Author Topic: Amped outdoors charger  (Read 2407 times)

Offline Mchmss

• IceShanty Rookie
Amped outdoors charger
« on: Jan 15, 2020, 07:27 PM »
Just got a new lifepo4 battery and the charger. There are 2 LED's on the charger. One says full and one says charging. When I first plugged in the charger it has the "full" led lit up green. After connecting to the battery the full led changes to red.

What does this mean. The "charging" led has stayed off the whole time.

When I connected the battery to my helix it read 12.6 volts indicating it wasn't at full charge?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
Re: Amped outdoors charger
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2020, 07:45 PM »
12.6 could be a full charge.

Not quite sure on the actual charger and the lights.

Try to run your finder with battery to discharge it. Maybe an hr or 2. Then hook back up to charger and see if the charging light comes on.

My lithium ion nocqua battery is 12.7 at a full charge. Drops to about 11.7 volts after about 7 hrs.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline GenaVorn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2020, 09:45 PM »
Had similar experience with Amp Outdoors battery and charger . You have to leave it for charging   until light will change for green when battery have a full charge. 14.4 V was read on my unit after full charge.Charger become very hot during the charging .

Offline kpmswi

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2020, 11:48 PM »
Yes, leave it charging until light turns green again. It will be over 13.5 volts

Offline Hawks222

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2020, 05:58 AM »
Same thing happened with me. I emailed company and asked. There’s only one light. It’ll turn from red to green when it’s charged.

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2020, 07:11 AM »
When you hook the wires to the battery it will show green, then when you plug the charger into the wall receptacle  it will show red until when it is fully charged, then it will show green.  Your charger is fine, that is the way they work.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2020, 07:45 AM »
Yeah, my battery box with three 20ah batts from AO shows 13.8 volts when I charge with the 10amp charger.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.