Author Topic: Wounded Warriors Tournament (Monument Lake - 1/25/14)  (Read 803 times)

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Chasing anything that swims in the Midwest
Kerri and I competed in the 4th Annual Wounded Warriors Ice Tourney on Jan. 25th, 2014. The weather was beautiful and they had a good turnout! Fun was had by all. Kerri had a blast at her first Ice Tourney. She caught a handful of Perch but one of which won her a Pizza. I caught a Perch which won me a nice pair of Kahtoola Micro Spikes. We found the Perch just fine but struggled to find the active Trout. I caught a 1lb 9oz. Snake River Cutthroat which finished right outside of 3rd but they only payed out Top 3. Adult 1st Place was 2lb 11oz., 2nd Place was 2lb 9oz, and 3rd was 2lb 0oz. Kids 1st Place was 3lb 9oz!!!

How did everyone else do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb0QBLq0Cmw

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
Re: Wounded Warriors Tournament (Monument Lake - 1/25/14)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2014, 09:49 AM »
Nice job, Mitch!  Looks like a fun time and a great cause for that tourney, too.  And there's nothing like eating a hot pizza on the ice -- lol :)
 :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline trout_hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2014, 09:43 PM »
We had to work in the morning so ended up taking a couple of co workers out in the afternoon. Was a but of a shock pulling up at noon. Set the pop up up and 30 min later the lake was desereted. Lots of fish came through but not many takers till about 4:30.

Offline Hambone77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2014, 08:23 PM »
I didn't fish the tournament but my son and I were out there. We iced three small bows. Slow day for us. Super nice day though. I heard the tournament announcer offer up that pizza for the first perch and thought "now that's a prize"

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Chasing anything that swims in the Midwest
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2014, 10:14 AM »
I didn't fish the tournament but my son and I were out there. We iced three small bows. Slow day for us. Super nice day though. I heard the tournament announcer offer up that pizza for the first perch and thought "now that's a prize"

Haha yea I was getting everything set up and Kerri had already caught 3 perch with more beneath her. As soon as she heard the announcer say that, she said "I'm going to win that pizza" and soon enough, she had a perch on her line, put it in a bag, and took off. Pretty funny stuff! Couldn't have asked for better weather!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.