The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Middle Thompson Today  (Read 984 times)

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
Middle Thompson Today
« on: Jan 17, 2009, 07:20 PM »
Did not even lose bait today.  Did not see a fish and when I was coming off the ice, all the people I talked too did not have any strikes.  I changed locations at least 8 times.  That's not normal for me.  I can normally sit and have strikes within the holes I drill.  It's hard to run an ice auger out of gas, but I did.  One full tank today.  I'll hit it hard again tomorrow.

Wonder how Neptune and family did at Smith Lake.  I hope all went well there.

Very tired, later people.
wish you many hook-ups

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
Re: Middle Thompson Today
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2009, 08:07 PM »
Quant, we struck out too...didn't see but one fish iced and there were tons of people on smith probably 25-35 at one point we fished for about 5 hours and never got a strike on 6 lines....its the Aliens... :blink:

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2009, 04:24 AM »
its early right now but I'll be leaving here in 20 minutes back out to Thompson.  Sorry about the strike out at Smith.  On the upside the reports for CF look good for ice.  Yeeeeeppiiii!
wish you many hook-ups

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2009, 07:03 PM »
Sure thing guys, CF was looking great this weekend, couldn't have been better weather this weekend!!! Tourney is on for sure, Weather suposed to get cold again on Thursday.  Found the fish!  looking forward to fishing with you guys this weekend!!!! 

An Ice Fisherman is a man who spends cold days sitting on the ice doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
Re: Middle Thompson Today/ Pics added
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2009, 08:43 PM »
Well at least I can say I caught fish, 8 dang ol spawned out salmon.  But they fought good for the dieing condition they were in.  The big fish was a pike 26.2 pounds, 44" long and caught by Dick.  I don't know his last name but he is from Libby.  I think the big rainbow was a 22 pounder?  I didn't listen real well, it was crowded and noisy. 

I'll post pictures of the spawned salmon tomorrow, right now....beer, hug the wife, relaxing and planning CF Derby.

This one I measured with my boot, at least 3 1/2  boots widths wide and my boot is 5" wide.
wish you many hook-ups

Offline Flathead Ice Hound

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2009, 10:06 PM »
I fished middle Thompson Sunday Feb. 1st all day no bites all day dropped my camera down the hole and saw small schools of very small perch did not see any other fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.