New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: New York IS Gathering 2012!!!  (Read 21122 times)

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Re: New York IS Gathering 2012!!!
« Reply #360 on: Feb 25, 2012, 09:06 AM »
No I will bring the ramps this time lol
Or you could bring Chuck Norris....
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #361 on: Feb 25, 2012, 10:04 AM »
     So I got the truck loaded. Both 22 gallon gas tanks are filled. :o should be on the road by 1:30-2:00.   Making a stop at 307 for something's.    Anyone that want's get a hold of me feel free to give a call or text   518-692-7032.   Or if you need anything at 307 on my way up for the guys out there already. 

[img width=106 height=80]http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i336/roundlakeNY/is.png[/img

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #362 on: Feb 25, 2012, 10:28 AM »
     So I got the truck loaded. Both 22 gallon gas tanks are filled. :o should be on the road by 1:30-2:00.   Making a stop at 307 for something's.    Anyone that want's get a hold of me feel free to give a call or text   518-692-7032.   Or if you need anything at 307 on my way up for the guys out there already. 

Good luck on the ice man tonight man! I will see you guys' in the AM.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #363 on: Feb 25, 2012, 10:31 AM »

:tipup:  :tipup:  :tipup:
[img width=106 height=80]http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i336/roundlakeNY/is.png[/img

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #364 on: Feb 25, 2012, 08:49 PM »
truck is all packed the saratoga boys will be up there around 6 630 gonna be a blast. dont think iv ever had this much stuff on one trip
Cacth them by day, fillet them by night.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #365 on: Feb 25, 2012, 08:57 PM »
truck is all packed the saratoga boys will be up there around 6 630 gonna be a blast. dont think iv ever had this much stuff on one trip
Sweet man. I'll be up at about the same time.

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #366 on: Feb 25, 2012, 08:59 PM »
got the wood too might need help hauling it out... unless we just wanna head back to the truck when needed. just look for me in the blue tundra with a clam sticker. ill have my brown carhart vest and a red case hat... see ya then

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #367 on: Feb 25, 2012, 09:40 PM »
got the wood too might need help hauling it out... unless we just wanna head back to the truck when needed. just look for me in the blue tundra with a clam sticker. ill have my brown carhart vest and a red case hat... see ya then
Cool man. I drive a black Ford Escape. I'll be in green Arctic Armor.
I'll also have my girlfriend with me. You won't miss us, she's a bit taller than I.  ;D

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #368 on: Feb 25, 2012, 09:43 PM »
Hahah alright we got the nanook and possably a shappel

Offline afwrestler1986

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #369 on: Feb 26, 2012, 07:50 PM »
Had a great time meeting everyone today. Good food, good people, and fish.....ing. Great time.
[Img]http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png[img]

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #370 on: Feb 26, 2012, 07:53 PM »
Had a great time meeting everyone today. Good food, good people, and fish.....ing. Great time.

I second that emotion! Very cool! No pun intended.

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #371 on: Feb 26, 2012, 08:48 PM »
had a great trip out. had fun ate some good food and B.S.'d. seen probaly the most elusive trout caught on a tip up iv ever seen ;) ... great meeting you folk plan on doing this again. not much fish on the ice if any but fun.... thought this would be the perfect song to end the day with.....

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #372 on: Feb 26, 2012, 08:50 PM »
It was good meeting you all. I had a great time too.
Nubie or not, you are a hardcore dude for camping out in those conditions for 2 days. Much respect to you and afwrestler for sure.
Iceneck iced 2 smallies, I iced one smelt. Jimmy Claude came to fish, and fish he did! Took us to school with the dink perch when everyone else did about as poor as we could have. Had all I could do to not cut a hole on the other side of his bucket.  ;D Thank you for the tips and tricks Jimmy, seriously.
Big thanks to RounlakeNY and his old man for doing so much out there. It really helped turn it into a shindig.
I look forward to your guys' pics and videos. I'm missing my USB cable, of course. It'll be a slight delay on the pics I have.  :-\ Just be careful which one's go where.  ;)
I'm sorry, but man was I proud for pulling off that prank!  Thank you Danny for taking that one for the team, and well might I add! PPffffttt!!!! I'm going to be laughing at random over that one for a while. "Fish on!!!"  I knew I was pushing it with that one, but I hope everyone else got as much of a kick out of it as I did. I'm still apologizing to the better half for not getting her out of the shanty when I did it. Be careful snoozing when you fish with me. You never know what you're going to end up catching on a tipup.  ;) Please be careful with this one on here fellas.  ;D

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #373 on: Feb 27, 2012, 01:09 AM »
I had a good time socializing with everyone today. I came really close to getting my first skunk of the season today. Only 1 flag today but a memorable one. It was the tipup I have set up with 2 hooks about 3 feet apart to see if it is possible to get 2 perch on a single flag.

I have caught 1 perch at a time on this tipup before, but today history was made with it - I caught my first double-header   :o  :tipup: on it, so yes I proved it can be done! It is an old worn out , green tip-up that,in order to work, the flag band has to be " cocked " just right or else the flag will not release off the catch   ;)

Jamey, are you referring to dumping my beer into my minnows to see them swimming drunk, when you mentioned the prank ?  ::)
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #374 on: Feb 27, 2012, 01:17 AM »
Jamey, you made it there today by 6:30 as you said you would - 6:30 Warrensburg time ( stolen from RoundlakeNY )  ::)
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #375 on: Feb 27, 2012, 07:41 AM »
Danny, I now can say I have seen someone ice the elusive two headed trout.  An 18"er  too, according to Laura. ;)  All kidding aside, It was a great time. Hope I passed along some good tips to you guys. On our next meet you all should have those hole covers!.. I will post up some pics some time today. I will have to leave the Trout off, cause .... you know.... everyone will converge on the town looking to ice one for them selves! ;)

What happened to Russian Bear and Iceballs?
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #376 on: Feb 27, 2012, 08:08 AM »
I'm sorry Jimmy, I had to dump just one word.  ;D
Think it would have gotten us in trouble. You'll see hole covers and one or two of those deadly weapons in my sled next time.

We were missing a few that I thought were showing up, but the curveball one week prior didn't help. I hope it wasn't the weather that scared anyone off. I was stoked to actually feel winter conditions this year!

That stupid trout is on my kitchen counter next to all the left over rolls.  :o Think I'm gonna have to find a better spot for it.

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #377 on: Feb 27, 2012, 08:17 AM »
    Hey guy's I had a great time I wish we had iced a couple decent fish but danny's one fish made the whole trip worth it.  ;D

I got to give my  :bow:  to hardwaternubie  and afwrestler  those guy's toughed it out for two nights.  In some serious wind and snow.    I am feeling it today and I only spent one night.   

I agree jamey,  jimmy came to fish and fish he did.    Now I see  why ADKRoy don't want to fish with him he make's you look like a nubie  ;D.   

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #378 on: Feb 27, 2012, 08:21 AM »
    Hey guy's I had a great time I wish we had iced a couple decent fish but danny's one fish made the whole trip worth it.  ;D

I got to give my  :bow:  to hardwaternubie  and afwrestler  those guy's toughed it out for two nights.  In some serious wind and snow.    I am feeling it today and I only spent one night.   

I agree jamey,  jimmy came to fish and fish he did.    Now I see  why ADKRoy don't want to fish with him he make's you look like a nubie  ;D.   

I just can't compete against that mountain man!  (I think its his beard)
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #379 on: Feb 27, 2012, 08:40 AM »
You guys are too kind....I don't mean to suck all the Mojo out of the air :whistle:

Anyone hear how Combsie made out?

RoundlakeNY, Yeah that was me Flying by you on 87, beeping and flashing my lights.

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #380 on: Feb 27, 2012, 08:46 AM »
Yeah I saw ya,  If i keep it at 55 I can sqweak 8-10mpg out of her. lol       

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #381 on: Feb 27, 2012, 08:48 AM »
I was looking to be taught from the "SmeltMaster" Roy.  My wife was watching a cooking show Sat. night on how to pan fry Smelts....Coincidence. .. I think not! 

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #382 on: Feb 27, 2012, 08:50 AM »
Yeah I saw ya,  If i keep it at 55 I can sqweak 8-10mpg out of her. lol       

And those Grills get wings above 60!

Thanks again! You Guys did a fantastic job putting this together.

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #383 on: Feb 27, 2012, 09:02 AM »

Dfuller hard at work.

jimmy's  catches of the day,  These fish were inside out that's why they were kept.

Lunch courtesy of Prchslyr

Jimmy's Monster of the day

My base camp.

Iceneck's camp

Jimmy's camp to the left  and hardwaternubie & afwrestler to the right.

combsey

prchslyr

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #384 on: Feb 27, 2012, 09:23 AM »
yeah sorry i had to bail early  broke a tooth and the pain was rough  so im out till wednesday  :-\ were they have to do a root canal on it  not looking forward to that     anyways it was nice to put a face with some names and hope to meet up this weekend at the tourney
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #385 on: Feb 27, 2012, 09:46 AM »
Thanks for catching all those pics!
Might as well make a party out of the tourney next weekend too.
I'm down for Sunday if you guys' want to coordinate.

Hope all goes well with the tooth man. That's one type of pain that can incapacitate a dude. Relief is coming my friend.

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #386 on: Feb 27, 2012, 03:54 PM »
Here are the pics I can post......
AFWrestler
DFuller
Prchslayer
Inside RoundlakeNY's Hub... PapaRoundlakeNY, Nubie, Ms. Prchslayer
Fully catered lunch
RoundlakeNY has skills!
RoundlakeNY and Iceneck at the fire

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #387 on: Feb 27, 2012, 04:03 PM »
Stripped at the hole Again....
On the Board (Wall of Shame)
Fire Tenders
Puking perches... Yes there were perch at 55 fow!
Mr Universe
Fish On????

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #388 on: Feb 27, 2012, 04:11 PM »
The rest of the pics are of the contraversal trout... If you want, I can send them... Prchslyr, can I PM them?

Offline afwrestler1986

• Team IceShanty Regular
[Img]http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png[img]

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.