Those ribs look yummy! :clap:
                        Tom......That sounds like you have a lot of meat in the freezer, getting stocked up for the big storm are you! ???lol
                        Steve....How was the Lacrosse match yesterday. When you came up  here for Fish 307's open house, you mentioned
                that you were coming up for a few days to fish Lake George, when will that be?
                        I went to my Crappie lake last night, I couldn't get anyone to go so I did it alone. The bite was on I ended up with
                21 nice ones. Here's a bag full.

Today MW and his family and #2 son and his family and I are hitting Lake George for a Laker hunt!
                       I hope veryone has a good Sunday either at work or out on the ice!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11758 on: Feb 18, 2018, 05:06 AM »
Morning alll,

IW......nice catch  :thumbsup: :clap:  good luck today  ;)

IFF.....how was dinner ???  sure looked good  :) hope you're feeling better

WS....did you make it thru the frame pick ok  ???  cribbage anyone  :roflmao:

TT.....vacuum sealer bags work great for freezing foods, a little pricey but the bags can be reused and it stops freezer burn  ;)2

Eddie.....did you make it out yesterday  ???

MrC.....hope you enjoyed the game  :clap:  my 2 youngest grandkids are playing lacrosse this year

Think we might try hitting the ice again today, looks like a rainy warm week ahead  :(  hoping the fish will be a bit more cooperative than the last couple outings  ;)

Have a good day whatever's going on. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11759 on: Feb 18, 2018, 06:19 AM »
Good Morning ER's

Well supper sure tasted good.  Best part at super time was KU won there game, after that Texas Tech lost so now, those two are tied in the big 12 standings.

Beginning to think the more cold meds I take the worse it gets. :cookoo:

Jeff, Nice haul on the bag full.  :thumbsup: :clap:

good luck to all hitting the ice today.  Stay safe, catch some for me.
Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.