New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: NFTA small boat harbor buffalo  (Read 21196 times)

Offline Rob W

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: NFTA small boat harbor buffalo
« Reply #150 on: Mar 15, 2015, 08:06 PM »
Yeah, nice take, and I'd always love some winter walleye, but it's been to getting out to 52 FOW walking that's kinda turned me off the big lake.  If I get a snowmobile next year...

Offline fishin716

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #151 on: Mar 15, 2015, 09:22 PM »
Bigfish does your bucket say what I'm thinking it does lol

Offline steelheadman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #152 on: Mar 15, 2015, 10:38 PM »
Nice job Bigfish awesome catch

Offline steelheadman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #153 on: Mar 15, 2015, 10:57 PM »
I have had no luck on Erie this winter going to make the 2 hour drive to Chautauqua tomorrow and try I guess. Can't be any worse than the small boat has been

Offline kenkuniff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #154 on: Mar 16, 2015, 09:19 AM »
I am taking my father in law out ice fishing for the first time. I have never fished here since moving from Michigan, where I did a lot of ice fishing. Any suggestions of were to try at Small Boat Harbor? What about type of bait and we're can I buy it. Mainly looking for perch. Thanks.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #155 on: Mar 18, 2015, 11:44 PM »
I am taking my father in law out ice fishing for the first time. I have never fished here since moving from Michigan, where I did a lot of ice fishing. Any suggestions of were to try at Small Boat Harbor? What about type of bait and we're can I buy it. Mainly looking for perch. Thanks.

When I fish the SBH early I like to start at the far SE end and work my way back to the end of the long pier.  The water depth will remain about the same 6-7 ft. til you get past the pier and then it will get slightly deeper 10 ft.  At the SBH you will mainly catch small perch and gills or sunfish from 5" - 6"  you will get a few  larger ones at times.  You can get bait at the "Big Catch Bait & Tackle" 2287 Niagara Street Buffalo, N.Y. 716-877-0971. Fishermen usually use wax worms, spikes or small minnows.  But I recommend going to Chautauqua lake and fish in 30-40 FOW at either of the NY state launch sites at Pendergast Point, Long Point or Midway if you want to catch 8-10".  We did good this last weekend as well as everyone else that fished either of these sites.  We caught near a hundred perch and kept 68 for two of us.  You can start with any perch jig you have and use grubs and then change to perch eyes.  Good luck.

Offline kenkuniff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #156 on: Mar 19, 2015, 05:57 AM »
Perch Chaser. Thanks for the help. We got out and caught a lot of 4-6 inch perch. Father in law had a lot of fun. It was nice we could look right down hole and see the fish. We are going to Chautaqua Lake in Sunday like you suggest so maybe we can catch some keepers. I am sure ice will still be good since every night has still been very cold. Again much appreciated.

Offline Deadhead88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #157 on: Mar 24, 2015, 05:21 PM »
Anybody been out there lately getting close to the end I'd like to get out one more time even on the sbh I wanna use my newly bought underwater camera fl 20 combo 1 more time

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.