The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: cooney ice report  (Read 1459 times)

Offline chucknduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
cooney ice report
« on: Jan 16, 2009, 01:34 PM »
was there last weekend edge had been open but had refroze.  anyone have a more recent report.  might just drive up and check it out tonight for tomorrow.

Offline lingslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: cooney ice report
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2009, 10:03 PM »
I hope to get a few days in at cooney this week , How was the ice and the fishing,I will report back what i find out. I will probaly be there on tuesday if the ice nholds up.

Offline chucknduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2009, 09:49 PM »
was out on sat.  fishing was great.  two of us limited by noon.  tried some shallower water than i have ever fished 8-9ft and it was the best day ive had out there. 

there was about 13 in of ice but the edges are getting very thin.  edges were freezin over night abut an inch.  just had to be careful on the way off the lake.  the ice was really noisy which might be a bad sign.  just has to hold to thurs when things cool off. 

Offline lingslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2009, 12:30 AM »
Thanks for the info , I  will hopefully make it out on Thursday and I will report back.

Offline lingslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2009, 11:25 PM »
I fished for four hours saturday morning without a single bite between myself or my four year old, went back Saturday afternoon with my brother and four kids and did'nt get a strike in four hours between twelve lines in the water and every bait I had. The ice was in excellent condition at least 18 inches at fishermans point. ???

Offline scotty2hotty

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FISHING BUDDY
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2009, 10:11 AM »
       Had 14'' of good ice off the south east boat ramp, but not a bite.  Talked to the ranger who had talked to someone drilling in the middle of the lake who reported thin ice in the middle.  Might want to think twice before taking a trip to the other side.
htt

Offline Rio252

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 04, 2009, 01:05 AM »
I had luck a couple weeks ago in the "Cottonwood Camp Site" the 3rd or 4th parking area before the loop around. Fished in 7-10 ft. of water. I would guess maybe 20 yd. from water line. used shining green jig tipped with WAX worms. Dont just dead stick it...JIG!...Pause. I hope to be out there on Sun. I pray the ice isnt open by then.
NCarcr8

iceandwiskey

« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2009, 10:27 AM »
what are you guys catching?

Offline lingslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 05, 2009, 11:00 AM »
It is mostly rainbows ,but there are some good walleyes in Cooney but not being able to use live bait makes them hard to catch.I have also heard of ling, perch and crappies in there ,but have personally never caught any.

Offline 400elkhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 10, 2009, 07:26 PM »
I'm thinking of going to Cooney this weekend any update on the ice or fishing?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.