Author Topic: Jet Sled or Jet Sled Jr Questions?  (Read 2026 times)

Offline Charman03

• Team IceShanty Regular
Jet Sled or Jet Sled Jr Questions?
« on: Dec 24, 2004, 10:11 AM »
How do you guys keep your buckets from falling all over the place in your sleds?  I saw the one guys pic where he inserted some eye bolts and used a bungee rope.  Will the jet sleds hold up if I drill a hole for the screw, or will they crack?  Anyone try this or have any tips for me to keep my gear from sliding around so much?

Thanks

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Jet Sled or Jet Sled Jr Questions?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2004, 10:22 AM »
I tried it and it does work just be carefull if you are towing behind a  snow machine if the sled flips your bucket gets dragged along with all your rods in it   :%$#!:

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2004, 11:05 AM »
You shouldn't have an issue with the sled cracking.  I would bring the sled inside and let it warm up before drilling.  Don't use the srew in type of I-bolts, get the ones that use a bolt on the back side.  Good Luck
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline Pats

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2004, 11:33 AM »
I use a thin piece of plywood and cut a 5 gallon bucket in half .Cut 3 tabs in the bottom of top piece and bolt that to the plywood on center.Bait bucket fits in snug. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Jimmy The Jigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2004, 12:12 PM »
I carry 2-5 gal. pails in the back of my jet sled.I put them right against the back,and I bolted a 1X2 board across the top in front of the bukets.this holds them firmly in place against the back of the sled.(and the wood doesnt take up much space)

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2004, 02:25 PM »
I use PVC drainage pipes (4"?) in old milk crates. I think I can fit 12 perfectly in one, and HT Polar tipups fit great in them. Nothing slides around, and hooks never get tangled. For poles, use one foot of 1/2-3/4 " PVC pipe and attach it to the crates, or try to squeeze them in between the tipup holders. Works great for me! ;)

Offline MikeVT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2004, 12:35 PM »
I put an old plastic milk carton ( the kind that holds 4 - 1 gallon containers) in my sled - also makes a handy seat if you forget yours at home.  This prevents my bait bucket from spilling.
A bent rod is a good rod!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.