Author Topic: Fishing information  (Read 749 times)

Offline jeepsw1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Zippo Outdoor pro-staff
Fishing information
« on: Dec 03, 2006, 07:50 AM »
I have convinced my soon to be wife to take our honeymoon in Alaska.  It's a compromise, she wanted a cruise, I wanted Alaska, so we are taking an Alaskan cruise.  we will be cruising to Alaska somewhere in the Aug 9th -20th range of dates.

The sweetheart she is, she has told me I will be allowed to fish at one of our Ports of Call.  The cruise company charges anywhere between 300 to 600 for fishing excursions. Thats a little out of my price range. I am looking for information on possible places to fish within reasonable distance (walking, since i will not rent a car for a day) from one of these ports where i can get a chance to fish without paying for a guide.  Any species will do, given the dates, and best chance for species in that date range, though I would prefer to try for salmon if they are running at that time.
Also cost of permits in Alaska will be appreciated
I know there is a seperate stamp for salmon

ports of Call

Ketchikan
Juneau
Skagway
Icy Straight Point
Seward

Thanks in advance for any info

Offline FrankAk

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Fishing information
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2006, 12:34 PM »
Well if you come to port in seward how long will you stay? I would book a charter out of seward and most run about 150 for a full day of halibut/salmon/rockfish/lingcod fishing. You would be on a big boat and you could just walk right to the docks. Just an idea. Or if the silvers are in you could just fish right off the beach at seward.

Offline jeepsw1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Zippo Outdoor pro-staff
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2006, 12:51 PM »
Seward could be the final Port, depending on the actual cruise we chose, we are debating between 2....if it's the final port, i would be willing to stay an extra day to fish before flying home the next day.  Most of the time in port is arrive 8am, depart 8pm...so there is a good 9 hour block...given the time needed time to get off ship and time to get back on before departure.

Offline gokorn1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Air Traffic Controller In Training
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2006, 06:22 PM »
if your military. Theres a Military Rec. Camp in seward. 130 for an all day fishing trip. Halibut, Silvers etc
Cash Crate
Treasure Trooper

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.