Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1612647 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #20850 on: Sep 20, 2020, 06:33 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....great news on your m-i-l  :flex: 

TT.....best wishes for a speedy recovery for MrsTT    :)  thanks for the tip on the carrots  ;)

H2L....good luck tonight  :flex:

Eddie......it will surely be more fun to fish with your boys than going solo  ;)2 

WS.....when does deer season open out there  ???

IFF.....hope your travels are going well  @)

OS......Gandolf forgive and forget yet  ???

IF45.....hope the unpacking is going smoothly  :)

Another frosty morning here in central NY, think this is it for awhile  :blink:  should slow the grass down anyway  :clap:  now we can get on to Indian  summer ( sorry if I offended anyone, not sure the pc term  :wacko:)
Going to try to get a few days on Lake Erie again, leaving this afternoon  :clap:  so far the forecast looks doable at least for Monday and Tuesday  ;)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20851 on: Sep 20, 2020, 06:36 AM »
32* with a slight breeze.
We had a good time at dinner last night. The wife made baked Alaska for dessert. It was VERY good.
Eddie, long range weather looks good for a fishing trip next weekend.
OldSailor, sorry to hear of your stay at the hospital. With all we have been though the last 5/6 years, I just roll with the punches now.
Thanks for the well wishes for the wife. Not sure when all this will take place, her transplant team has to be informed.
My nephew went and picked up the new bike yesterday.
Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20852 on: Sep 20, 2020, 07:52 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

55 with a steady east wind, heading to 70 later on.

Eddie I mentioned to the girls that you were talking about going to an apple orchard, they were all over that. Guess what we did yesterday  :roflmao:

IW no pictures, as I had taken the cameras down when we left last time. I put 2 more up yesterday so hopefully I will start getting some videos during the week.

WW We got our lawn mowed yesterday and like you am hoping that will be it for awhile. Glad the ride went so well and the turnout was good :thumbsup: The archery bow season has already started, however I normally start the first week or two in October.

Things at the shack were all in order. I have my main ladder stand in place but still need to brush it in. I am undecided where to put the second one and have been going back and forth. I am thinking I want it where a bigger one hung out last year. I have lost a lot of sleep at night thinking about that one.   

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20853 on: Sep 20, 2020, 09:08 AM »
WS....that one's a beauty for sure  :thumbsup:  that's where I'd be perched    :whistle:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20854 on: Sep 20, 2020, 11:39 AM »
Good day weather guessers saying the cooler weather will be here until mid. week when daily high temperatures will get into the seventies they are currently calling for a dry week. I assume if Hurricane Teddy's path comes close to the eastern coast of the U.S. things will change and i may see a day or two of rain.
OldSailor may your surgeon come up with a plan B sorry you had to go so long with out food and they did not have the proper size stints. I hope Gandalf has forgiven the two of you for leaving him home alone for such an extended period of time.
Wallyworld happy to read there was a good turn out for the benefit ride in spite of the cooler weather. Good the you can easily cover what remains of your garden to get some protection from frost.
Tomturkey thank you for the information on carrots and parsnip. I will have to take a look at store shelves here and see if pumpkin products are in limited supply.
Eddie the current system does make it difficult to get everything in place so you can visit your mother. Have a good trip with your sons next weekend current long extended forecast says it will be good weather.
Ice wanderer believe we have avoided any frost here in the Mid Hudson Valley except maybe at higher elevations. Good to hear your MIL is home from the hospital
Old Goat may you also have a good day with whatever is on your schedule. Have you heard any word from IFF about a possible meeting.
Hunts2long glad Lindsay's birthday celebration was a god time for all of you. Given all your wife has been through the past 5/6 years we realize that now even something like a tooth extraction could have serious complications for her best to all of you when her transplant team doctors give the go ahead for the operation.
Whopper Stopper enjoy the apples and any other food items you may have purchased yesterday. That is one nice looking buck may you see him again this deer hunting season.

It is going to be busy here at my complex over the next two days the roadway and parking lots are being seal coated. I need to have my vehicle moved before 8AM on Tuesday and can not return it to my parking spot until after 7 PM .
Have a good and safe Sunday. Best to those fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20855 on: Sep 20, 2020, 07:38 PM »
Been a beautiful fall weekend here at the cabin. Temps in the mid 60's with light winds and sun.
The view from my bedroom window is not too bad either.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #20856 on: Sep 21, 2020, 02:35 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 37 this am, another nice day coming with a high around 60.

Dave...now that’s a million dollar view if I ever seen one, what an awesome picture!  :bow: :clap: :thumbsup: 
  Steve...hope there is some type of parking close by the complex for you. It looks like a good week and weekend weather wise!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...that’s a beautiful buck, thanks for sharing the video! Hope you get the chance to pull back on that one...best of luck from me and the boys!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  H2...your nephew had to be pretty stoked picking up that prize!! Congratulations again to him!!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally...hope you had safe travels to Erie yesterday, best of luck getting on those walleyes today!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...sure would have been a good day to be fishing yesterday....kept thinking of that while turning over the garden yesterday, lol. When is your Maine hunting trip scheduled for?
   OG...hope you get to meet up with Bud!   :thumbsup:
   Bud...best wishes and safe travels throughout the rest of your adventure!   :thumbsup:

Got most everything completed in the garden yesterday, a few things left to do this afternoon. Back to the sidewalks again...first shift coming up. Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #20857 on: Sep 21, 2020, 04:14 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                        It's 39* and clear on my hill. ::)
                        Eddie........Working in the garden is good therapy for not fishing. :o Our Maine trip is scheduled for Nov. 4th or 5th. :flex:
                        Marv.........I'm with Wally, set up your stand where the big guy was on camera. :thumbsup:
                        Wally........I hope you and Mr. WW have a good trip to Lake Erie. :thumbsup:
                        H2l...........I would expect your nephew was happy as hell picking up the bike. :clap:
                        Dave.........I wouldn't be able to sleep if I had that view, AWESOME. :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
                        Steve........This coming week looks to have a warm up, maybe Indian summer. :whistle:
                        Yesterday I followed Eddie and cleaned up the wife's garden.

I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20858 on: Sep 21, 2020, 04:49 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

63 heading to the mid 70's today, other than wind should be a good one.

Dave, Awesome picture :thumbsup:

Eddie glad you were able to get most of the garden taken care of :thumbsup: Hard to say if the buck is still around, I can hope he is :thumbsup:

WW best of luck to you and Mr. WW on the water today :thumbsup:

I am off to do a tree job in a couple hours. I am guessing I will have a couple short days into it, I am doing a trade out for some new glasses. The trees aren't that big, just dead as a door nail.

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20859 on: Sep 21, 2020, 06:19 AM »
32* and a frost on the boat.
WS, that is one nice buck. Be safe with the trees.
Drifter, I wouldn't be able to get to sleep with that outside my window.
We took 3 of 4 points last night. I didn't bowl all that well. Two good games and a 95...lol
Have a good day and be safe....h2l

WW, hope you are onto some fish today.
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20860 on: Sep 21, 2020, 09:15 AM »
Good morning another chilly start to the day will be slightly warmer with a high in the mid. sixties thankfully we have a light wind outside currently so the windchill factor should not be to bad. So far I think over night lows have only dropped to upper thirties so we have avoided any frost.Just received two phone calls from the complex's property management company the first saying some cars needed to be moved so seal coating work could be done and if they were not move by 10 AM tow trucks would be called and the cost of towing would be paid by vehicle owner.. The second was that they are working to get the heat turned on in buildings.
Drifter thank you for the photo only on rare occasions do I get a glimpse of the Northern Lights here in South Eastern NY.
Eddie across from my complex is a parking lot for what was a medical offices building currently vacant so could park there tomorrow or park at a friend's house who lives a short distance from my condo. Around 7;30 tonight I will see if I can find an open guest spot on the other side of the complex which is getting seal coated today. Guess you will be using some of your Mason's tricks to prevent any freezing of the concrete mixture while it cures with the overnight low temperatures being close to freezing in Albany.
Ice Wanderer similar forecast for my section of NY. we might get close to eighty for a day's high temperature by weeks end. Nice good on your wife's garden.
Wallyworld may the two of you have a good day and be able to catch some of the trophy walleye that inhabit Lake Erie.
Whopper Stopper best to you with the tree job may the wind today not have the trees or you swaying to badly.
Hunts2long i hope your nephew had a good and safe trip to NH. to pick up the motorcycle. May his first ride on the bike be problem free. Better luck to you next Sunday night at the bowling alley.
IFF hope you are having a good trip . Looking forward to any photos you share with the 9:45 group.
OldSailor may all be good with your arm and it give you no problems while you wait for your doctor to come up with a plan B .
Icefisher-45 did you get some more boxes emptied this weekend and get closer to being settled into your new apartment.

Have a good Monday everyone. Stay safe and healthy.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20861 on: Sep 21, 2020, 11:18 AM »
Good Morning ER's trending warm for a week then a little cooler than average. Drifter what a nice view for you. Got to meet Bud and had a great time hanging out with him. I offered my stuff if he wanted anything; I think he has more than I do but he did get some stuff. I showed him my fishing hole for big gills nothing yet 3 inch bass and a few dink gills. I had a 3 footer on but could not land that huge lily pad. Bud has some great stories and I shared some too. Made a stop at local marina but was closed but bud got there # to see if they can lead him to part for motor. Brats for dinner later on Bud did the grilling. On another note family in NC now have the covid so more prayers if you could please. Thanks Have a good week. Good Luck fishing WW and anyone else heading out on the water. WS nice pic of the buck.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20862 on: Sep 21, 2020, 04:14 PM »
Evening all,
A quick update from Lake Erie....we suck  ::) 1 17” eye not another hit all day. Back at it in the morning.
Have a good night. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20863 on: Sep 21, 2020, 09:01 PM »
 Good evening they seal coated about half of the roadway and parking spots plus the  court yard parking lot today. Looks nice guess time will tell how long it lasts . I moved my vehicle to an open guest spot earlier in the  court yard parking lot so will not have to worry tomorrow morning.
Old Goat glad you and IFF/Bud were able to meet up and had a good time. Sorry to hear a family member has contracted Covid-19 may it only be a minor problem for them . Prayer said for all affected by this discovery.
Wallyworld  may tomorrow bring better results for the two of you.

Have a safe and good night folks.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20864 on: Sep 22, 2020, 02:37 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and calm 35 this am, warming up to 64 today.

Steve...glad you could find a safe spot at your complex to park, excellent!  :thumbsup:   We haven’t been doing anything special with the concrete yet. It’s pretty well set up by the days end and no below freezing temps in the Albany area yet.
  Wally... hope the fishing picks up today for you and Mr.WW...best of luck out there!   :thumbsup:
  OG...glad you got a chance  to meet up with Bud, awesome!!  :clap:  Will keep your family members in thoughts and prayers today, wishing them well. 
  H2...the team is off to a good start this season...even the best bowlers throw a bad game once in awhile right?  :thumbsup:
  Marv...hope the tree job went well, and today’s work goes smoothly!   :thumbsup:  Get any practice shooting in with the bow?
  Jeff...nice job on the garden! Couldn’t agree more on the gardening being good therapy...it was a really great learning tool for my grandchildren this season as well.  :thumbsup:
   I-45...hope you’re all settled in at the new homestead!   :thumbsup:

Had another good day on the sidewalks yesterday, trucks were on time and no issues with the neighborhood, lol.  Started off wearing a heavy hoodie in the morning, down to a T-shirt by late morning...beautiful working weather, more of the same today!  Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20865 on: Sep 22, 2020, 04:51 AM »
Good morning Eddie! good morning everyone :bow:

60 heading to 80 later today with some sunshine :thumbsup:

Eddie glad to read sidewalk detail went well. Sure is nice when everything goes as scheduled and no one gets mugged ;D

OG prayers and best wishes sent to your family :thumbsup:

WW better luck on the water today, I predict the stars will align :clap:

I was able to put a dent in things yesterday at my tree job. I am doing a trade out with my eye Dr. The trees are bigger than I like, but all are dead oaks which I will put straight into my wood pile. I am guessing a couple more days before I wrap it up.

Hope everyone has a good day. Enjoy the start of fall :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #20866 on: Sep 22, 2020, 05:17 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Marv, ER's,
                             It's 41* and clear here on my hill, so far this weeks weather is awesome. ::)
                             Eddie........I'm glad to read that the sidewalk work is going smoothly :thumbsup: :flex:
                             Marv.........Thats a nice trade, You cut his trees get a new pair of glasses and you even get the wood. :thumbsup: :clap: :flex:
                             OG...........Sounds like you and Bud had a good time together. :thumbsup: Prayes to your family stricken with Covid. :thumbsup:
                             Wally........Not everyday is a good catching day, I hope today goes better for you and Mr. WW. :flex:
                             Bud..........I hope you are having a good trip? ???
                             Steve....... How much notice time did the complex give? ??? I'm glad you got your car moved. :clap:
                             I-45.........Are you all settled in your new place? :unsure:
                             Today a freind and I are going to the stone quarry to get a Brymar trailer loadf of shoulder stone to touch up my driveway. Then some
                     more winter ready work around my place.
                             I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20867 on: Sep 22, 2020, 06:07 AM »
33* and the sun just popped over the hill.
WW, it can only get better. Good Luck.
Eddie, this whole week looks like good weather.
Weather looks so good, the wife wants the front door painted.
Have a good day a stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20868 on: Sep 22, 2020, 07:34 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Thanks for praying for family members. Watching news last night a 11 yr. old girl got a 700 lb. bear which might be a new WI record.  Hope all have a great day.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #20869 on: Sep 22, 2020, 07:42 AM »
Dang, that's a big Yogi!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20870 on: Sep 22, 2020, 07:55 PM »
Evening all,

Tonight’s update....11 eyes !!! Hoping the wind forecast is wrong for tomorrow so we can hit it again !!

OG....sorry to hear about the COVID hitting home, thoughts and prayers sent.

Have a good night. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20871 on: Sep 23, 2020, 02:27 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  50 with a light breeze this am,  high of 66 today.

Wally. ..congratulations on yesterday's catch, hope the wind isn't too bad for a repeat today...best of luck!     :clap: :thumbsup:
  OG. ..wow, that's one heck of a bear!!   :bow:  Amazed an 11 year old can hunt there!
  H2....hope the painting is going well. ...any fishing plans this week?   :thumbsup:
  Jeff....hope the stone work went well yesterday and you over work your arm.  :thumbsup:  Taking the pontoon out this weekend?
  Marv... :roflmao: :clap:...every day without a confrontation down there is a good day,  lol.  Glad the tree job is going well. ..good barter!   :thumbsup:

Not much to add here on my end, still plugging along on the concrete.  Heard it mentioned yesterday that this project is also running out of budget $$.... :cookoo:    Cawfee's on!
  Have a great day all, be safe,  best of luck to those fishing. & hunting!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20872 on: Sep 23, 2020, 03:28 AM »
Good Morning ER's  thanks for prayers for family members in NC. Yogi bear came in at 720 dressed. There are pic on web already. Theres something about skull measurements that weigh in somehow on records I think. The gun used looked cool. WW great catch for you and Mr. WW I hope you get the repeat today. Eddie have a good day at work; hope the funding doesn't put your crew on hold. Hope all have a great day.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20873 on: Sep 23, 2020, 03:52 AM »
He's Bacccccck !  16 HR behind the wheel, now for a much needed nap, will catch up later....That is if I can see straight. LOL
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #20874 on: Sep 23, 2020, 04:15 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                             It's 50* here on my hill, what great weather this week. ::)
                             Eddie........I think there will be budget problems for a while, pandemic caused them. :whistle: Glad the work is going smoothly. :flex:
                             OG...........Now, That's a big Bear. :woot:
                             Bud..........Welcome home, get some rest. :blink:
                             Wally.........Now that's a good day of catching, good job. :thumbsup: :clap: :bow:
                             Marv.........I hope the tree job is going well. :thumbsup:
                             The stone job went well yesterday, then we moved a pile of topsoil from my driveway.
                             This morning I have an appointment at the "VA" for yearly check on my shoulder replacement, the therapy this afternoon.
                             I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20875 on: Sep 23, 2020, 05:27 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

64 heading to the mid 80's today, with sunshine.

Bud I bet you are beat, pleasant dreams.

Eddie stands to reason just when you are enjoying the new scenery they threaten they pull the plug ;D  Hope you and the crew have a productive and safe day :thumbsup:

IW hope the Dr. visit goes well, as well as the therapy session :thumbsup: My barter was actually for 2 pair of glasses. I had gotten some prescription sunglasses earlier this year.

WW congratulations on an excellent day :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I am back to my tree job today and should be able to finish it off. Yesterday I quit early as the heat started getting the best of me. The only part of it I underestimated was the amount of wood. I should have another cord and a half to add to my pile once I am all done and it's split and stacked.

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20876 on: Sep 23, 2020, 05:41 AM »
49* and it looks like another nice day on the way.
IFF, had to be good to put the head down and shut the eyes.
WW, a good day on the water, keep it going.
OG, hope everyone is doing OK. That was one big bear.
WS, it was always nice when the last piece of firewood was stacked
IW, good luck with the VA.
Everyone have a good hump day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20877 on: Sep 23, 2020, 09:49 AM »
Dang OG, that's a big blackie. Saw one that size once in Northern BC. Hopefully the Rona is a mild case.
Bud I routinely do 16 hour days when driving across the country. I really enjoy it. Tunes cranked, open road. :)
Marv have fun painting.
IW good luck with your appointments.
Eddie want to come up and concrete my cabin basement once I remove the granite?  ;D

Had to go into town for more tests yesterday for issues caused by my own case of the Rona.
It was super foggy and I had to instrument navigate down the lake.
This is the boat launch.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20878 on: Sep 23, 2020, 11:43 AM »
Broadcasting live from the shop...

Dave...as long as we aren't gonna work through lunch like here today!!  :roflmao: :thumbsup:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20879 on: Sep 23, 2020, 01:55 PM »
Marv, nothing 6 hrs of sleep didn't cure.  Sorry for not aligning stars, to navigate your direction, but got word the store is in dire straights, Lacking help.  Think I better squeeze in a trip to my home lake, or the open water will be gone before I know it.  As if I really give a R.A.  :whistle:

Dave, yup, I activated Sirus Radio, what a joke that turned out to be.  Not as advertised.  Soon as I post this I will be canceling that.  That's one peaceful picture btw.

OG, another yup same thing happened when I meet up with Esox_Etm He had to listen, then share fishing story's as well, and go figure, most were true  :roflmao:  Any more news on the family "Rona" Prayers, they can beat it and send it on its way.

Jeff:  I think by the time I get close to caught up here, it will no doubt be pillow time.

Laundry time.

Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.