New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: NFTA small boat harbor buffalo  (Read 21226 times)

Offline AON09

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: NFTA small boat harbor buffalo
« Reply #90 on: Jan 20, 2015, 07:25 PM »
Hows the ice near the end of freezer queen? Seen guys there sunday was thinking about moving out there. Has anyone ever caught a smallie through the ice inside the harbor or out around the inner harbor?

Offline clammule

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #91 on: Jan 20, 2015, 10:29 PM »
Caught a 2 lb smallie on Satuday near the pipes . SBH is like a box of chocolates-never know what your gonna get!

Offline Bear Lake Bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #92 on: Jan 20, 2015, 11:10 PM »
 :tipup:

THAT comment was great and so very true. I used to say almost the same thing about the Foot Of Michigan Avenue in the slips near Bison Rod and Gun Club in the shadow of the old Pier Restaurant area. This area is overlooked today, even by those ice fishermen looking for new fishing grounds. I can also say the same thing about the slips where the OLD CRYSTAL Beach  Boat restoration was taking place. When I go Urban Fishing, these are places I go as a change of space,  as long as the ice is safe

Offline AON09

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #93 on: Jan 21, 2015, 12:41 AM »
Ik theres a lot of smallies in the area just never heard or seen anyone catch one

Offline thumbburn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #94 on: Jan 21, 2015, 07:11 AM »
might try there tomorrow

Offline AON09

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #95 on: Jan 21, 2015, 01:01 PM »
Anyone ever try the night bite for Calicos in the Ship Canal or SBH? Iv had decent luck during the day with them thought about trying it at night?

Offline Prchmike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #96 on: Jan 21, 2015, 01:09 PM »
Anyone ever try the night bite for Calicos in the Ship Canal or SBH? Iv had decent luck during the day with them thought about trying it at night?
Hey buddy I have tried the union at nite but just got some real big rockbass.
Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it...

Offline AON09

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #97 on: Jan 21, 2015, 01:16 PM »
Hey buddy I have tried the union at nite but just got some real big rockbass.
Iv never heard of anyone trying it and thought of trying to do something different. Which I may try this week

Offline icedogger17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #98 on: Jan 21, 2015, 01:53 PM »
Fished 10-130 caught alot of perch and gills only kept 5. Also caught a nice 4 pound catfish

Offline Bbrown24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #99 on: Jan 22, 2015, 10:11 AM »
Out here at the small boat harbor using shiners and mousies on a small jig havent caught a thing. My flasher shows fish all over the place but only pulled out a dinker so far. What am i doin wrong?
Empire State Fishing

Offline richanddeesherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #100 on: Jan 22, 2015, 10:20 AM »
Has the water clear up more and is the any snow on ice

Offline Bbrown24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #101 on: Jan 22, 2015, 11:18 AM »
Not much snow. Perfect conditions. Fish just arent biting.
Empire State Fishing

Offline icedogger17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #102 on: Jan 22, 2015, 12:23 PM »
Caught 132 fish between 2 of us. Few decent sized but put all them back today. All perch and blue gill other than another catfish

Offline mpike2day

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #103 on: Jan 22, 2015, 12:23 PM »
Out here at the small boat harbor using shiners and mousies on a small jig havent caught a thing. My flasher shows fish all over the place but only pulled out a dinker so far. What am i doin wrong?
What your doing wrong is fishing at sbh.

Offline Bbrown24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #104 on: Jan 22, 2015, 02:10 PM »
Haha I see that now. Will try again this weekend maybe have some better luck then.
Empire State Fishing

Offline clambaker75

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #105 on: Jan 23, 2015, 11:09 AM »
Any other good spots around Buffalo to ice fish.

Offline Brian88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #106 on: Jan 23, 2015, 12:37 PM »
Pulled out a 26in pike on monday out of the harbor. Lots of perch too but nothing really worth keeping.

Offline Bbrown24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #107 on: Jan 23, 2015, 06:11 PM »
Went to small boat harbor again today and had some better luck. Caught around 20-25 perch but only like 4 keepers. I mark fish all day just nothing of any size comes up. Anyone know of any other places around this area? I live in Cheektowaga.
Empire State Fishing

Offline 04toyota79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #108 on: Jan 23, 2015, 06:15 PM »
Bbrown24 have you tried the union ship canal? I haven't tried it yet myself but it's worth a shot. About a quarter mile south of SBH.

Offline Bbrown24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #109 on: Jan 23, 2015, 06:21 PM »
I havent but I will look into it. Has anyone ever fished Beaver Island state park??
Empire State Fishing

Offline aquaman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • This is what we do and when we do it.
« Reply #110 on: Jan 23, 2015, 06:30 PM »
Bbrown24 have you tried the union ship canal? I haven't tried it yet myself but it's worth a shot. About a quarter mile south of SBH.
yep, Been there regularly. 8 inch trophys can do the same at chat, no shot
I remember  EVERY DAY  I Hunted or Fished, .......The other days I...uh....umm.....must a did somethin, else.

Offline Bbrown24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #111 on: Jan 23, 2015, 06:36 PM »
yep, Been there regularly. 8 inch trophys can do the same at chat, no shot

Thanks for the reply but i guess i dont understand. Are you saying you did well there or not really?
Empire State Fishing

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #112 on: Jan 23, 2015, 06:45 PM »
Went to small boat harbor again today and had some better luck. Caught around 20-25 perch but only like 4 khaeepers. I mark fish all day just nothing of any size comes up. Anyone know of any other places around this area? I live in Cheektowaga.
There is Silver Lake approximately one hour East from you just off route 20A.  Honeyoe Lake is further East out route 20A.  Then there is Lime Lake out route 16 South.  Cuba Lake is also South approximately 1-1/2 hours.  Harwood and Case Lakes are reservoir down route 16 South.  And don't forget Chautauqua Lake down the Thurway.  Each one is listed on the ice-shanty and at the beginning of each site will be a map and directions

Keep on hauling
Perch Chacer

Offline clambaker75

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #113 on: Jan 23, 2015, 06:47 PM »
Going to Cuba lake tomorrow for the first time can any one tell me were a good place to start is or ice condition.

Offline aquaman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • This is what we do and when we do it.
« Reply #114 on: Jan 23, 2015, 06:51 PM »
sorry for the short talk,  the fish at the union ship canal, currently, are the same size as the boat harbor...small.   The chatauqua reference is because that lake is going thru a small fish stunted stage.8 Inchers   It gets worse  Sodus bay is going thru a regrowing stage too. Silver lake is also in question for decent size fish. 8 inch fish seem to be the rule in several of our perch factories. Lake erie should be do-able this year and may provide the nearest opportunity for jumbo perch, otherwise its off to onieda
I remember  EVERY DAY  I Hunted or Fished, .......The other days I...uh....umm.....must a did somethin, else.

Offline Bbrown24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #115 on: Jan 23, 2015, 06:57 PM »
sorry for the short talk,  the fish at the union ship canal, currently, are the same size as the boat harbor...small.   The chatauqua reference is because that lake is going thru a small fish stunted stage.8 Inchers   It gets worse  Sodus bay is going thru a regrowing stage too. Silver lake is also in question for decent size fish. 8 inch fish seem to be the rule in several of our perch factories. Lake erie should be do-able this year and may provide the nearest opportunity for jumbo perch, otherwise its off to onieda

Thanks for the great info. I appreciate it!
Empire State Fishing

Offline googan7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #116 on: Jan 23, 2015, 09:03 PM »
Its early season the big females don't move in or are there more consistent in late season essentially fishing sbh or sodus your fishing Erie or Ontario and saying that there going through a regrowing stage is nuts BC once I can get out to sturgeon I bet you I catch nothing smaller than 8 inches

Offline davile

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #117 on: Jan 24, 2015, 04:07 AM »
Clambaker go to the bend towards the res they are limiting out
On yellows .sweedish pimples #2any color they are hungry! !

Offline clambaker75

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #118 on: Jan 24, 2015, 11:33 AM »
Thanks for the info davile unfortunately I didn't get that info until I returned today it was slow all around the north end will check that spot out during the week, Thanks again   

Offline chryniewicz8888

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #119 on: Jan 28, 2015, 05:11 AM »
Gonna give her a try today me and the ol man.  He just bought a flip over wanna see how that tows with the quad.  So this way we know when and if we get out on Eire everything ready to.  Man what a difference then hauling everything on the quad.  Have a pop up to nice and roomy but on Eire for us to move takes so much time.  See y'all there today

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.