Author Topic: Darkhouse spearing  (Read 930 times)

Offline AKFISHRIPPER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LIFE=FISHING
Darkhouse spearing
« on: Nov 27, 2008, 10:53 AM »
 ??? I went to sportsmans the other day and they want $82 for a spear so I built myself a spear the other day out of a piece of black 3/4in pipe and two 4 point spear heads I got from B&J's, the total cost was $16.  I want to get out and try this pike spearing that I hear people talking about.  If anyone has some experience or some good recommendations let me know.  I think we will be trying Memory lake to start off with.   
U give a man a fish, u feed him for a day....I teach a man to fish.HE CATCHES ALL THE FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline catchumall

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • God bless the USA and Canada!
Re: Darkhouse spearing
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2008, 12:20 PM »
When I was spearing pike I had the best luck using a decoy that was about six or eight inches long with a white body and a red head.  It never seemed to change over the years it was always the most consistent.
Bob

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Me and my fishing buddy
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2008, 01:33 PM »
If anyone has some experience or some good recommendations let me know.  I think we will be trying Memory lake to start off with.   

Going to Memory Lake on Friday, and Lower Fire Lake on Sunday.  Look for a green qwick fish 3 shanty w/ a big block of ice outside the door, my names Kory. I'll show you what I know.

Here's a good site w/ some info:
http://wiktel.net/fishspearing/images/darkhouse.pdf

Offline AKFISHRIPPER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LIFE=FISHING
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2008, 07:52 PM »
Going to Memory Lake on Friday, and Lower Fire Lake on Sunday.  Look for a green qwick fish 3 shanty w/ a big block of ice outside the door, my names Kory. I'll show you what I know.

Here's a good site w/ some info:
http://wiktel.net/fishspearing/images/darkhouse.pdf

Cool, we will be there in the afternoon,  I will have the quickfish 6,  I guess I'll wait untill I talk to ya before I chose a spot for my hole, thanks.
U give a man a fish, u feed him for a day....I teach a man to fish.HE CATCHES ALL THE FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.