New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1339152 times)

Offline matthews88

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #630 on: Feb 12, 2013, 07:27 PM »
Hows the perch bite on harris bay heard before it was hot looking to head up thurs 2.45 min drive just dont want to make the trip if it has died off thanks

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whose idea was this anyway?
« Reply #631 on: Feb 12, 2013, 07:36 PM »
The other guys can speak for themselves.  Me, I have two jobs.  One of them is ten hour days with 3 days off and the other one involves a two hundred mile commute each weekend.
[/quote  I got no job,retired. I got a 3 and a half hr. commute to get to my place in Altmar and another 2 and a half hrs to get over to see how you are doing grasshopper. Hope to see you next weekend Cory.
Sounds good, just give me a shout with the details.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #632 on: Feb 12, 2013, 07:41 PM »
I'm lucky enough to have a wife with a good job and long commute.  As long as house is clean, chores are done, and dinner's ready, I'm a free man.

i'm just a gigolo .....   ;D
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #633 on: Feb 12, 2013, 07:50 PM »
           Well I took early retirement so I can hunt & fish & be young enough & in shape to do so. :thumbsup:
I got 5 years till retirement and thats what i hope is that im still in shape enough to make the treck.

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #634 on: Feb 12, 2013, 09:28 PM »
I got 5 years till retirement and thats what i hope is that im still in shape enough to make the treck.

I work at a golf course so i have no job for a while.... FISH EVERYDAY... i dont have a boat so i can only fish the good spots in the winter i mean come on ice fishing is all around the best past time...

PICKED UP 30-40 CIGGERETTE BUTTS AT HUDDLE TODAY.... PEOPLE PICK UP YOUR G DAM TRASH...

btw huddle bay had like 7 inches today it was a nice day a but windy but we did ok with the perch..

Offline NYJigger72

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #635 on: Feb 12, 2013, 09:58 PM »
Headed to LG on Thursday am for the first time. Staying the weekend. Any info would be a help.
Going in blind.
Won't be the first time. Hope it's as good as everyone says.

Stay safe

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #636 on: Feb 12, 2013, 10:33 PM »
Headed to LG on Thursday am for the first time. Staying the weekend. Any info would be a help.
Going in blind.
Won't be the first time. Hope it's as good as everyone says.

Stay safe

what type of info?

Offline captin bill

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #637 on: Feb 13, 2013, 03:34 AM »
Stay away from the access to dunams bay under the road almost bought the farm on sunday :o :o! Lucky someone pulled me out with an auger. Broke the cardinal rule and planned on going solo, this is a tricky lake and a weird ice season. BUDDY UP!! I followed tracks left 5 min. before, he made it :unsure: Temp below zero and made that trek before no problem.

Offline Icefishin Wizz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lurker for Life
« Reply #638 on: Feb 13, 2013, 06:31 AM »
Stay away from the access to dunams bay under the road almost bought the farm on sunday :o :o! Lucky someone pulled me out with an auger. Broke the cardinal rule and planned on going solo, this is a tricky lake and a weird ice season. BUDDY UP!! I followed tracks left 5 min. before, he made it :unsure: Temp below zero and made that trek before no problem.

I've gone through there in the morning and found it to be unsafe upon my return. You have detour and make the drag through the weeds and up the rip rap to get accross to the lot. How deep is the water under the bridge?

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my fish was bigger than yours
« Reply #639 on: Feb 13, 2013, 06:43 AM »
its 5-6 foot under the bridge. its unsafe because of the salt that drips down onto the ice right there. i dont advise anyone to travel under a main road bridge cause they get hit heavey with salt. stay safe guys!

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #640 on: Feb 13, 2013, 07:54 AM »
its 5-6 foot under the bridge. its unsafe because of the salt that drips down onto the ice right there. i dont advise anyone to travel under a main road bridge cause they get hit heavey with salt. stay safe guys!
X1,000,000 Combsey's got his own story of going through right there. I'm pretty sure Dfuller went through there years ago too.
 Way too many stories of close calls there.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #641 on: Feb 13, 2013, 09:36 AM »
Someone drowned there a few years back when their snowmobile went through there under the bridge at night.

Offline jstumbaugh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #642 on: Feb 13, 2013, 09:45 AM »
Hows the hill and the ice at hearthstone? Any perch around there or just deep water? Pm me if needed. Thank you.

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #643 on: Feb 13, 2013, 10:18 AM »
Hows the hill and the ice at hearthstone? Any perch around there or just deep water? Pm me if needed. Thank you.
Was there Monday and they were plowing the whole park right down to the beach. A sherriff car made it down and up. He passed me as i was walking up the hill. Don't knoe bout perch i was laker fishing. got 2

Offline tonebea

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #644 on: Feb 13, 2013, 10:19 AM »

I fished a couple weeks ago so I don't know how the hill is. There was 5" of ice at the time so there should be more by now. I got into some nice perch in the bay on the left as you get on the ice but they shut down around 9:00.

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #645 on: Feb 13, 2013, 10:22 AM »
Question for all you laker jiggers.  What type line do you spool your reel with and lb test?  Thanks

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #646 on: Feb 13, 2013, 10:24 AM »
Question for all you laker jiggers.  What type line do you spool your reel with and lb test?  Thanks

I use 6lb fireline, but 8lb-10lb mono works better if you don't fish inside a shelter.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #647 on: Feb 13, 2013, 11:19 AM »
Really, didn't know you went down that light, interesting.  I use a braid for mainline but went up from 8# to 12# test fluoro for a leader. I seem to get nicks in the line from rubbing the ice so I bumped it up.  I don't think I've had a decrease in fish caught or looks since I went up in line, but something else for me to think about now.

I like the six pound fireline for a number of reasons.  It is plenty strong.  The 6lb has an actual 10lbs+ of breaking strength.  it has a smaller diameter, which means its a little more sensitive, i can fit more on a spool, and it cuts through the water better.  Also, i use the same reels open water, and the 6lb fireline casts ALOT better than 8lb fireline.  I don't notice much more abrasion with the 6lb over 8lb.  For leader I'm using 10lb seaguar flouro.

Offline ATRAIN44

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #648 on: Feb 13, 2013, 11:53 AM »
Brother in law has an uncle who has a house on the lake.  Based on it's location we would be fishing out in front of Camp Gingachkook on the east side by Pilot Knob.  I know very little about this lake and I was wondering if someone could give me any info. on ice conditions or fishing in that area.  If you do not want to share openly I understand but please PM me.  My daughter and nephew want to go, but safety is obviously my first priority. Thanks for any help!
Women love me.....fish fear me!!!

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #649 on: Feb 13, 2013, 11:54 AM »
Brother in law has an uncle who has a house on the lake.  Based on it's location we would be fishing out in front of Camp Gingachkook on the east side by Pilot Knob.  I know very little about this lake and I was wondering if someone could give me any info. on ice conditions or fishing in that area.  If you do not want to share openly I understand but please PM me.  My daughter and nephew want to go, but safety is obviously my first priority. Thanks for any help!

Well this weekend is going to be tough there, as there is a huge tournament going on out of there.

Offline ATRAIN44

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #650 on: Feb 13, 2013, 12:08 PM »
Ok thanks.  I don't think it would be until next Friday!
Women love me.....fish fear me!!!

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #651 on: Feb 13, 2013, 12:46 PM »
Ok thanks.  I don't think it would be until next Friday!

shoot me a pm :tipup:

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #652 on: Feb 13, 2013, 03:24 PM »
Well this weekend is going to be tough there, as there is a huge tournament going on out of there.
Thanks bigred! I planned to fish near there this weekend.
Dem plans changin' now! ;D
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline binkerboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #653 on: Feb 13, 2013, 03:37 PM »
I was up a couple weekends ago when the main lake froze, it blew open from foot of tongue south after the rains and wind.
I was wondering if the main part re-froze last week prior to the snow? Can you get out from Sawmill or Shelving Rock up into Narrows yet?

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #654 on: Feb 13, 2013, 03:39 PM »
Thanks bigred! I planned to fish near there this weekend.
Dem plans changin' now! ;D

Always glad to give a heads up :tipup:

Offline catchnofishthisisfun

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #655 on: Feb 13, 2013, 04:15 PM »
anyone drive thru hague today? I know the main lake was frozen this past sunday but i'm wondering about the bays are they still 5-7" thick?  Friends pt south was open as of last weekend. Does anyone fish Lake Rd. just south of bolton? What's the ice like there any luck? PM me or open forum message if you feel comfortable.. Thx

Steve
"One fish. Two fish. Red fish. Blue fish. Black fish. Blue fish. Old fish. New fish. This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of fish there are."  Dr. Seuss

Offline barone30

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #656 on: Feb 13, 2013, 04:15 PM »
hows the ice by MDB and along the village? Any reports on fishing as well?

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #657 on: Feb 13, 2013, 04:56 PM »
anyone fishing the tourney this weekend?

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #658 on: Feb 13, 2013, 05:32 PM »
I might actually do the tourney. 
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #659 on: Feb 13, 2013, 05:51 PM »
that's a good call jon. Iv noticed the same thing and its definitely worth taking a minute to take care of it before fishing other waters. With that said, I probably wont fish anywere else this ice season. Stripers are right around the corner and once im done with lake George the boat gets prepped and the striper addiction takes place.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.