Author Topic: Anorak Ice Suit  (Read 2327 times)

Offline MT_Boy

• IceShanty Rookie
Anorak Ice Suit
« on: Mar 20, 2015, 11:44 PM »
Anyone have one of these?  I know they don't float, but they look great other than that.  Reviews? Sizing? Other thoughts?
"It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care" - Peter Gibbons

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Anorak Ice Suit
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2015, 07:19 AM »
Search upper left

http://www.iceshanty.com/search/googlecs.php?cx=partner-pub-4142604719202363%3A1m5u4k-rv05&cof=FORID%3A11&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=Anorak+Ice+Suit++&sa=Search

3 of my buddies got the Sportsman Guide Parka/bibs

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/mens-guide-gear-ice-parka?a=750470

they are out of stock now but believe the set was about $ 170 ...another great option

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Svengalli

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2015, 09:57 AM »
You'll get more complete results if you search Anorakk (two K's).  The suit is fantastic and comes with the best warranty in the business.  Check out the reviews on Expedition's website, they are bang on!  The website also has a sizing chart that is correct.

Offline jamiebuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2015, 03:43 PM »
Anyone have one of these?  I know they don't float, but they look great other than that.  Reviews? Sizing? Other thoughts?

Excellent suit , worn in in minus 30 kept me warm  size wise I got a xl iam 5 10 198lbs u can layer under it and be comfy still lots of pockets and money wise for 134 can't go wrong with that deal
Team Fighting Muskrats

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #4 on: Mar 21, 2015, 03:53 PM »
Best suit I've ever owned. Very conveniently located inner and outer pockets, flaps, great zippers.  I could sleep on a glacier in a snowstorm in this suit !    ;)2

More about it here at a sponsors web site: Glen's Outdoors.     http://www.glensoutdoors.com/fishing/ice-fishing/ice-fishing-apparel/suits/expedition-anorakk-ice-fishing-suit.html

And, the manufacturer :   https://www.expeditionoutdoors.com/expedition-anorakk-suit/

All your questions will be answered, MT_Boy.     (Great price at Glen's)     ;)2

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2015, 12:13 AM »
They look nice but I'd rather spend a few extra bucks to get a suit that floats.

Offline boder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 22, 2015, 09:32 PM »
That anorakk suit is really nice. My dad just got one this year. Awesome product for the price, and much better then the suit i have from the sportsman's guide.

Offline feklar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 24, 2015, 10:34 PM »
I bought one, here are my thoughts even though I only have one season on it

No flotation, I didn't want it. 

I bought mediums, the shoulder straps for the bibs portion don't go short enough.
I wish the zipper on the bibs went higher up closer to the hip so I could put them off/on without removing my boots at the same time.

Too many pockets.  I never thought I would say that.  I think I'll lose things in the coat.  I do like the big billow pockets to warm my hands in.

I love the hood, it has the right amount of coverage and visibility.
I wish the coat  had a zip in/out liner.
Love the kneepads, my old bibs (Columbia waterfowl hunting) didn't  and I never realized how handy they are.
Wish the bibs had different style of pocket.  I wear the bibs much more frequently than the jacket.

Offline Foosty

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici.
« Reply #8 on: Mar 25, 2015, 04:38 AM »
I watched for sales, and picked up a set of Striker Ice Hardwater.  Love them, very warm, quality seems great. the bibs were 129, jacket was 139, and they float!
!!!FISH ON!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.