Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1625669 times)

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #11640 on: Feb 05, 2018, 07:58 AM »
Good Morning ER's wow IW that's a big dumping hope it isn't to bad removing. Mason I agree with WW about just getting out even if the fish count isn't off the charts. Speaking of charts I caught Caroke King concert Live at the Hyde on PBS Tapestry of Life oh was that good. The super bowl was a great game too bad they didn't have Carole King for the half time show. Bud hope better days ahead for you and the J Hawks. Bitter wind chills and more snow today here not to mention the pipes froze up again sheet. Have a great day. WS hope you have success tomorrow. Is anyone going out on the deck today?

Offline Robert Grimaldi

• IceShanty Rookie
New to Lake Ariel Area
« Reply #11641 on: Feb 05, 2018, 08:16 AM »
Hello, I just moved in Lake Ariel area. Due to disability, I don’t drive. I’m looking for a fishing buddie or buddies to hook up with any day of week. I’m off every day. Gladly pay for gas, bait, whatever. Please feel free if there’s anyone looking to call me. 570-352-4555, Thank You!!!! Bob

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11642 on: Feb 05, 2018, 10:28 AM »
CapJ......hope you also get some relief from the doc today  ;)

H2L.....congrats to your nephew & crew  :flex: :clap: :thumbsup:

OG.....hope you get the pipes thawed ok  & things warm up a bit ;D

Agree the SB ads & half time show were nothing special  ::)

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #11643 on: Feb 05, 2018, 12:56 PM »
Dr. appt. went well - upper resp. infection - 'Z' pack, 6 pill, stay hydrated, rest, hoping for faster than slower
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11644 on: Feb 05, 2018, 03:27 PM »
Good afternoon 9:45ers , congratulations to the Eagles and their fans on Super Bowl victory . NO accumulation from yesterday's snow changed to sleet then rain before ending made for slick roads last night. Guessers calling for 5 to 8 inches on Wednesday with Wintry mix.
Old Goat thanks for the jig offer have more then I use currently. Sorry to hear about your water pipes.
IFF hope you find time to chip up olive tree stump.
Eddie sound like you and your friends gave it one heck of a try in attempt to locate fish. Better luck next trip.
Ice Wanderer glad your wife and granddaughter got home safely . That is a lot of snow to receive from one storm.
Whopper Stopper how is your FIL doing with his recovery. May the pike be hungry when you fish tomorrow.
Icefisher-45 may chiropractor bring you relief from your back pain.
Wallyworld thank you for mentioning WS's fil I loose track of all going on in each other's lives. Good luck fishing tomorrow may you find some hungry walleyes.
Hunts2long once again congratulations to your nephew and his friends on their prize winnings at Northern Challenge contest. Take it easy with snow blower do not need to aggravate your back.
Capt. Jim may medication from doctor have you back in action soon and feeling better.

Robert Grimaldi welcome to 9:45 thread , I have 2 suggestions that might help you find a fishing partner. Update your I.S. profile with your location. (state)  Also if a forum exists for your state post there about looking for fishing partner should yield better results then posting in General Forum. Hope you find someone to take you out on to the ice.

Have a safe and good evening everyone. Prayer said for family and friends of all involved in train accident in Florida.  Good fishing to all heading out tomorrow.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11645 on: Feb 05, 2018, 10:37 PM »
Good Evening Crew.  Well the 4 hour rental, with half hour each way left me with 3 hours to get it stuffed in the chipper.  Didn't see any blood.  Still a little cleaning up and dispose of the chip/mulch. 

Weather turn a down turn from 54* into the low 20's for over night.  Some talk of maybe some snow flakes over night.  But not suppose to amount to much at all at the lower elevations.

early pillow time for me, now have the opening bell at the store in the morning

Take care all.

Bud

Online masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #11646 on: Feb 06, 2018, 01:33 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm and 10* this am, high of 29 today. Another 4am start this morning doing demo and a small side job after work helping a buddy rebuild a stone hearth...gas $... ;D. Speaking of gas, it's up to $2.70/gl at my regular station now, 87 octane with corn syrup.

Jeff...wow, you got hammered with the snow up there, thanks for the picture! Glad to read your wife and grandaughter made it back ok with those conditions, less that last hill.  :thumbsup:  Imagine MW and the boys put in some marathon hours again keeping up with that storm. Best of luck if fishing today..got a snowmobile?
  Marv..hope that new haircut brings you some luck today jigging up some toothy critters! Best of luck out there, looking forward to your report Sir!   :thumbsup:  Couldn't agree more about the Half Time show...that just plain sucked..I want my 15 minutes back!  ;D
  I-45...crossing fingers the chiropractor brought you some relief yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  Wally..best of luck to you and Mr.WW today, you deserve a banner catch after beating that bug!! Looking forward to your report, have a great time out there!   :thumbsup:
  H2...congrats to your nephew and his group, hope their lucky streak continues with the Northern Challenge, awesome!   :clap: :bow: :thumbsup:
  OG...sorry to hear about the pipes freezing up again, hope things are better today for you! Carole King... :
  Capt.J...best wishes on a full recovery soon Sir, hope that Z pack does the trick!    :thumbsup:
  Steve...we gave it our best out there, just couldn't locate them. Must say, it was fun trying and watching those ION augers go to work....they are an awesome auger!   :thumbsup:
  Bud..wtg getting that tree job out of the way, glad the chipper workd out well for you. Maybe the weather will turn around again and bring you some ice locally...best wishes!   :icefish:

Well time for the 3 S's and getting ready for the sound of jackhammers....cawfee's on...will check in at break to see how you're all doing!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11647 on: Feb 06, 2018, 03:09 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good morning Everyone :bow:

-10 heading to +9 by the afternoon.

Good luck to you and the crew at the office today Eddie! :thumbsup: Gas slowly climbed to $2.59 here for the same flavor you speak of. It seemed odd in that there never was a spike or jump, just a slow and steady rise over the last couple of weeks.

IW hope you were able to get your snow cleaned up. Give my best to MW he has to be running on empty.

WW Good luck if getting out today :thumbsup: I hope you are able to land on the magic spot :clap:

Bud glad to hear all went well with the chipper. What type of chipper was it, a drum style or a hydraulic feed? I am guessing for a rental it would be hydraulic feed as it would be a lot safer. I still have crooked ribs stuffing the old drum chipper.

Capt.Jim good luck with the upper resp. infection :thumbsup: My sister is going through the same thing.

mr.clean hope you have a good day today and find the storm tomorrow fizzles and doesn't go nuts like IW's . A person never knows what to think when depending on the guessers ???

I was going to head to the lake this morning but I got 2 tree calls yesterday and need to meet a guy around 10am this morning and the other at 1 pm. Next week we are supposed to have a nice warm up so maybe I will be able to get something lined up. I still plan on fishing however it will be tomorrow instead.

I did want to make mention that my F-I-L is doing very well, unbelievable actually. He had his surgery on Thursday at 1 pm and by 3 pm he was already in the recovery room. Before the day was over they had him up and walking and when we saw him on Saturday he was getting around with his walker chomping at the bit to get home. My wife talked to him last night and he still has some pain but for the most part he is well on his way, doing his therapy. Thanks to those that asked.

I actually had kind of a crazy experience when we were at the hospital visiting him. He was in a very small room and counting him there were 5 of us squeezed in there. I am not sure if it was low BP or what, but after visiting for about 20 minutes, I felt very hot and light headed. I told my wife I needed to sit down and before she could grab a chair, I hit the floor with a nasty thud, bouncing my head off the floor. I guess I scared the hell out of all of them and it took me a little while to get up. I landed on my elbow, face and hip and needless to say these last couple of days has me hobbling around and looking like I got into a good knock down brawl. 

I am trying to monitor BP and get my calories up a little bit. The worst part is I really scared my wife and she didn’t even want to go to work yesterday. I promised her if anything like that happens again I will go in, but I sure felt bad scaring her like that. So far things are fine, I hope it continues.

Best of luck to anyone hitting the ice  :thumbsup: Above all stay safe!

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11648 on: Feb 06, 2018, 03:58 AM »

Good morning Eddie, WS, ER's,
                       It's 11* here on my hill and we have more snow coming in tomorrow another 8 to 12 inches, I got almost
               all the snow cleaned up the only thing left is my back deck, the one in the picture. MW and his brothers sure put
               in the hours, #2 son got home at 7:30 yesterday morning and MW finished about 11 am. Today MW and his wife
               have some roofs to shovel. :flex:
                      Marv........I hope your black out is nothing more than being cramped in to that small room. When I was a kid
               I use to get the same feeling whenever I went to the hospital to visit someone. I think it was due to the hospital was
               too hot and me not taking my coat off. Be careful sir!
                      Eddie.......Have a good day and I hope you wear ear protection jack hammering! :flex:
                      Bud..........Good job getting that tree cleaned up. :clap:
                      WW/H2L.........How did you guys miss all that snow? Actually it was pretty crazy, like here at my house we got
               about 20" and 3 miles away my #3 son got 8". :cookoo:
                      Capt.Jim......Take care with that resp. infection, lots of rest! :whistle:
                      I-45........Good luck at the chiropractor, one of my DILs works for the Chamber of Commerce and their office
              is shared with a chiropractor and she doubles as a receptionist for him sometimes. She say nothing but good things
              about him and is trying to get me to go in to see him! ???
                      Tom........Glad to hear that you didn't get a lot of snow to clean up!
                      I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out fishing, maybe cleaning up some snow! :blink:

IW

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11649 on: Feb 06, 2018, 05:05 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....scary event for sure  :o  glad to hear you are none the worse for wear tho :clap:  take care of yourself sir  ;)  good luck on the tree jobs

IFF....glad there was no blood yesterday  :thumbsup: :woot:  have a good day at work  ;D

CapJ.....sure hope the z pack gets you back in good health quickly  ;)2 

IW.....the weatherman is saying 7-10" here tomorrow  :%$#!:  hoping for the low end totals again  :)

Eddie....87 octane in this area is $2.77  >:(  ridiculous  ::)
Heading out shortly  :icefish: :tipup:  :woot:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11650 on: Feb 06, 2018, 06:35 AM »
12 and light snow.
WW, Glad to hear you and the Mr. are back on the ice. Good Luck today.
WS, Ouch. Sometimes you can go down very fast. Sounds like if there had been a few more people in the small room you couldn't have fallen.
IW, the snow totals were crazy. Talked to a friend near Albany, he got an inch
Wed. looks like a good day to go to NYC. Her appt. is for 9:30 so we will leave early enough to get out of the North before it starts. Packing a small bag, in case we run into the worst weather on the trip home and have to get a room. You know I am looking forward to getting home to 8 to 12 inches of snow....Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11651 on: Feb 06, 2018, 07:22 AM »
Morning all.
I've been holed up for a few days,painting and doing something around the house. My wife went to SC on a week trip with her girlfriend. So I've been batching it. lol Taking care of the house is little more work than I like.
We had to wait about a week for our go to lake to refreeze the shoreline, mission accomplished and my son and I got busy. We fished a couple of days ago and got 30 some mixed big crappie and 8.5"-9" gills,yesterday put about 6 plus hours and did pretty good 48 between the two of us. Some crappie hit the 13"mark my biggest ones of the year. We threw back a lot of 9' crappie and quite a few gills big enough to keep,but I'm the fillet man and enough is enough.
WS be careful and take care of yourself.
WW glad you guys are over the nasty and getting out.
OG good luck k with those pipes
IW good luck k fishing but it appears you don't need luck.lol
Captain Jim hope you fell better.
IFF glad your chipper went well
H2L Good luck on your trip and hope the weather not bad for you
Mr. Clean have a good day
Eddie hope all is well. I'm glad little Ryan doing well.
I'm certainly getting my fill of eating fish since my wife been gone.lol I'm not tired of it yet, I'm doing some fish tacos for lunch today. I made a cabbage slaw,2 parts vinegar,one part oil,and a couple spoons of sugar. Cherry tomatoes,avocado, and slaw.
My daughter showed up at the same time we return from fishing,everyone was starving because we didn't take a lunch, so I cooked up some pasta and made a big toss salad and we had dinner together. Then they all left me with the clean up duties. lol Got to love it two 30 something kids and dad does all the work.
Well have a good day.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11652 on: Feb 06, 2018, 08:34 AM »
Good Morning ER's wow WS sounds a little spooky. You do seem to burn the candle from both ends take it easy enjoy some rest, relax. I saw a few deer last night using the roads for travel kinda cool. It's been a good year for ice conditions here cold-bitter cold-cold a little snow now cold for another week at least. It's tough keeping up on everyones going ons even when I read previous posts so I wish everyone a good day.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11653 on: Feb 06, 2018, 02:39 PM »
Good afternoon everyone , first off my apology train accident was in South Carolina Amtrack train some how got onto to siding with parked freight train and ran into it 2 rail workers killed, 100 injured on Amtrack train looks like failure of switch to reset.
 Update weather forecast had snow showers this morning already melted, currently sunshine and light winds. Now calling for 3-5 inches of snow tomorrow with storm going from snow to ice.
IFF good to read you still have all you fingers and olive tree is chipped. Looks like they are rotating your shifts at work really affects you sleep and plans outside of the job.
Eddie hope you had hearing protection at work today. All the best with side job.
Whopper Stopper did you get checked before leaving hospital do some phone check ins with wife if you fish this week to keep her happy. Glad to read your FIL is doing so well with his post surgery recovery. May you get the tree jobs.
Ice Wanderer if forecast holds true going to be some high snow banks in your area. May Mealworm and his wife get roofs shoveled and find some down time before tomorrows plow session.
Hunts2Long I'm sure you are keeping check on forecast like I posted snow is supposed to change to ice in my area as storm ends(Newburgh,NY Thruway exit 17) you may already be home at that time. If needed there is a Ramada Inn by Thruway exit also a Denny's near motel. Safe trip for the wife and you .
Captain54 happy to read you were able to get in a couple ice fishing  trips. Nothing like being left to do the dishes. ::)
Old Goat did you get the pipes thawed be careful when out in the below zero temperatures.
Wallyworld hope all of us expecting snow only get low end of forecast totals. also Hoping I only see snow tomorrow. Looking forward to your report on new shelter and how fish were biting.
Icefisher-45 how did things go with chiropractor.

Have a safe and pleasant evening folks. To all expecting snow get the removal equipment ready.  Good fishing to all.
Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11654 on: Feb 06, 2018, 03:32 PM »
Thanks, Mr. Clean....Keeping a real close eye on the weather. Right now the trip down doesn't look too bad. We should be headed out of the city by 2pm if all goes well. I worked quite a bit between Kingston and Newburgh so know that area pretty good. If it gets bad I will find a room and wait for morning. More worried about what it is going to be like up here. The Thruway is "usually" pretty good, its the 30 miles from there to home that could be bad. If it is bad my brother will come down and open up the end of the driveway....h2l
Northville, NY

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11655 on: Feb 06, 2018, 06:07 PM »
Thoughts & prayers to the latest Police Officer killed in the line of duty in Colorado  :'(  3rd one since New Year's Eve  :'(  so sad

H2L.....safe travels to the city and home tomorrow sir  ;)

Eddie.....saw gas is up to $2.79 today  :%$#!: 

Cap54.....glad you've had such good luck on the ice  :thumbsup:  kids are always still just kids when they come back home  :roflmao:

MrC.....hope the weatherman is wrong about the ice in your area  :unsure:  much rather deal with snow  :whistle:

Fishing was pretty darn slow today......1 perch & 4 short eyes  :(  but a decent day to be out once the snow finally let up  ;D  the new shanty worked great, lots of room & the side doors are priceless, no more stepping over the holes, fish finder & rods every time you go out to tend to tip ups   :tipup: :thumbsup:  today was also the first trip with the new k-drill type auger, no more gas auger for MrWW  :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11656 on: Feb 06, 2018, 08:26 PM »
Good evening , happy to be os some assistance Hunts2long. Wallyworld thank you for the report wish the two of you caught more fish.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11657 on: Feb 06, 2018, 10:55 PM »
Early Good Morning all, We had sold out of a lot of ice gear, like hand augers, flashers, Ice 35 and 45's, Eskimo 949 fatfish,

They had augers, ice combo rods on a little sale of 10-20% off and we got bombed with more 949 Fatfish hubs... ::) ::)  and 1 ice 45 was on yesterdays truck....Go figure.  This season here locally is about history.  :unsure: :cookoo:  Had a caller wanting to know if there was any ice on my home lake.  Had to tell him he would need to go take a look, I am tied up working and haven't been able to go look myself  ;D

sigh, if only to be fully retired.  Oh well still ice in the high country. 

Felt a little like I was on the verge of catching that bug.  sure hope not.  Not sure but think I heard that it might be snowing come Saturday. :unsure:

WW, Looks like a Milwaukee doing the muscle work with the auger.  K-Drills have plastic flights so looks like the bit is a Mora ?

Guess I better bring in my batteries and get them charged just in case I find some time to go icing.

But for now more yard cleanup is still on my plate.

Marv, I never paid any attention if it had a brand name on the chipper, some of the young branches really didn't get cut up much, could be because its been used a lot.  Will see about a close up picture of the now guess we call it mulch.

Good Day to all,  and stay safe if getting on the hard water.

Bud

Online masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11658 on: Feb 07, 2018, 01:25 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!
  16* and clear skies at the moment, mid 20's for a high...weather guessers calling for 8-12" of the white stuff today.

Another 4am start this morning and short on time...will catch up to you all this afternoon!
  Marv..wow, that is scarey stuff that happened to you! Hope you're still feeling ok and haven't experienced anymore of those blackouts, dang..best wishes Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Cawfee's on ....

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11659 on: Feb 07, 2018, 04:09 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                      It's 12* and cloudy here on my hill with snow expected here today, the guessers are calling for 12+ inches.
              I took a ride to LG with my wife yesterday, looks like they got around a foot, not many out fishing, but it's a week
              day! ???
                      Eddie.......I guess you like the early starts, so you get an early quit, any fishing plans after work?
                      Wally.......There seems to be a lot of those slow days going on, it could be of all the pressure changes! ::)
              I'm glad that the new Shanty is working out for you two. Aren't electric drills great, you can drill your holes in
              the shanty without getting gassed out. :flex:
                      Bud..........I hope you're not coming down with the bug, but with all the people that you come in contact with
              at work someone could pass it around. :%$#!:
                      Captain 54.....Sounds like you and your son got the touch, good job on the fish! :flex:
                      H2L.......Yeah, there were some crazy amounts of different snow totals, when I took MW's daughter home Sunday
              he had 15+ inches in his driveway and that was still early. When he got home to plow his own driveway it was up to his
              thigh, more than 26"! :cookoo:
                      I hope everyone has a good Hump Day, Wednesday either at work or out on the hardwater!

IW

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11660 on: Feb 07, 2018, 05:26 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....you are right sir, a new Milwaukee hammer drill & an old fin bore III that we've had for years  ;D  start hitting the oj bottle & hope the bug gets scared off  :)

IW.....the speed of the electric drill is sweet too  :thumbsup:  hope you don't get too much snow today, sounds like you already have more than enough

Eddie.....safe travels heading home from work, could be out in the worst part of the storm  :o

WS......hope you land a few monsters today  :icefish:   ;)2

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11661 on: Feb 07, 2018, 06:26 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW, WW. Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Nice pictures WW :thumbsup: Good looking set up!

I have the truck running and am heading to the lake in a couple minutes.

We had an inch of snow last night so just a nuisance. The wife sent a text saying they have already passed a couple of spin outs and are now at a full stop.

I will check in later to see what is all going on today.

Best of luck no matter what's on the planner :thumbsup: Stay safe to all especially if needing to fight the snow or roads.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11662 on: Feb 07, 2018, 06:33 AM »
Good Morning everyone, looks like we're supposed to get snow today. Chiropractor said I may need to see a spine doctor. Still in a lot of pain. I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines.
Take a kid ice fishing

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11663 on: Feb 07, 2018, 07:32 AM »
IF45......sorry you're still in pain, sometimes surgery is what is needed to fix the problem  :)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11664 on: Feb 07, 2018, 08:46 AM »
Good morning early risers ,snow started falling around 7:45 coming down at a good rate currently might end as rain by ten tonight according to one forcast. Three to six inches for my area time will tell hope temperature stays low enough we only get snow and no ice or rain shoveling slush is a pain.
IFF hope you have not contracted the flu working in retail both of us are exposed to everything. Think they wanted to clear shelters out of warehouse/distribution center let the stores find a place to store them until next ice fishing season. :whistle:
Eddie may you have a safe commute home this afternoon.
Ice Wanderer assume your snow blower is ready for today's round of snow may the guessers be correct and you only see 12 inches or less. Looks like another long day for Mealworm and his crew.
Wallyworld good combination with the drill and Finbore auger must cut holes quickly heard they are a fast cutting hand auger thanks to off set handle add a drill and they must fly through the ice. Sounds like the crossover shelter fits all your needs glad you got such a good deal on it.
Whopper Stopper may the pike and walleye cooperate and you bring some fish home. May your black out be a one time thing.
Icefisher-45 sorry the chiropractor could not be of more help to you.
A good day to all ,those in the Northeast be careful if you have to travel today. Good fishing to all.
Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11665 on: Feb 07, 2018, 05:02 PM »
We are home. Trip down was good. No snow until we got within a mile of hospital.  We were early but they had a cancelation, so took us early. Lungs checked out fine and they washed them both out. May not have to do this for another year. Trip home was rain/freezing rain until we got up to Albany. Snow covered roads the rest of the way. 5 hours to get home. Was able to get into the driveway and got it cleaned out enough so daughter can get in tonight. May have a glass of wine...lol...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11666 on: Feb 07, 2018, 06:05 PM »
Congratulations h2l  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11667 on: Feb 07, 2018, 06:08 PM »
nice to hear H2L

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11668 on: Feb 07, 2018, 10:26 PM »
That is good new H2L
Bud

Online masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11669 on: Feb 08, 2018, 03:22 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Windy and 16* with scattered flurries this am, high of 23 expected. Didn't measure, but guessing we ended up with about 7-8" of snow yesterday...enough to run the snowblower twice anyway.

H2...great news on your wife, CONGRATULAtIONS!! :clap: :bow:  Glad to read you had safe travels to and from the City, hope you enjoyed that glass of wine...well deserved!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...thanks for sharing the pictures of your last trip, very nice set up, glad its working out for you and Mr.WW! Drive home from work was slow going, but that was just fine by me. Believe a lot of people called it an early day, didn't see one accident....maybe they're learning?    ;D
  I-45...sorry the chiropractor couldn't help much, have you contacted another Dr.? Best wishes on getting some relief soon Sir!  :thumbsup:
  Marv..hope the bite was on for you yesterday, looking forward to your report!
  Jeff...no fishing for me yesterday, not that it didnt cross my mind.... ;D  Actually like the early starts/quits, although some days like yesterday, it seems there's nothing left in the tank and you're running on fumes...lol. Amazing snow totals you had up there from that last storm, wow, hope you didn't get clobbered again yesterday!  Give our best to MW and the boys, I'm sure they had a long night!   :thumbsup:
  Capt.Jim...hope that Z-pack did its job and you're starting to feel better Sir!    :thumbsup:
  Capt.54...failed to mention I made your chowder recipe for the SuperBowl...kicked it up a notch with some scallops and baby clams in addition to the shrimp and perch fillets....wasn't a spoonful left after halftime!   :thumbsup:

Regular work hours today, no complaints. Was glad I had 4wd yesterday...used it twice on some pretty steep greasy areas as the snow packed tires started breaking loose. Doubt I'll ever own a truck again without it.
  Cawfee is brewing....looks like a Quaker Oats morning...help yourself!   ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.