Author Topic: Mark your tipups.  (Read 8650 times)

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
Re: Mark your tipups.
« Reply #30 on: Nov 08, 2006, 06:42 PM »
no need for that here in pa!! ;D

Offline bmann

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Marcum then Catchem
« Reply #31 on: Nov 08, 2006, 07:03 PM »
I worry about people seeing my portable shelter. The sleds fly by very close and when you are in the tent, you think they are going to drive right thru. 

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Nov 08, 2006, 08:29 PM »
Not, really sure on this one!  ??? I, would like to think, that WI. is pushing for a 200 ft. barrier between everybody on public water! Summer or Winter!!  ;)  Shoreline, dock, tip-up, jet-ski, kid's in a tube, shack, swimmers, and anybody else!  The list, could go on for ever !! If , theire's something is in front of you first, give them a 200 ft. berth!  :)  :) Small or restricted areas, NO WAKE! or 5 M.P.H.!  ;D  ;D Make a law, Plain and Simple!  :)

Offline eyehunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Nov 08, 2006, 09:52 PM »
I use a three foot fiberglass rod painted the end blaze orange and tied a orange ribbon on the end,works good

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Nov 09, 2006, 08:06 PM »
Wouldn't it be sweet, NO JETSKI'S, within 200 ft. of each other!  :callcops: :callcops: No speeding snowmobile's!  >:(   Tear up the whole lake, over there!!!!  ;)  They have the right to enjoy there sport!

Offline cnyfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta love the perch fillets!!
« Reply #35 on: Nov 20, 2006, 02:35 PM »
Wouldn't it be sweet, NO JETSKI'S, within 200 ft. of each other!  :callcops: :callcops: No speeding snowmobile's!  >:(   Tear up the whole lake, over there!!!!  ;)  They have the right to enjoy there sport!
it would be sweet to have space like that... but the cops are going to be quite busy to enforce it :flex:
"Let them take it... till the minnows good and took. Ya reel up all your slack, then ya set your hook."

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Nov 28, 2006, 09:45 PM »
200 ft. BERTH! Must be sailor talk?

Offline TROUTHUNTER35

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Nov 29, 2006, 11:29 AM »
I use a 1 x 2 and wrap some reflective tap around the top of mine. that way at night i can find them easily and so snowmobilers or four wheelers can see them with there head lights. If people keep hitting them than i make a little adjustment what i put around the tip-ups. And ruin there property instead of them thinking they own the hole lake, but it wakes them up and especially those kids that dont have any respect for anyone on the ice! I shouldn't really do that but i dont feel like replacing ten beavers dams a year.

Reflective tape is a really good idea!! I may be trying that out this winter.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #38 on: Nov 29, 2006, 11:32 AM »
Reflective tape is a really good idea!! I may be trying that out this winter.
I used to put that on my mail box so plow wouldnt hit it    lol   think it just made a better target to line up on   lol
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Feb 25, 2007, 11:49 AM »
The markers saved the day again, twice so far this year!!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline putback

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Feb 27, 2007, 04:49 PM »
If you know someone working for a phone or cable company, they can get you some small marker flags. About 1/8" dia fiberglass rod 2ft tall topped with sm orange flag. Bundle of a dozen small and lite, do the job.

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Feb 27, 2007, 07:23 PM »
putback! That's a great idea! For portables!

Offline Wolf Point

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Wolf Point Lodge, Crane Lake, MN
« Reply #42 on: Mar 01, 2007, 09:49 AM »
Following on some of the ideas already mentioned here, I found 4' fluorescent green fiberglass rods at Lowe's that come with the top 8" rapped with reflective tape. They run about 2.00 each and are in the mail box/house-for-sale section. I added a 2" x 4" flag of reflective red/whit/red/white tape on top of each stick, and covered the reflective tape with a 3M clear heavy duty packing tape to increase the flag durability. They work great, their light weight, and they really help locate the traps after dark.
Wolf Point

Offline esox13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Mar 14, 2007, 05:15 PM »
I use soccer cones with reflective tape around the top 1/3 and have yet to have a problem. I also put a strip of reflective tape along the sides of my tip ups I fish at night with.

This year I bought 3 new Arctic Fisherman (Beaver Dam) Illuminator tip ups. There is reflective material sewn into the flag and the board is finished with a material that allows the board to glow green at night so it is easily seen. It "charges" with a light source - same concept as glow jigs. The longer the boards are exposed to light - the longer they will glow.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.