Author Topic: New Gear for 2019/2020 Season  (Read 42447 times)

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
Re: New Gear for 2019/2020 Season
« Reply #121 on: Sep 24, 2019, 10:25 AM »
I paged through that Striker catalog and went to order a distressed walleye baseball cap....30.00 with tx and shipping. Ouch.

Offline Fishtrekker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #122 on: Oct 04, 2019, 07:37 AM »
iFish Pro cames out with their 2.0 model, the insulated base is a nice addition along with a couple other changes:

https://www.ifishpro.com/tipups

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #123 on: Oct 07, 2019, 09:44 AM »

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Catchin' Fish

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #125 on: Oct 08, 2019, 10:04 AM »
Anyone have a PK spoon alternative they like?  Going to buy some more, but curious if anyone has an alternative as well.  Gold was on fire for me last year!
Minnesconsin born and raised

Offline laer0302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #126 on: Oct 08, 2019, 02:06 PM »

Interesting, looks pretty cool. I bought an Ice Runner Explorer last year and love it.

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #127 on: Oct 11, 2019, 10:06 AM »
You'd think they would have a better price point for being an up and coming company.
Da Pack!

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #128 on: Oct 11, 2019, 06:43 PM »
Anyone have a PK spoon alternative they like?  Going to buy some more, but curious if anyone has an alternative as well.  Gold was on fire for me last year!

Never see a knock off PK spoon.

However, I've picked up a few of the Cast Champ spoon packages that had a bunch of spoons in a package & they are knock of Acme Kastmasters at about 1/3 the price and work well.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #129 on: Oct 16, 2019, 11:14 AM »

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #130 on: Oct 16, 2019, 11:41 AM »
Is $169 for both pieces or each ???
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline laer0302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #131 on: Oct 16, 2019, 12:00 PM »
Is $169 for both pieces or each ???

I believe it's for the suit. If you look at there site, they have the individual pieces priced at $89 a piece. I'm hoping Ice Runner has these on display at the St. Paul Ice Show this year. I'm very interested.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #132 on: Oct 16, 2019, 12:28 PM »
I may be a guinea pig at that price point of the ice runner float suit.my strikers are falling apart and not forking that amount of coin out again for those.tho i got smoking deals on hardwater suits when korkys went under.99$ coats and 99$ bibs.bought 2 full suits.however those suits are too hot for me and wear my striker lite almost every time out and its been falling apart for years.

Offline laer0302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #133 on: Oct 16, 2019, 12:49 PM »
I may be a guinea pig at that price point of the ice runner float suit.my strikers are falling apart and not forking that amount of coin out again for those.tho i got smoking deals on hardwater suits when korkys went under.99$ coats and 99$ bibs.bought 2 full suits.however those suits are too hot for me and wear my striker lite almost every time out and its been falling apart for years.

I'm in the same boat. I have a pair of the Striker Predator bibs. They are very warm, but very bulky and heavy when hole hopping. I'm looking for a lightweight float suit, and was looking at the Striker Trekker suit, but even that is still nearly a $400 investment for the jacket and bibs, it might even be more than that, been awhile since I checked the price. This is an excellent price point, I'll probably be buying the jacket for sure.

Offline VanderLaan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #134 on: Oct 16, 2019, 01:30 PM »
Never see a knock off PK spoon.

However, I've picked up a few of the Cast Champ spoon packages that had a bunch of spoons in a package & they are knock of Acme Kastmasters at about 1/3 the price and work well.

I have used these in open water with good results.  Add tape, feathered trebles, etc.

https://www.lurepartsonline.com/MasterCast-Spoons?quantity=1
The test of man is not how how far he will go to win, but how far he will go when he has already lost.

Offline DLB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #135 on: Oct 17, 2019, 08:42 AM »
New float suit option

https://icerunnerhouses.com/float-suit/?

A float suit is at the to of my list for this season and I've looked at the Striker Predator suit at the local Cabelas but after reading several posts including Dr. Specklers about the durability, I'd like to see this suit being shown in the water.  They've got videos of their shantys but nothing on the suits. 
You can observe alot by watching.
Yogi Berra

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #136 on: Oct 17, 2019, 08:59 AM »
A float suit is at the to of my list for this season and I've looked at the Striker Predator suit at the local Cabelas but after reading several posts including Dr. Specklers about the durability, I'd like to see this suit being shown in the water.  They've got videos of their shantys but nothing on the suits.

Striker suits are pretty durable and if something were to happen they have good customer service. I don't think stores would have been selling out previous years if they weren't good suits..

Offline vanhln

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #137 on: Oct 17, 2019, 09:12 AM »
Striker suits are pretty durable and if something were to happen they have good customer service. I don't think stores would have been selling out previous years if they weren't good suits..

++1

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #138 on: Oct 17, 2019, 03:08 PM »
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #139 on: Oct 17, 2019, 04:43 PM »
Yeah they have good customer service.sent both my suits in a few times..im just saying for the price they charge the thread being used should be stronger.i only wear my suits during fall steelhead and icefishing.guys that have only had them a couple years,look them over for threads fraying and breaking.it will happen.jmo

Offline sweth

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #140 on: Oct 17, 2019, 07:47 PM »
Strikers stitching sucks! Mine was coming apart in the first winter and when I emailed, no response. So I went to there  booth at the ice show and talked to the owner and told him of the issues I was having. He looked at me and asked me if I know how to sew? Wouldn't do anything about it. Not sure where these reports of good customer service are coming from, really hard to imagine given my experience.  I learned in my experience that they have cruddy over priced suits they won't stand behind. Good luck to those that pay the price tag.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #141 on: Oct 18, 2019, 03:47 AM »
Maybe I don’t fish as much as y’all or something but my hard water suit I got from them is still going pretty strong. The only thing I can say is the hood zipper didn’t last the first year and now that it’s 7 yrs old it’s not so waterproof anymore. I’ve never spayed it with any thing and in the rain last year it was seeping. Called them was told to wipe clean and use sneaker waterproofing spay “ do not machine wash or dry” will continue doing business with them
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline sam brodrick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #142 on: Oct 18, 2019, 11:57 AM »
Those 7" replacement blades are running $17.99/ pr. out of Reeds this year so you get the gold star for Mr. Thrifty Shopper. Import tariffs? I'd probably be more worried about HT Enterprises than about Volzhanka who makes those Neros in Russia.
so they are still half the price of any other replacement blades out there. im calling bs on the twisted nero shaft as well. there is zero chance i could twist that shaft by hand, and im a 350 lb powerlifter. i love my nero, was using my drill with it but it cuts so damn fast i just do it by hand. 20 in of ice take about 25 sec to cut. i strop blades regularly though. i wouldnt worry much about ht either they are everywhere. just my opinion.
I hate not fishing

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #143 on: Oct 18, 2019, 12:24 PM »
I think Strikers customer service kinda blows. Yes, it is great as long as it’s still under warranty. Once the warranty is up, they can care less about you. I just sent an email asking if they’d replace the knee pads in my predator bibs. Two seasons old. They asked if I have the receipt and I said no, they are out of warranty but I will pay. And then they said they don’t do replacement knee pads.

Offline TickleStick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #144 on: Oct 18, 2019, 11:50 PM »
I love my Predator bibs, not any problems so far, they almost keep me to warm...

WINTER IS COMING!

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #145 on: Oct 19, 2019, 08:37 AM »

I still stand by my orginal statement.  I had a issue with my jacket, but still mostly usable, emailed them, sent over the receipt like requested and had a brand new jacket at my door that week.  I may have even been outside of the warranty by a few months..  I'll support and recommend a brand as long as they continue to make good products and treat me right. 

If you aren't willing to give them another chance look into strikemasters new suit, FXR, or norfin (top European brand for ice suits, just entered the US market, if they can hold up to the elements over there the US weather shouldn't be a problem).

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #146 on: Oct 20, 2019, 10:46 PM »
Jackal Deracoup tail spinner.

I expect nothing but a mess of line tangle but I'm still gonna try to see if fish will bite it.  It's what tail spinners do when vertically jigged in an ice hole.  The spinner line tangles.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline DBV

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #147 on: Oct 25, 2019, 06:30 PM »
I see Marcum announced a new RT-9 2.0 today.  Wonder if it will be a lot better than the original 1.0.  Interesting, how you can upgrade the 1.0 one to 2.0 specs.

https://shop.marcumtech.com/product/rt-9-2-0/

Offline straightShot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #148 on: Oct 26, 2019, 08:24 AM »
I love my Predator bibs, not any problems so far, they almost keep me to warm...

I had to sew one of the pockets on mine.  It was coming off.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #149 on: Oct 26, 2019, 08:31 PM »
Lakewood has a new giant foam ice rod case. Definitely will protect your investments, comes at a weight cost though.  Saw one in person and they are heavy.
https://lakewoodproducts.com/product/ice-pole-caddie/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.