Author Topic: Snowmobile Racks  (Read 13944 times)

Offline Hunt_N_Pike

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Snowmobile Racks
« Reply #30 on: Dec 05, 2012, 11:07 AM »
Ah man you guys are gona have me in the garage this week off!!!!!!! AKDG thats a very nice set up you have there!!!

And hey Drifter how are ya doing these days?

Offline Fishin_Chip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 07, 2012, 09:56 PM »
Hi!  In my neck of the woods the trails are narrow and twisty, crossways auger mounts are not too practical.  Lots of guys around here take their auger apart for transport, I don't think too much of that.  My first setup was a lot like akdg's box, but with the auger lengthwise on top.  I found that to be very top heavy, and not practical for any distance.  My current system uses 5/8" aluminum rod and T-slots extrusions to create a modular system that is both practical and flexible.  My gear rides so well that you don't even know it's there!  I carry a Quickfish pop-up, one or two chairs, a power auger, Mr Heater Buddy, Vexilar flasher, Rotopax gas can, 6 to 12 rods, tip-ups, etc. and bait, snacks, survival gear, sno-bunjie, etc, etc.  Super happy with the set-up, can't think of anything I would change at this point.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #32 on: Dec 07, 2012, 10:13 PM »
Ah man you guys are gona have me in the garage this week off!!!!!!! AKDG thats a very nice set up you have there!!!

And hey Drifter how are ya doing these days?

Pretty decent, except I hurt my back jumping doen off the tailgat of my buddies truck down on the KP in September.
Been 3 months now and it's finally starting to get better.   ::)
I guess I'm not a youngster any more.   :'(

Looking forward to time off during the holidays to sled and fish.  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.