The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: boarder ponds  (Read 947 times)

Offline lobsterman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • quit crying and start fishing.
boarder ponds
« on: Feb 14, 2018, 05:54 AM »
is it legal to access a  border pond from NH or do you have to access from the maine side and walk / drive over to the nh side to fish their shore?

Offline swnoel

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: boarder ponds
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2018, 09:05 AM »
Not an issue... just need either state license to fish border water.

Offline MG39

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2018, 11:10 AM »
Either license is good, however you should CAREFULLY read the special laws on a specific body of water, listed in that section.  Salmon & cusk regulations especially.

http://maine.gov/ifw/fishing-boating/fishing/laws-rules/interstate-water.html
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have Trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today & I Will Trust Tomorrow,
Maybe......

Semper-Fi

Offline lobsterman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • quit crying and start fishing.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2018, 12:02 PM »
i wondered more about if you walk up to your truck NH side with fish caught on a boarder pond you wouldn't have a nh license and also on the wrong side of the lake .

Offline MG39

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2018, 02:07 PM »
i wondered more about if you walk up to your truck NH side with fish caught on a boarder pond you wouldn't have a nh license and also on the wrong side of the lake .

I think this is pretty clear, as long as you're on one of these bodies of water.

Fishing licenses issued to any person by either this State or New Hampshire shall be recognized when used on any lake or pond which is partly in both States of Maine and New Hampshire.

Waters Affected by this Section
Balch and Stump Ponds, Acton, Maine and Wakefield, New Hampshire.
Great East Lake, Acton, Maine and Wakefield, New Hampshire.
Horn Pond, Acton, Maine and Wakefield, New Hampshire. Signs posted at the downstream extent of the Great East Dam Outlet Canal denote the boundary between Horn Pond and the Salmon Falls River.
Kimball Pond, Lower, Fryeburg, Maine and Chatham, New Hampshire.
Milton Pond, Lebanon, Maine and Milton, New Hampshire.
Northeast Pond, Acton and Lebanon, Maine and Milton New Hampshire.
Province Lake, Parsonfield, Maine and Effingham/Wakefield, New Hampshire.
Salmon Falls River, Acton, Lebanon, Berwick, and South Berwick, Maine, and Milton, Rochester, Somersworth, and Rollinsford, New Hampshire. Included is the upper reach of the Salmon Falls River beginning at the outlet dam of Great East Lake, also known as State Line Canal, to a point downstream marked by signage indicating the northern terminus of Horn Pond.
Spaulding Pond, Lebanon, Maine and Milton, New Hampshire.
Townhouse Pond, Lebanon, Maine and Milton, New Hampshire.
Umbagog Lake, Upton, Maine and Errol/ Cambridge, New Hampshire. Waters of Umbagog Lake include the waters of the Androscoggin River downstream to the Errol Dam, the waters of the Magalloway River upstream to coordinates 44.795602°-071.062732° to 44.795602°- 071.061793° using WGS84 map datum, and the waters of the Rapid River upstream to the red markers at Cedar Stump in the State of Maine.
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have Trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today & I Will Trust Tomorrow,
Maybe......

Semper-Fi

Offline GRGS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2018, 04:25 PM »
I heard of a situation on Lake Umbagog where if you unloaded your Me registered snowmobiles in the parking lot,they gave you a warning if they were not registered for the state of NH. What was legal was if you unloaded your Me registered sleds on the lake (out in front of the boat launch) you were ok. Maybe it has to do with the wording of the law ( on the water).

Offline Squidy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2018, 10:19 AM »
I heard of a situation on Lake Umbagog where if you unloaded your Me registered snowmobiles in the parking lot,they gave you a warning if they were not registered for the state of NH. What was legal was if you unloaded your Me registered sleds on the lake (out in front of the boat launch) you were ok. Maybe it has to do with the wording of the law ( on the water).

That's an interesting one, your now outside of the fishing regulations and into the snowmobile regulations. it's nice to hear they are only giving warnings.

Offline swnoel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2018, 11:04 AM »

You would clearly have an unregistered RV operating in NH until you're on the water... I know this is stupid!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.