Author Topic: FL-18 Software Update  (Read 2773 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
FL-18 Software Update
« on: Nov 14, 2002, 10:34 AM »
Vexilar had an issue with the software for the Auto Zoom on the fl-18's.Under certain conditions it won't give accurate readings.This only applies to FL-18's with serial #192500 or below.If the unit had the upgrade it will have V-2 near the serial #.If you contact Vexilar you pay shipping to them and they repair and ship back no charge.  LoneWolf
Those who are brave are free ..

tazman769

Re: FL-18 Software Update
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2002, 06:27 AM »
i just wanted to thank you for this post. as soon as i read this i emailed vexilar , and found out that my locator which i just bought is one with the problem .i am posting what they told me.if your fl-18 serial number is less then 192501 and there is no v2 marking on the back of it , we have newer software code available. the new code solves a situational problem with bottom content and or targets in the area. under certain coditions, the bottom reading  on the zoom will jump up some distance everything still works except the zoom zone becomes smaller  the unit may correct itself or you may need to turn it off and then on again to reset it . so far ,this appears to be phenomenon specific to certain soft/hard layered bottoms or very weedy or very rocky conditions. the az may act up in one spot ,but work perfectly in another .i live close to there service dept. and i will be taken mine in to get the software up grade . here is the address if anyone else is intersted . vexilar,inc attn fl18 update
200 w 88th st #10 mlps mn 55420 they also told me that if i bring it in . it will tak about 5 mins to fix . hope this helps someone . good luck and safe ice fishing to all   :)

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
Re: FL-18 Software Update
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2002, 06:47 AM »
I'm just glad the post helped-especially before the season!
LoneWolf
Those who are brave are free ..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.