Author Topic: vex 18 or marcum lx3  (Read 2182 times)

Hawgin

vex 18 or marcum lx3
« on: Jan 16, 2003, 07:04 AM »
I have a fl 8 slt and am looking to upgrade. I am looking at both the vex 18 and lx3.  I am just wondering if anyone has used the lx3 and what they think of it?  How does it compare to the vex 18?

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
Re: vex 18 or marcum lx3
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2003, 12:18 PM »
Hawgin you're going to get mixed and biased reviews. First I'll make it clear that I have a Vex FL-18. My buddy has the LX-3. I've only had them side by side two times. The case for the LX-3 is nice and looks very durable. The display is bright and looks to me that the target seperation would be better-finer lines than on my FL-18. The downside on the display-in my opinion-is the colors they chose tend to blend together. The LX-3 sounds quieter than my FL-18. The adjustable zoom is a nice feature on the LX-3 and my buddy loves it. The FL-18 has the AZ but the bottom 6' only.They are both equipped with IR . The FL-18 has LP mode for shallow fishing and BL mode for use in a boat. The FL-18 has the iceducer and the LX-3 an arm. Vexilar offers many accessaries for the FL's and Marcum doesn't as of yet. Another big concern will be durability and customer service - which Vexilar is known for.  Good luck!
Those who are brave are free ..

flydunker

Re: vex 18 or marcum lx3
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2003, 02:58 AM »
Would you be interested in selling the FL8? If so I would like top talk with you about purchasing it.

Flydunker

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.