New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: New York IS Gathering 2012!!!  (Read 21146 times)

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Re: New York IS Gathering 2012!!!
« Reply #330 on: Feb 24, 2012, 05:53 AM »
Not too far out from the boat launch you hit 20-40 fow. We fished there a few years back during a contest and were catching lakers. If all goes ok, I will be there Sunday and someone can get us into jigging some smelts.
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #331 on: Feb 24, 2012, 07:00 AM »
Half mile north of the launch it is, for me. I'm heading out as soon as I can get the car loaded up.  See ya'll there!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #332 on: Feb 24, 2012, 07:03 AM »
Have a great trip guys...   Take lots of pictures......
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline afwrestler1986

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #333 on: Feb 24, 2012, 07:53 AM »
I should be there by 7 tonight if all goes well.
[Img]http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png[img]

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #334 on: Feb 24, 2012, 08:11 AM »

I will be up saturday evening at some point.         Anyone have truck's out on the ice?       
[img width=106 height=80]http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i336/roundlakeNY/is.png[/img

Offline beaver1080

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #335 on: Feb 24, 2012, 08:21 AM »
gl guys, hope you have better luck than bluemountainlaker, combsey and myself did yesterday

Offline RussianBear

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #336 on: Feb 24, 2012, 10:22 AM »
hows the weather there now?  its been raining in NYC all night/morning.

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #337 on: Feb 24, 2012, 10:34 AM »
Anybody out on the ice tonight better have your shanty chained down tight.  Wind advisory 50mph gust.      Saturday night and Sunday look's like it's going to be decent.
[img width=106 height=80]http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i336/roundlakeNY/is.png[/img

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #338 on: Feb 24, 2012, 12:26 PM »
I'm there .8miles north of the launch, middle of the lake just past the white trailer. Caution! Pressure ridges right and left about 200 yards, open water about 500 yards north of me. Look for ATV with tracks. Black portable shanty. Don't respond to this as my wife is posting for me at home. See you there!

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #339 on: Feb 24, 2012, 01:24 PM »
wow hes way north   thats a walk for anybody without wheels
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #340 on: Feb 24, 2012, 01:34 PM »
Yeah the gathering is gonna be close closer to shore.   People can fish where ever they want but I will have my shanty set up between the launch and fowler rd.  Of that little point.   I have got a few small pike and lakers from that area before.   Got to much stuff to be treking across  the lake.   I am sure prchslyr and I will find a decent spot once we get there.    Pretty sure no one will have a problem finding us.   With a table and grill all set up we will look like a base camp. lol

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #341 on: Feb 24, 2012, 01:39 PM »
I might have to bail on the over night. I'm going to have an issue getting up there at a decent hour Saturday. I'd rather not have to walk on in the dark not knowing the lake well.
If you don't see me there Saturday night I will be there by 6:30 Sunday morning. I'll have a bunch of meat and at least a bag of wood from a gas station to throw in the pile. Are you still bringing a barrel shawn?
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #342 on: Feb 24, 2012, 01:46 PM »
hey combsey    jamey said he is gonna show us what perch slaying is all about this weekend.   I was told that last weekend at brant to but  um wait all we caught was a tan.  :roflmao:   we may have to get some side bets going.   Jamey said he taught you everything you know so it should be a good battle.  But his skill was not proved to me  ;D     ok ok i will save the smack talk for the ice.     Should I  wear my cup so i am protected from the ball busting lol

Are you going to be there at normal persons time of 6:30am  or warrensburg  6:30 which in normal time is 8am    :roflmao: 

Yup i got the barrel all made up did that the other night.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #343 on: Feb 24, 2012, 03:17 PM »
Oh snap! I did in fact put a few dink perch on the ice that day.
You would have seen more than one if you weren't snoozing in the shack half the day.  ;D
I'll have the other guys keep track for me while you're sleeping. ;D It's on!
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #344 on: Feb 24, 2012, 03:25 PM »
 I guess landing anything out of brant is a feat so i :bow:   to your dink perch that you caught  " right after i left".     ;D.          With stewarts right there i should be able to funnel enough coffee into me to stay awake lol.

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #345 on: Feb 24, 2012, 04:42 PM »
Yea, I am north, but there are a lot of shanties between here and the boat launch, forcing me north. Any body needs a ride out, call me. 518-383-3549. I'll leave the phone on in the morning.

WARNING111 Encon was just here. He checked EVERYTHING1 Even called in my ATV plate number and said he would be back in the morning. Beware.

Weather report: snowing very hard with some rain mixed in.  See you in the mornimg.

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #346 on: Feb 24, 2012, 05:03 PM »
I hope someone will still be there on Sunday AM when we get there.  Lots of ice still and the shore is tight?
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline RussianBear

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #347 on: Feb 24, 2012, 05:28 PM »
Yea, I am north, but there are a lot of shanties between here and the boat launch, forcing me north. Any body needs a ride out, call me. 518-383-3549. I'll leave the phone on in the morning.

WARNING111 Encon was just here. He checked EVERYTHING1 Even called in my ATV plate number and said he would be back in the morning. Beware.

Weather report: snowing very hard with some rain mixed in.  See you in the mornimg.

Who is encon?

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #348 on: Feb 24, 2012, 05:34 PM »
dec, the men in green.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #349 on: Feb 24, 2012, 05:35 PM »
Just doing their job. if you're legal then nothing to worry about.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #350 on: Feb 24, 2012, 05:41 PM »
Everyone is still meeting sunday tho right seems like most of u are going sat...
Cacth them by day, fillet them by night.

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #351 on: Feb 24, 2012, 05:41 PM »
Sunday is the gathering so i hope someone is around.     

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #352 on: Feb 24, 2012, 05:47 PM »
Roy, I'm starting to think you are avoiding fishing with me :-\  ???.....live down the road from me and we still haven't broke ice together.... >:( ::)

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #353 on: Feb 24, 2012, 06:00 PM »
Roy, I'm starting to think you are avoiding fishing with me :-\  ???.....live down the road from me and we still haven't broke ice together.... >:( ::)

Sorry bud. just a crazy year.  :wacko:
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #354 on: Feb 24, 2012, 06:23 PM »
I'm glad Jamey taught me everything since his biggest pike and laker both came off my tip ups  :o.   I'll be bringing just my jig sticks and flasher.  No tip ups but I will be hopefully getting into the smelt for the people who put tip ups out     I'll have one of my wheelers.  Probally a red Suzuki with racks on it so if you see me in the parking lot off loading don't be afraid to say hi or ask for a lift.   D

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #355 on: Feb 24, 2012, 07:51 PM »
hey combsey    jamey said he is gonna show us what perch slaying is all about this weekend.   I was told that last weekend at brant to but  um wait all we caught was a tan.  :roflmao:   we may have to get some side bets going.   Jamey said he taught you everything you know so it should be a good battle.  But his skill was not proved to me  ;D     ok ok i will save the smack talk for the ice.     Should I  wear my cup so i am protected from the ball busting lol

Are you going to be there at normal persons time of 6:30am  or warrensburg  6:30 which in normal time is 8am    :roflmao: 

Yup i got the barrel all made up did that the other night.

roundlakeNY you are one rolicking dude I see - have to meet you. I hope my level of intoxication on Sunday is minimal when we first meet, otherwise your opinion of me might be biased   ::)

OK to %$#@ with Jamey, he is a good sport , because he is def. a fishing maniac. Feeds everyone well with his perch and crappie catches, and can hammer lakers on LG when there is ice. Hope he is not on Warrensburg time on Sunday ! I have not decided yet how early I am going to start drinking on Sunday. Social events usually cause me to want to get primed early, and often. If I get too close to open water, don't try to save me, I have an ex-wife, so it's OK to let me go .  ;) ;D :tipup:
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #356 on: Feb 24, 2012, 08:44 PM »
No I will bring the ramps this time lol

Offline RussianBear

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #357 on: Feb 24, 2012, 09:25 PM »
is it still snowing and how much snow is on the ground/roads.  i got a rear wheel drive car and it s@cks in snow, dont want to slide all over the road and end up in a ditch or accident.

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #358 on: Feb 24, 2012, 11:17 PM »
I better bring a extra sd card  lol         dfuller    good chance i will be watching the sun come up with a top popped     

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #359 on: Feb 25, 2012, 08:42 AM »
is it still snowing and how much snow is on the ground/roads.  i got a rear wheel drive car and it s@cks in snow, dont want to slide all over the road and end up in a ditch or accident.

THey should have the road's cleared.  They do a decent job with the main road's.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.