Author Topic: Pistakee Lake info  (Read 665 times)

Offline ajhallfr

• IceShanty Rookie
Pistakee Lake info
« on: Jan 20, 2014, 06:31 PM »
I'm looking to try a new lake out, and pistakee seems like it's the winner. I'm curious about lake access. It seems a lot of people go out from oak park. Is there a fee to park here (if so about how much), and is there any other access? Also, I'm not going to ask for anyone's secret spot, but is there perhaps a certain depth of water I should be looking for? I don't much care what I catch, I'm just looking to have a good time.

Thanks for any info

Offline Cranked

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Pistakee Lake info
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2014, 07:57 PM »
It's either 3 or 5 bucks. It's been a while since I've been there.
Keep searching depths. I've had some good luck in the 6ft range for gills but it can change in an instant.

Offline ultraguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2014, 05:26 AM »
When you walk out onto the ice from Pak Park go to your right and walk down about 5 houses. You will find 20+fow. try there.

Offline ajhallfr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2014, 08:38 AM »
Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated. If I were to show up to Oak Park before they open is it acceptable to pay when you get off the ice? I know certain areas have certain etiquette and I don't want to do something I'm not supposed to.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2014, 01:23 PM »
Sure is
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline Tubes77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2014, 09:03 PM »
It's pretty much the honor system there.  They don't have anyone out checking (at least that I've ever seen).  I've went in with some guys after and had lunch, then when I told them I needed to pay to park also, they said just keep it.  The only downside is that it is not very big so on the weekends it can fill up kinda fast.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.