Author Topic: Dropper Rigs  (Read 2166 times)

Offline sbfPA_Mike

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Dropper Rigs
« on: Nov 09, 2004, 05:07 PM »

Does anybody use these?  How do you tie them?  Is there a certain way,  jig on top or bottom,  two jigs,  jig and plain hook,  that kind of thing?
I don't like it here, so I will probably be here for a while.........
 @ www.iceshanty.com  @ www.myfishfinder.com
 @ www.myhuntingforum.com[/si

flaggggg

Re: Dropper Rigs
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2004, 06:14 PM »
when l'm jigging for pans l'll use usually tie three jigs. l pretie them at home different colors different lengths. l like tying the upper jigs on with blood knots. the knot seems complicated at first but it's really very easy. the blood knot allows them to hang over to one side and get alot of action.store them in small snack baggies and shazam. l also use a dropper which is what you're refering too under a spoon,usually around 4 to 6 in long with either a plain hook or a small jig. this by the way is how l rig my tip-ups and l do get alot of action. :) hope this helped.
flaggggg  :tipup:

Offline Polar

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2004, 10:28 AM »
The 2005 Infisherman Ice Fishing Guide has a article on this subject.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an  well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, A fishing pole in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming \"WOO HOO, what a ride!

Offline sbfPA_Mike

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2004, 11:05 AM »
That is what promted my question Polar. ;)
I don't like it here, so I will probably be here for a while.........
 @ www.iceshanty.com  @ www.myfishfinder.com
 @ www.myhuntingforum.com[/si

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2004, 07:34 PM »
I also like dropper spoons, especially for perch. There are some easy to use models from Custom Jigs and Spins that feature completely adjustable drop lengths. I'm sure if you ran a jig under the spoon they would work well on aggressive gills, too. Often for a quick tandem rig I tie a lighter lure on top with a four turn clinch knot; leaving 12" or so to tie off the bottom lure. Make sure the top jig or tear-drop hangs hangs 90 degrees from the line. A tear- drop with a maribou jig down low is a nasty combo.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.